Advice Corner

i feel like my head'll burst! plz help...

nsheena thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
hello guys...

I usually am a bright student... always looked upon by my classmates for being brilliant and all the teachers like me too. I had wrote my 10th boards and the results werent all tat gr8... coz i got lethargic and a lil over-confident during my boards... i got just 86% wen i had aimed at abt 95%.
I tried to take it in my stride... and let it pass by and resolved to do well in my 12th boards... am currently in 12th and will appear for my 12th boards this year..
When i came to 11th std, i decided i wud work more hard... but i kept pushing everytn to the end and neva really studied even for 2 hrs at a stretch during 11th.. but i still managed to get decent marks coz i listen in class... And then, 12th grade started... i still dint start studying seriously... and then, i failed in a sub for the first time in my 12th quarterly. And then, i jsut got my half yearly marks... i have again failed😭😭 I'm feeling miserable... moreover, my class teacher seems to hate me, right from day one of 12th... and a teacher hating me... it was a new thing for me and it hurt a lot😭
i havent yet told my parents... i'm scared... they will b really hurt to kno tat i'v failed again in my half yearly.. but i can manage and convince them, coz i kno i'll ace in the next exam... but the thing is, i keep thinking abt my failure and it discourages me terribly... and the fact tat my class teacher will say god knows wat all to mom on open day... its just not letting me concentrate on my model exams😭😭😭
please help me...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Pinky- thumbnail
its okay.. jo hua so hua.. don't waste ur time thinking about how bad u did. just erase that part from ur memory.. instead think about the other exams that u did u so well in!! you ARE capable of acing ur exam cuz u hav done it b4 so GET TO WORK!!
STUDY HARD.. go for extra help.. study more than u used to.. and believe in urself.. u will definitely ace ur next examπŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ and aww don't be discouraged!!it happens. sometimes u do well. sometimes u dont..
walk into the class thinking ur soo smart n u know everything..(even if u don't) πŸ˜† it will boost up ur confidence

yeah ur parents will be hurt... but u will have to deal with it. promise them u will do better next time!!
as for ur teacher.. just ignore him/her.. ur class teacher is not ur friend or anything so just don't care about it. when u ace ur next exam.. ur teacher wont have a reason to hate u!
good luck πŸ˜ƒ Edited by -Pinky- - 16 years ago
nsheena thumbnail
thanx a lot pinky 😳
i will try my best and ace my model pprs πŸ˜ƒ
but my teacher... she is just so against me... she keeps discouraging all thsoe who dont fare well.. i went to ask her to read thru my project reports... but she just walked off saying tat she has other important work to do and tat i had came too late, wen the very same morning, she had checked my classmate's project!! she actually discouraged me the other day by saying, ntn acn b done abt u! si she 4 real!! tat really hurt me... She certainly is crazy!! i jsut want to show it to her tat i aint a dimwit!
ya... i'll walk like i know everytn though i might now πŸ˜› πŸ˜†
-Pinky- thumbnail
omgg same thing happened to me too today... i asked this teacher to do something n shes like no i wont..it will take too much of my time.. πŸ˜• i wanted to say excuse me.. u get paid to do this!but i decided to shut up πŸ˜† i guess the best thing u can do is to ignore n not take it personally. keep asking her to go thru ur project untill shes fed up n agrees to do it πŸ˜† noo just request once more.. if she doesn't do it, ask ur friend to go thru it or something..
if it goes out of hand, inform ur administrator so he can fire her!!πŸ˜† Edited by -Pinky- - 16 years ago
nsheena thumbnail
^Its so bugging wen they do tat... shez d only teacher in my school who does tat and such ppl disgust me!! They focus only on students who supposedly get good marks!
u kno... the yesterday, i was very frustrated and cudnt sleep bocz of my teacher... my frnd was online and we share a mutual hatred for d teacher.. so i started plotting ways of makin life miserable to her πŸ˜† πŸ˜† it felt after doin tat πŸ˜› the chat script was abt 10 pages long πŸ˜† and every sentence was abt how to make her life miserable and it was hilarious.. and to imagine we chatted at arnd 2 in the night and we were half asleep... i dint even remember i typed all tat untill i saw the chatscript again πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
u kno... am plannin to send a copy of tat chatscript to her house anonymously once i'm outta school πŸ˜›
I wont complain to the authorities, but after 12th boards, wen they ask us opinion of the teachers, i'll surely write wat i think abt tat teacher! I dont want my juniors to suffer as well.

Thanx a lot hun! Feelin much btr now πŸ€— πŸ€—
Dark Love thumbnail
Yea, stop thinking about your failures. Start afresh, move on. It's hard to break it to your parents, but it's better if you tell them yourself so they wouldn't be taken by shock when they hear it from the teacher. When they're in a really good mood, slowly bring it up and really show them that you're upset, and you really wanna try hard.

Also, I'd say study really hard for the next one, but first, examine your study habits. I always go, omg, I could've done way better on this if I'd studied, oh well, I will try harder next time and really study hard.

