Harry Potter

Did dumbledore really love/care 4 Harry?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Mit's113

Mit's113

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 7:22am | IP Logged

Hey Guys!!!Embarrassed

In the 5th book Dumbledore says that "I care too much 4 u....I can't bear to see u hurt"Embarrassed

But later in the 7th book Snape feels really bad when Dumbledore tells him that Harry is a horcrux, and he must be killed in order to destroy Voldemort.... 

And it is said that he always dedicated himself for the greater good....Wink 

And he was even ready to make Harry sacrifice himself 4 the greater good....Embarrassed

In the 5st book he also said that "I knew that u would suffer 10 miserable years at the Dursleys....but, u would be safe....I wanted u to be alive"Embarrassed

Is it bcoz he knew that Harry had to be killed by Voldemort later in order to destroy the horcrux???Confused

Please don't bash me I liked Dumbledore very much but, I suddenly thought that did Dumbledore really love/care for Harry or did he do it for the greater good???Ouch

Please reply with ur opinions....EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Did dumbledore really love/care 4 Harry?" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~PuNk PrInCeSs~

Goldie

~PuNk PrInCeSs~

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 7:45am | IP Logged
he did care for harry or else he'd hav left him 2 die..he trained him so that voldy wouldnt take undue advantage of him..n like even though he knew tht harry would die n ol, he let harry make the final choice..if harry wanted he wud hv ran away instead of dying..but he dint do tht..the choice was entirely harrys..

Mit's113

Mit's113

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 9:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~PuNk PrInCeSs~

he did care for harry or else he'd hav left him 2 die..he trained him so that voldy wouldnt take undue advantage of him..n like even though he knew tht harry would die n ol, he let harry make the final choice..if harry wanted he wud hv ran away instead of dying..but he dint do tht..the choice was entirely harrys..

Maybe he did care....Embarrassed

It's confusing......Confused

sagari55

sagari55

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 10:12am | IP Logged
yes he did Smile

pari0706

IF-Veteran Member

pari0706

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 10:34am | IP Logged
i think dumbledore did care about harry but he was a man who also wanted voldmort finished so he did care for harry and trained him so that he can defeat voldmort and if u see then while dumbledore was tellig snape about harry being horcrux he actually closed his eyes that i think signifies that he really felt bad and had to keep a big stone on his heart to speak what he was saying he also asked snape to liste without interupting bcz if snape interupted then dumbledore might not be able to contiue... he had to do it as it was harry's destiny but i m sure dumbledore knew harry would be able to come back as he told harry in kings cross chapter that harry's soul is completely his own now

-Pari Embarrassed

moonlitnight

IF-Dazzler

moonlitnight

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 11:46am | IP Logged
he cared for harry. he it was his part of plan. coz harry could only defeat death if he himself surrender to death.he knew what would make harry to bow before death. so he made hs speech. then in the dream or whatever it was ( right after Voldy srikes adava kedavra on harry in the 7th book) he explained him everything.

-tropa

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
yes, dumbledore did care for harry... dumbledore knew that harry would defeat death and would have a choice to go back to the world.

Mit's113

Mit's113

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Thanx 2 all 4 explaining........ Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top