Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lighthouse thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: Maya_M

Complete trust in my opinion is above the emotions of envy. A friend recently told me that even if I, in person, tell her that I hate her still she would think that she heard it wrong or it didn't happenπŸ˜†. It is melodramaticπŸ˜› but that is trust. Very rarely one can find such trust in any relationship. 

Maya but if you really meant it and your friend is in denial, how will you get your point across? ..πŸ˜†

lighthouse thumbnail
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

People mostly mistake acquaintances for friends.. which is the mistake here

πŸ˜† Must be why when they talk about such friends they start with - I used to have a friend that ..blah blah.. πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: lighthouse

Maya but if you really meant it and your friend is in denial, how will you get your point across? ..πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† I know.

But the bottomline here is if you trust each other so much then nothing and no one can create rift.

πŸ˜† Must be why when they talk about such friends they start with - I used to have a friend that ..blah blah.. πŸ˜‰

Once upon a time there was a friend...πŸ˜†

sareg thumbnail

Not everyone wants to take your job, not everyone wants to use you as a stepping stone. With few conversations you can figure out who is and who is not of that type.

With the amount of time I spend with my colleagues I prefer to be more than aquaintances with my colleagues, Over my career I found out this approach helps personally and proffessionally too

To each their own opinion, but I like it this way

Edited by sareg - 16 years ago
~globetrotter~ thumbnail
lighthouse thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

πŸ˜† I know.

But the bottomline here is if you trust each other so much then nothing and no one can create rift.

Sometimes best friends drift away from each other as they cannot relate to each other any more or have lost interest in the friend.  They may continue to care for each other but don't feel like talking to them every day/ week/ month.  It happens as people move away , get married, grow up πŸ˜›  , or simply going thru different stages in life.

Anuradha thumbnail
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

People mostly mistake acquaintances for friends.. which is the mistake here

Lol... For me its all the same.. πŸ˜†

Anyway at the end they are colleagues.. Acc to this topic we are debating on if colleagues can become friends because they will have ego and jealousy.. What if the old friend also has the same... Its not that a friend cannot have ego or jealousy... Even the frnd can backstab and more importantly they are a big threat because they would be knowing everything about us πŸ˜†

Sometimes best friends drift away from each other as they cannot relate to each other any more or have lost interest in the friend.  They may continue to care for each other but don't feel like talking to them every day/ week/ month.  It happens as people move away , get married, grow up πŸ˜›  , or simply going thru different stages in life.

Right. But here we are talking about friends whom we meet daily at work.

As in friends drifting away because of responsibilities, it still doesn't create "rift" as in emotional rift. You might not call that friend daily but you still maintain that bond.

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sareg

Not everyone wants to take your job, not everyone wants to use you as a stepping stone. With few conversations you can figure out who is and who is not of that type.

With the amount of time I spend with my colleagues I prefer to be more than aquaintances with my colleagues, Over my career I found out this approach helps personally and proffessionally too

To each their own opinion, but I like it this way

My sentiments, too!

My best friend here is also my office-mate! We have shared, along with office space, our happiness, sorrows, heartbreaks, parental nagging (when we were single), husband sorrows πŸ˜†, office gossip - the works. I can't imagine sharing so much time, and an office with a mere acquaintance!