Posted: 16 years ago

Hey

was reading a conversation on om shanti om and some people liked it and some people really hated it and it got me thinking what do people watch movies for and what kinds of movies.

For me i like entertaining movies like om shanti om and ones with romance or ones that leaving you feeling aww at the end of it like kuch kuch hota hai and vivah for me i do not really care about how well its really made or whether it made you think for example like black  and devdas for example do not get me wrong i liked the movies but if i had to spend 3 hours watching movies i would watch ones that make me feel good.

They were also saying that movies like om shanti om etc are not remebered but movies like taare zameen par are because of how they made etc. My view is that surely a movie that does well will be remebered and movies will be remebered by people on what they like.For example theirs movies like mother india for example that are always mentioned yet the same list will include films like ddlj and bobby not simply because of the story but what they did for their time etc.

Surely om shanti om and saawariya will be remebered as well for debut films of actors and because it was tribute to 70s another films been made that looks back at another genre in film surely that kind of suggest that it has made some kind of impact also different type of film compared to other sure people say its copied etc but i have not seen karz lol and it was meant to be a tribute and meant to be taken lightly

Wanted to know after all that what movies you like or like to watch anyways and what do you think makes a movie memorable 😳😃

Edited by Ektas_Angel - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fashionholic thumbnail
I don't really have a specific genre that i do and don't watch, it just mainly depends on what mood im in.

But i only bollywood watch movies that appeal to me i.e the screenplay, actors and music.

For a movie to be memorable it has to have a good story, good music and good performances. For me it also has to either make me think (like saawariya and TZP) or i have to be able to relate to it (like DDLJ, Namaste London)
[QUOTE=Punjabi_chic]I don't really have a specific genre that i do and don't watch, it just mainly depends on what mood im in.  same here but i just gave those for example like other day i was watching masti just because i was in mood😆

But i only bollywood watch movies that appeal to me i.e the screenplay, actors and music.  i think thats main thing it has to appeal and movie that appeals to alot of people is what makes it a hit

For a movie to be memorable it has to have a good story, good music and good performances. For me it also has to either make me think (like saawariya and TZP) or i have to be able to relate to it (like DDLJ, Namaste London)those are good reasons think thats what main thing is about a movie ðŸ˜Š [/QUOTE]
preetysadia thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't know why I watch movies

I watch a film if the promo of the film you know when I see it on tele. I just wanna watch it , I don't just watch any film but I watch whatever my heart says and whatever my heat syas "yeah that is the one that you hav eto watch" 😆 😆 😆 I know it is funny but I don't know that's me 😳
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
The look of the film overall.......As in if u see some promos that look fresh n bubbly,which i like to see.......while others look old n stale 🤢 .....!!

The actors........I mean it takes SRK to pull me to the theatre n watch the movie or if my fav pair in there in the muvieee 😳 😳 ........Otherwise i just rent a dvd for other actors films 😆 .....!

Then the subject of the film........Like TZP ,Chak de.....etc.....real hatke types!!

And lastly , Word of mouth publicity........If ppl around me really recommend a film strongly enough then it makes me curious to know why they liked it soo much........so i go n watch !! 😆 😆 😆
Edited by togepe30 - 16 years ago

Originally posted by: luv_srk_rani

I don't know why I watch movies

I watch a film if the promo of the film you know when I see it on tele. I just wanna watch it , I don't just watch any film but I watch whatever my heart says and whatever my heat syas "yeah that is the one that you hav eto watch" 😆 😆 😆 I know it is funny but I don't know that's me 😳

Its not that funny hehe i think sometiimes a movie with actor you might not watch usually might attract you by the promos 😛

Originally posted by: togepe30

The look of the film overall.......As in if u see some promos that look fresh n bubbly,which i like to see.......while others look old n stale 🤢 .....!!  yeh thats one thing some look like abit werid or sets abit dark etc some look nice bright etc

The actors........I mean it takes SRK to pull me to the theatre n watch the movie or if my fav pair in there in the muvieee 😳 😳  same here with srk you know its going to be a entertainer 😳as for jodis same here i watch movies for jodis........Otherwise i just rent a dvd for other actors films 😆 .....! lol i have no choice unless i think films really good since i have to travel over a hour to see asian film

Then the subject of the film........Like TZP ,Chak de.....etc.....real hatke types!!  for sure thats what makes them stand out

And lastly , Word of mouth publicity........If ppl around me really recommend a film strongly enough then it makes me curious to know why they liked it soo much........so i go n watch !! 😆 😆 😆
same here na! though sometimes that go abit wrong lol i took my chachi to kank and i think i scared her lol though i liked it

jassiee. thumbnail
Well... For me it really depends, I just watch movies taht get me interested. It doesn't really matter if there action, comedy, drama. Buh I prefer comedy and dramaa(:
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Why do I watch movies? This may sound like an oxymoron but after a hard day dealing with the thieves, murderers, and rapists in court I find Bollywood movies very relaxing. So I don't discriminate....I watch every Bollywood movie...some full, some half, but mostly quarter.

Fashionholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: bunbutt_too

Why do I watch movies? This may sound like an oxymoron but after a hard day dealing with the thieves, murderers, and rapists in court I find Bollywood movies very relaxing. So I don't discriminate....I watch every Bollywood movie...some full, some half, but mostly quarter.

What profession are you in bunbutt_too?