Debate Mansion

Can your work colleagues be friends? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by *Jaya*

At this age of cut-throat competition in our work lives, and we as human beings becoming increasingly complex as we grow older - can we really have good friendship with those associated with our work? Most of us do have pleasant and non-work conversations with our colleagues, we do often go out for lunches and dinners together - but can we really call them and trust them completely as friends?

Ur thoughts pls Smile

Jaya ji ! Nice topic.Clap

Why can't collegues be friends?

The level of trust we can keep on any collegue depends on our behaviour and his/ her behaviour. If we are insecure and if we try to degrade others, or gossip about other team members or any one..then it is not possible to search friends in our colleguesTongue

We donot import friends from Mars or venus...we find them in everyplace....even in school..all schoolmates cannot be friends....similarly....even at work place we can be friendly with all the collegues but can make only few friendsSmile......

Cheers,

Mythili

Nicely put it  ClapMythiliji.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can your work colleagues be friends? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*~sneha~*

IF-Sizzlerz

*~sneha~*

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 4:57am | IP Logged
well...the world has just tooo much competition and for one to come up..indirectly or indirectly we are putting someone down..that is fact.it is extremely hard to trust anyone in this world today...we need to think twice,thrice to trust ur so called friends. And to trust your colleagues who would wanna do the same kind of work you do is pretty difficult.

not just here,but anywhere even in school..most of the kids want to supress the rest and be the overlord and for that they can do almost anything..!!

i dont think your work colleagues can be your good friends!

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 9:27am | IP Logged

Originally posted by *~sneha~*

well...the world has just tooo much competition and for one to come up..indirectly or indirectly we are putting someone down..that is fact.it is extremely hard to trust anyone in this world today...we need to think twice,thrice to trust ur so called friends. And to trust your colleagues who would wanna do the same kind of work you do is pretty difficult.

not just here,but anywhere even in school..most of the kids want to supress the rest and be the overlord and for that they can do almost anything..!!

My doubt, who could be a friend? In the case of siblings , there is  rivelery/competition among siblings, it is also among cousins, fellow students in school and colleges and also among collegues.  Then Friends may be from another planetWink

I think I can  accept persons who have  same wave length/ways of   thinking/compassion and who  are trustworthy enough inspite of competition  for success as friends. 

Most of my close friends-few, much selected -are my collegues.

*~sneha~*

IF-Sizzlerz

*~sneha~*

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nitasuni

Originally posted by *~sneha~*

My doubt, who could be a friend? In the case of siblings , there is  rivelery/competition among siblings, it is also among cousins, fellow students in school and colleges and also among collegues.  Then Friends may be from another planetWink

I think I can  accept persons who have  same wave length/ways of   thinking/compassion and who  are trustworthy enough inspite of competition  for success as friends. 

your rite..what in bold is what i am trying to say friends are exactly what u have written..!The fact is that out of 100 people only 1 or two are like that...who actually want success but on by supressing their friends or fellow mates.
Its really hard to find such people and not everyone is lucky !!

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 11:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

you said it all brilliantly SJBClapClapClap Nothing more left to say here Smile

Thankoo bahni Embarrassed Big smile

Thank you QT Tongue

@ Qwerty - aagey se yaad rakhna nahin to next time Mahabharat suna doongee LOL 

Edited by SholaJoBhadkey - 20 January 2008 at 11:20am

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nitasuni

Well-said! It's all about tuning into the right wavelength Smile

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Can work people be good friends? Interesting question.

It really depends on the people and the situations. Despite cut throat competition, and negative pressures of career I think our human social need for friendship and company takes precedence. There are still a lot of fine people at work who share great friendship with each other. You simply have to be honest open and optimistic. Considering that most adults spend 40 to 60 hours at work, and a significant amount traveling to and from. Work can be the only place for socialization for many people.

At the same time there will always be those self serving selfish people who are not true friends. They were there in school, they are there in the family and they will be there for the rest of our life. Also many companies are adapting strict policies regarding fraternizing between management and employees, so if there is position discrepancy, imminent promotions friendship can be delicate areas to tread. Even without that you want to keep the balance between friendship and responsibility.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top