Debate Mansion

Can your work colleagues be friends? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can your work colleagues be friends? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Anu.Rad

Why not... Smile

Just a question - what if your college or school mate joins the same office?? that more like friends becoming collegues and not colleagues becoming friends...SmileThis ego problem persists everywhere.. Its not only in office.. Ya, maybe in office there is more ego due to huge crowd residing there..

Office colleagues may have jealousy, but they do help in many ways too.. When we need some help in work, they are there to help.. Infact I feel its through them that we develop the network of corporate friends...

People mostly mistake acquaintances for friends.. which is the mistake here

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 18 January 2008 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Complete trust in my opinion is above the emotions of envy. A friend recently told me that even if I, in person, tell her that I hate her still she would think that she heard it wrong or it didn't happenLOL. It is melodramaticTongue but that is trust. Very rarely one can find such trust in any relationship. 

Maya but if you really meant it and your friend is in denial, how will you get your point across? ..LOL

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 18 January 2008 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by Anu.Rad

Why not... Smile

Just a question - what if your college or school mate joins the same office?? that more like friends becoming collegues and not colleagues becoming friends...SmileThis ego problem persists everywhere.. Its not only in office.. Ya, maybe in office there is more ego due to huge crowd residing there..

Office colleagues may have jealousy, but they do help in many ways too.. When we need some help in work, they are there to help.. Infact I feel its through them that we develop the network of corporate friends...

People mostly mistake acquaintances for friends.. which is the mistake here

LOL Must be why when they talk about such friends they start with - I used to have a friend that ..blah blah.. Wink

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 January 2008 at 11:59am | IP Logged

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 January 2008 at 12:00pm | IP Logged

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 18 January 2008 at 3:02pm | IP Logged

Not everyone wants to take your job, not everyone wants to use you as a stepping stone. With few conversations you can figure out who is and who is not of that type.

With the amount of time I spend with my colleagues I prefer to be more than aquaintances with my colleagues, Over my career I found out this approach helps personally and proffessionally too

To each their own opinion, but I like it this way

Edited by sareg - 18 January 2008 at 3:03pm

~globetrotter~

Groupbie

~globetrotter~

Posted: 18 January 2008 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

[QUOTE=lighthouse][QUOTE=Maya_M]

Complete trust in my opinion is above the emotions of envy. A friend recently told me that even if I, in person, tell her that I hate her still she would think that she heard it wrong or it didn't happenLOL. It is melodramaticTongue but that is trust. Very rarely one can find such trust in any relationship. 

But the bottomline here is if you trust each other so much then nothing and no one can create rift.

LOL...And I agree with your bottomline.

Ultimately, if the friendship is built on that level of trust, then regardless of whether that friend is someone you know at work, or someone you know outside of work, the friendship will survive. The fact that the person is your work colleague isnt as big a factor as whether or not you trust them. Friendship is formed because of your personal level of connection with them, and not necessarily because they work with you (though that might be really convenient...lol).

Post Reply New Post

Go to top