~~~Sweta~~~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Zayed-Mallika become parents
19 Jan 2008, 0000 hrs IST
,AFSANA AHMED ,TNN

doweshowbellyad=0;
PROUD PARENTS: Zayed with wife Mallika Khan. (TOI Photo)

They are Bollywood's youngest Pa and Ma now. Zayed and Mallika Khan became proud parents yesterday morning after Mallika delivered a 6.1 pounds baby boy at 7.54 am.

The entire 'Khandaan' was present at the joyous occasion. Zayed, who has been receiving congratulatory calls since the birth, responded excitedly from the hospital bedside, "Oh my God! Have I become a father? I can't believe it. I have never been so happy in my life. When I look at the baby, I cannot believe that he is a part of me!"

The actor, an ardent soccer fan, has already named his son after France's famous player Zinedine Zidane. So Khan Jr will now be called Zidaan Zayed Abbas Khan. "We considered many names, but deep down I always wanted to name my son after Zidane, I am his great fan," revealed Zayed, adding, "it's too early to decide who he looks like, but I think the baby is 50-50 Mallika and me. She's given me the best gift so far. I cannot thank her enough."

Sister Farah Ali Khan, who was present with Mallika since admission to the hospital on Thursday night, said, "Our parents (Sanjay and Zarine Khan) cannot express their joy in words. Zidaan is the seventh grandson in the family but more importantly, this is the first time that my parents are Dada and Dadi. You cannot imagine their happiness."

Zayed plans to take a week-long break from his hectic shooting schedule and be with the baby. "I heard it's important to be with the baby in the initial stage. He should sense and feel my smell, touch and more importantly my love and bonding," said the proud young father. Zayed admits he feels too young to be a father, but said, "Others can be parents to my son, I will play with him, he will be my best friend."

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Zayed- Mallika_become_parents/articleshow/2711557.cms
Edited by ~~~Sweta~~~ - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starchase thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
tanxs 4 da article. congratz to zayed and malaika 😊 😊 😊
S.Aujla thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
great newz congratz to them
brownies thumbnail
CONGRATULATIONS Zayed!!!!!!
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
First Hrehan. Now Zidaan. Couldn't they find more complicated names
jassiee. thumbnail
Dats cute. Congrats to dem 😳
manny. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bunbutt_too

First Hrehan. Now Zidaan. Couldn't they find more complicated names

they dont sound complicated to me 😕

anyways congrats to zayed!!!

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
aww thats sweet.congrats to whole KHAN-daan 😊
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Congratz to the new parents!!! 👏
dures thumbnail
congratz to them!!

This can be an interpretation:
Zidan comes from Zaydane which comes from the verb: "Zada" in arabic means "to add".
In arabic to form an adjective you can add "..ane" to some verbs such as:
Rahama is a verb, Rahmane is the adjective.
Kassala is a verb, Kasslane is the adjective.

so : Zada (means add) is the verb, "Zaydane" or "Zidan" is the adjective (meaning adding).

Which implies that "Zidan" means "adding"

His first name is" Zineddine" which means in arabic: "the beauty of the religion".

Edited by dures - 16 years ago