meghavi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Rakshanda Khan

Your look is trendy in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (JJKN) but comparatively pretty drab in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (KSBKBT). Do you think viewers will accept Tanya's look?
Mallika Seth in JJKN is working in a fashion house so the look has to be trendy whereas Tanya in KSBKBT is a different character in a different set of circumstances. An actor surely wants to look different in different shows. That's the reason actors wear wigs sometimes.

What is your fitness funda?
I don't follow any fitness regime. I have not gone to a gym for over three months. I live a normal life just like anyone else. I keep munching something all the time. Previously it used to be chocolates, biscuits and pastries and now it is fruits. I am still a pure chocoholic!

Who according to you is the sexiest man on Indian television?
No one. We need more good-looking men in the industry.

Do you think TV actors and shows are instrumental in setting fashion trends?
Yes. The reach of television has gone up and audiences relate with the shows and love the characters. In JJKN, the sarees I wear are the same, which the director of a top fashion house would wear in reality. Even the suits worn by Apoorva Agnihotri playing Armaan Suri are expensive. The complete show has a rich look. Even the bed sheets shown in Mallika's house are silk bed sheets.

How do you feel on working in two different hit shows, Jassi and Kyunki?
It's a brilliant experience. I am working in the top two shows with the top production houses of the country. Both serials are trendsetters. KSBKBT is the show that has had the highest TRPs and JJKN is the most talked about show. I am in an enviable position.

Do you think talent is more important than looks for a TV actor?
It depends what you want to achieve as an actor. If an actor wants to play the lead role, it is necessary to be pleasant looking as we live in a country where we place a certain premium on looks. According to me, you need not have a crazy amount of talent to be a television actor. You simply need to be competent.

Who inspires you the most?
Anyone who has walked in any sphere of life and achieved something without the support of a godfather.

Do you want to work in films?
Although I keep receiving offers, I don't want to work in films. It is not necessary that if I have been running in 100-meter races, I should also compete in the 400-meter races. It's a matter of personal choice.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Anjali* thumbnail
    could you possibly be referring to this pic, Jen????? 🤢

HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3