Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:56pm | IP Logged

saat shri akkaal

i had another topic asking what sports and games are there in punjab in this topic i found online that there are tons games here are some to list just for fun an di hope maybe you guys will learn new gamesBig smile

Kikli
This is game, basically for women. Two girls clasp their hands and move in circle. This was a game, which was played by two or four girls and multiple of two thereof.
Kikli kleer di,
Pag mere vir de,
Daupatta mere bhai da
Phitte mun jawai da

Gheeta Pathar
Some pebbles, stones or broken earthenware could be broken further into pieces and used for playing Gheeta Pather. This was a game, which did not involve running or jumping and was played sitting on the floor.

Khidu
The girls would sing along with Khidu (Ball), in fact these rhymes and game is suitable for the children: This was for the first round, there was the second and third till the end was reached by counting ten and singing the tenth song.

Kokla Chhapaki
This game is popular even today amongst the children. Both boys and girls play it. Children sit in a circles and a child who has cloth in hand goes around the circle-singing: It is a kind of warning for the children sitting in a circle not to look back. The cloth is then dropped at the back of a child. If it is discovered before the child who had placed it there had completed the round, the child who discovered the cloth would run after him and try to touch him with it till he sits in the place vacated by the one who had discovered the cloth.

Chicho Chich Ganerian
This game is for both boys and girls. It is generally played by two teams and involves drawing as many vertical lines as possible.

Lukan Miti (Hide & Seek)
This was also played by both boys and girls and continues to this day. Two teams can also play this. One has to hide, the other has to seek but before doing it a call is given.

Guli Danda
This is basically a game for the boys and is the simplest version of modern cricket. It is played with a wooden stick and 'guli' (another small wooden piece pointed at both the ends.) Two teams divide themselves, one throws the guli and the other team uses the danda- (stick) to strike it. There are various other games that are played with Guli Danda

Kidi Kada or Stapoo
This is a game played both by the girls and boys. It is still common amongst some of the children. This game is played with in small boundary (court), drawn on the ground and a piece of stone.

Ghaggar Phissi
This is another game for the boys. One boy would bend and the other boys, may be one or two or three get on top of him, if he could bear the weight, he would win. In case he could not bear the weight and fell, he would lose.

Kabbadi
This game is popular even today and is played now by both boys and girls. This was included in the Asian Games also and is popular all over south Asia. The game is played between two teams. A line is drawn between the two teams and each team would send a player across the line. If the player after crossing the line is able to touch a player of the opposite side and came back without being caught, the team doing so would win and a point was added to its score. This process by the player crossing the line has to be performed in a single breath. The team with higher score would be the winner

enjoy

manaiEmbarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Real Punjabi Games!" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

koenigbobo

IF-Stunnerz

koenigbobo

IF SUPER ADDICT

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
well i dunno bout most of those game cuz most of em r gurly games lol !! buti no sum !! kabadii !! gulli danda !! akhara !!

i played kabadi n gulli dunda !! Tongue LOL

ellemenopee

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

jassiee.

IF-Rockerz

jassiee.

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Hide n Seek is fun espp in a forestt lollllll.

~*simran*~

IF-Veteran Member

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:23pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Xplicit_Desii

IF-Stunnerz

Xplicit_Desii

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
omgg i knoww most of d gamez n used to play wid ma matez Tongue
i luv playin hide n seek Tongue

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Kokla Chhapaki = the western world's duck duck goose Tongue

also when i went to india me and my cousins played this game called "gra gra grup" (sorrry dont know the spelling) but you play the came using ur hands...ultimately this came leads to putting ur hands together and the other person tries to slap your hands while you try to move one hand out of the way Tongue

and another famous punjabi game: the card game bhabi...i always use to play it LOL

_sukhi_

IF-Rockerz

_sukhi_

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
wah ive heard of most of these... sounds really coool should play some day be a bachcha agen lol...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top