I end up spacing out in class, skipping homework, and vice versa. I actually end up sitting on I-F instead most of the time πŸ˜† So, really, sit down, think it over, and even though it sounds kinda lame, form a new study style, a schedule, force yourself to study, and study hard. Study as if it's the hardest thing in the world. And when you get to the exam, it won't be. But seriously, study really hard, and force yourself to not get distracted, if you do, pinch yourself and remind yourself that if you don't study, you might possibly do bad again, and you really don't want to disappoint your parents this time. 😊

About the teacher hating you, well, take this: I've always been a teacher's pet, but this year there's this new teacher at my new school that doesn't seem to fancy me much. And of course, it gets to me. She favors some people over another, and I've stopped letting it bother me. I just try to work hard and impress her, and look straight at her while she gives a lecture, so she knows that I'm dedicated to her class and focused on her lecture. She's turned out to be really nice, these days she smiles at me and asks me how I'm doing in my other classes, etc.
devilangel thumbnail
Originally posted by: nsheena

hello guys...

I usually am a bright student... always looked upon by my classmates for being brilliant and all the teachers like me too. I had wrote my 10th boards and the results werent all tat gr8... coz i got lethargic and a lil over-confident during my boards... i got just 86% wen i had aimed at abt 95%.
I tried to take it in my stride... and let it pass by and resolved to do well in my 12th boards... am currently in 12th and will appear for my 12th boards this year..
When i came to 11th std, i decided i wud work more hard... but i kept pushing everytn to the end and neva really studied even for 2 hrs at a stretch during 11th.. but i still managed to get decent marks coz i listen in class... And then, 12th grade started... i still dint start studying seriously... and then, i failed in a sub for the first time in my 12th quarterly. And then, i jsut got my half yearly marks... i have again failed😭😭 I'm feeling miserable... moreover, my class teacher seems to hate me, right from day one of 12th... and a teacher hating me... it was a new thing for me and it hurt a lot😭
i havent yet told my parents... i'm scared... they will b really hurt to kno tat i'v failed again in my half yearly.. but i can manage and convince them, coz i kno i'll ace in the next exam... but the thing is, i keep thinking abt my failure and it discourages me terribly... and the fact tat my class teacher will say god knows wat all to mom on open day... its just not letting me concentrate on my model exams😭😭😭
please help me...

You see? That is the problem. You never know that you'll ace an exam, and you can only hope to ace it. Firstly, let me tell you that 86% is really not that bad and definitely not the end of the world.

Secondly, I think your problem is similar to what I used to have: cramming. Do not cram, do not overprepare, do not go over every word of your book every single time. Try reading it, understanding it is a key part, do math problems over again, and then take some time to digest it all in. At least you're lucky that your exam doesnt count for 25% of your grade and everything else is internal and external assessment like me. Just be lucky you don't have to sit 18 exams.

And if a teacher hates you, hate her back. She's a teacher, but she's powerless to do anything if you study hard and get good grades, she cannot forcefully wrong your answers or anything, so really, does it matter?

And lastly, tell your parents! They will be angry, yes, and disappointed,maybe, but do you really want to feel guilty the whole time without telling them?
nsheena thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dark Love

Yea, stop thinking about your failures. Start afresh, move on. It's hard to break it to your parents, but it's better if you tell them yourself so they wouldn't be taken by shock when they hear it from the teacher. When they're in a really good mood, slowly bring it up and really show them that you're upset, and you really wanna try hard.

Also, I'd say study really hard for the next one, but first, examine your study habits. I always go, omg, I could've done way better on this if I'd studied, oh well, I will try harder next time and really study hard.

I end up spacing out in class, skipping homework, and vice versa. I actually end up sitting on I-F instead most of the time πŸ˜† So, really, sit down, think it over, and even though it sounds kinda lame, form a new study style, a schedule, force yourself to study, and study hard. Study as if it's the hardest thing in the world. And when you get to the exam, it won't be. But seriously, study really hard, and force yourself to not get distracted, if you do, pinch yourself and remind yourself that if you don't study, you might possibly do bad again, and you really don't want to disappoint your parents this time. 😊

About the teacher hating you, well, take this: I've always been a teacher's pet, but this year there's this new teacher at my new school that doesn't seem to fancy me much. And of course, it gets to me. She favors some people over another, and I've stopped letting it bother me. I just try to work hard and impress her, and look straight at her while she gives a lecture, so she knows that I'm dedicated to her class and focused on her lecture. She's turned out to be really nice, these days she smiles at me and asks me how I'm doing in my other classes, etc.

hey.. thanks a lot! i will do tat... kick myself and repeat.. i have to study.. tat will have to workπŸ˜ƒ
i've told my parents... they were disappointed big time, but told me to do well next time😊 man, it was a tough job... tellin my parents πŸ˜”
nsheena thumbnail
Originally posted by: devilangel

You see? That is the problem. You never know that you'll ace an exam, and you can only hope to ace it. Firstly, let me tell you that 86% is really not that bad and definitely not the end of the world.

Secondly, I think your problem is similar to what I used to have: cramming. Do not cram, do not overprepare, do not go over every word of your book every single time. Try reading it, understanding it is a key part, do math problems over again, and then take some time to digest it all in. At least you're lucky that your exam doesnt count for 25% of your grade and everything else is internal and external assessment like me. Just be lucky you don't have to sit 18 exams.

And if a teacher hates you, hate her back. She's a teacher, but she's powerless to do anything if you study hard and get good grades, she cannot forcefully wrong your answers or anything, so really, does it matter?

And lastly, tell your parents! They will be angry, yes, and disappointed,maybe, but do you really want to feel guilty the whole time without telling them?

ye... i kno 86% is not bad... but i thought i wud get more... but neva mind😊
Ur right, she cant harm me if i work and get good gradesπŸ˜ƒ
will keep in mind wat u said..😳 thanx
mizz_sabah thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dark Love

Great Advice.