Aratai Arangam-Pudusa/Payaisa-Theme-3pg11 (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 13

Vinuthasri

Goldie

Vinuthasri

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Jas: You voiced all my thoughts. :)
Caryn says kalyanam than kattikittu song is a message to all parents. Songs should give good message to children also. Parents are adults but it is children who need good advice. If you see the situation of this song in the movie, both side parents were not against the hero and heroine's love marriage. The song would have had some meaning if the parents didn't accept their love.
summaa irukkum podhe, ipdi paadinaa, ennamma arththam?
Netra could quote only songs on mother, inspirational song to kids and friendship songs because these are the only themes the lyricist cannot mess up with.
Anjali song from the movie "Duet" was released in 1994 and Indhira song was released in 1995. What about songs from 2000? Even in the early 90 movies Duet, there was a song kaththirikka gundu kaththirikkaa and you know the standard of that song. In the movie Indhira, there is another one "odakkaara maari muthu" song which is not inspirational one to kids.
If you see in the media, young participants who want to become singers choose songs from 60's and 70's and 80's. The new songs may be popular in the younger generation but they will not have an everlasting appeal. This craze is just shortlived whereas old songs are always a treat to us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Aratai Arangam-Pudusa/Payaisa-Theme-3pg11 (Page 3)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Karthikka

Caryn, excellent rebuttals....well done. Thumbs Up Clap

Jay,no Naradar work, OK? Wink

naradava Confused??? naana Confused??? yaaru avaruConfused???? iva enna paesaraShocked???

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:20am | IP Logged
and tell me one more thing my wonderful opponents....if the old songs were not so sustaining i wonder why so many of them are being remixed are a major hit these days...thottal poo malarum is an example for this one!!! the same voices, the same lyrics, the same melody...just a variation i the tune...

Edited by jasunap - 16 January 2008 at 10:24am

Fluidd

Goldie

Fluidd

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:22am | IP Logged

Jas and Vinu, you reflected my thoughts through lines. If we start talking about old songs, one year is not sufficient to talk about its beauty.

I do not find much wrong with Sakalakalaa vallavan -- he use to say how much he is capable of doing all things. Karthikka, if you say kamal's costume is bad that day, what can you say about today's ....

My father use to make fun of modern sense of dress when road laying ppl lay the road. He said, they will lay the road like actress dress. No need to explain this statement. But it is true.

Netra: Twisted words in old songs aa? go and read all the old songs posted by Vinu, Kavi, Roja akka, Jas and me and explain where you have not followed the lyrics and information conveyed. Netra ma, you can quote some good songs with magnifying glass only from early 1990's. As per my knowledge those are NOT new songs, those are MODERATE songs. NEW means last generation, which is nothing but just passed 10 yrs, can you quote atleast 20 very good songs from 2000's immediately????? Voting.... don't ever try. if it happens I am sure maximum votes to OLD songs only.

Caryn: Msg to parents..... funny. As Vinu said msg has to be conveyed to kids for their well being. Now a days only non-sense songs are aired all the time in all the channels. 

I use to watch Sun Music once upon a time when they aired very old, old, moderate songs. Now they are giving preference to only new songs. I lost interest. Not only me, I know many folks like me.

Karthikka: Naradar Jay. Yes ma. She is telling the truth, ONLY truth like Naradar, b'cos his intension is to get the good for everyone.

Jas: Naradar is son of Bhramma, extreme devotee of Vishnu. He is saint ma. He pass the message between opponents, so that the end result will be good. We say "Naaradar Kalagam Nanmaiyil Mudiyum".

I agree Ja, too much of remix these days. Netra quoted song from Parthiban Kanavu. That movie has old song remix. "Ooo.. buck buck buck maada puraa, yenge yenthen jodi pura......"

Parthiban Kanavu has the song: "theeratha dhum mu venum, thittadha appu venum, kurai yaadha quater venum, kondaada natpu venum....."  --- yes one must need such a friend

Apparam April maadhadil: "site adipom, dhum adipom, thaniiya thaan kalanthadipom, Naanga books aa mattum thotudave maattom......."  ---- this is how the college students are leading to now a days..... I am a college professor ma..... I know very well about variety of students just by seeing them once.

Edited by Fluidd - 16 January 2008 at 10:35am

Vinuthasri

Goldie

Vinuthasri

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:27am | IP Logged
jas: They do not use the same voice. I wish they did or use some singer who knows how to pronounce. See how the singer does a kolai of the tamil language in pon magal vandhaal song from azhagiya tamil magan. Just listen to these words in the new song:
muththukkal sirikkum nilaththil
thiththikkum ninaippai vidhaikkum....
And in engeyum eppodhum song, how they have added the rap part. I wish they stop remixing old songs. Please leave the old songs alone. New lyricists, write your own lyrics. :)

Vinuthasri

Goldie

Vinuthasri

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Fluidd: Good points. :)How can you think Jas doesn't know who naradhar is? She knows very well and she is a good person who wants to end things well like naradhar, as you said. :)

Fluidd

Goldie

Fluidd

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Vinu: very nicely written debate ma. My vote for u.

Vinuthasri

Goldie

Vinuthasri

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Fluidd: Nanri ma. I wanted to quote so many more good songs in my list but you know that it will be never ending. :)

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Other Topics Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.