Advice Corner

i feel like my head'll burst! plz help... (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

nsheena

IF-Dazzler

nsheena

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by devilangel

You see? That is the problem. You never know that you'll ace an exam, and you can only hope to ace it. Firstly, let me tell you that 86% is really not that bad and definitely not the end of the world.

Secondly, I think your problem is similar to what I used to have: cramming. Do not cram, do not overprepare, do not go over every word of your book every single time. Try reading it, understanding it is a key part, do math problems over again, and then take some time to digest it all in. At least you're lucky that your exam doesnt count for 25% of your grade and everything else is internal and external assessment like me. Just be lucky you don't have to sit 18 exams.

And if a teacher hates you, hate her back. She's a teacher, but she's powerless to do anything if you study hard and get good grades, she cannot forcefully wrong your answers or anything, so really, does it matter?

And lastly, tell your parents! They will be angry, yes, and disappointed,maybe, but do you really want to feel guilty the whole time without telling them?

ye... i kno 86% is not bad... but i thought i wud get more...Ouch but neva mindSmile
Ur right, she cant harm me if i work and get good gradesBig smile
will keep in mind wat u said..Embarrassed thanx

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "i feel like my head'll burst! plz help... (Page 2)" in Advice Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mizz_sabah

mizz_sabah

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 11:44am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Dark Love

Yea, stop thinking about your failures. Start afresh, move on. It's hard to break it to your parents, but it's better if you tell them yourself so they wouldn't be taken by shock when they hear it from the teacher. When they're in a really good mood, slowly bring it up and really show them that you're upset, and you really wanna try hard.

Also, I'd say study really hard for the next one, but first, examine your study habits. I always go, omg, I could've done way better on this if I'd studied, oh well, I will try harder next time and really study hard.

I end up spacing out in class, skipping homework, and vice versa. I actually end up sitting on I-F instead most of the time LOL So, really, sit down, think it over, and even though it sounds kinda lame, form a new study style, a schedule, force yourself to study, and study hard. Study as if it's the hardest thing in the world. And when you get to the exam, it won't be. But seriously, study really hard, and force yourself to not get distracted, if you do, pinch yourself and remind yourself that if you don't study, you might possibly do bad again, and you really don't want to disappoint your parents this time. Smile

About the teacher hating you, well, take this: I've always been a teacher's pet, but this year there's this new teacher at my new school that doesn't seem to fancy me much. And of course, it gets to me. She favors some people over another, and I've stopped letting it bother me. I just try to work hard and impress her, and look straight at her while she gives a lecture, so she knows that I'm dedicated to her class and focused on her lecture. She's turned out to be really nice, these days she smiles at me and asks me how I'm doing in my other classes, etc.

Great Advice.

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 08 February 2008 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
wow nsheena, i wish i could give u advice but it looks like everyone already did LOL well, God bless you and i hope u do well in ur studies. keep us (or me) posted Wink

nsheena

IF-Dazzler

nsheena

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
^thanx Nishi Embarrassed
well, the whole exma fiasco has subsided Big smile. I'm just working towards acing my boards... and as far as the teacher is concerned, i dont really care abt her now. She can think watever she wants to abt me. I just wanna ace my boards right now...
Thanx a lot guys... u'v been a gr8 help Hug

Post Reply New Post

Go to top