Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Angelic_J

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:09am | IP Logged

Punjabi Channel Dev. team has decided to come up with "STAR of the week" threadBig smile This will be a bi-weekly thread where we will give you guys one Punjabi Star and you can discuss ANYTHING and EVERYTHING related to that StarTongue

Here are  few rules EVERYONE is expected to follow:

No personal attacks on members.

PLEASE refrain yourself for going over the board with criticsm for the stars. You are allowed to criticize the stars but please do so while being within your limitsEmbarrassed 

PLEASE refrain yourself from posting one liners such as "I agree" or "Same here" as your ONLY reply to the post. If you're quoting someone then it's fine but one liners as your only reply is NOT acceptable. Try your best to have a constructive discussionEmbarrassed

It's a request guys PLEASE follow the above rulesBig smile

The Star of the Week for this week is someone who has taken "Punjabiyat" to new levels in one of world's top entertainment industry aka Bollywood. Reciting his names makes the girls go weak in their knees and make the guys start doing bhangra {and ofcourse start acting like a monkey}LOL without further anticipation introduce our this week's SOTW which is none other than the Multi-talented..

Rajiv Bhatia

aka

Star AKSHAY KUMAR Star

Here is a siggy to promote our SOTW made by our very own Suki Hadii ermm i mean ~Sukhi~Big smile 

http://i10.tinypic.com/72u3sc8.gif

Pleej do use the siggy and show your support for Punjabi ChannelEmbarrassed

Here are a few excerpts from Akshay's interview:

Tell me
what

I don't know already about your early days, please.
Hmm, okay I was a Chandni Chowk kid. Every morning I'd go to the Sheeshganj gurdwara with my grandma at 5.30 in the morning. I could recite the Shanti mantra from a very young age. There I was a kid lost in the gullies..which must be the most unique in the world, named after food. Like the Parathewalli gully, Aamwalli gully.

And there would be pure ghee shops which offerred rewards if you could prove that there was any adulteration. It was a simple life in a joint family set-up with 18 people living in two rooms. We'd travel to Bombay by Frontier Mail, Deluxe or Punjab Mail..it was the height of luxury to travel in a Rajdhani.

Hmm, so when did you first get on to an airplane?
I must have been 13. My father was unwell in Bombay, I was entrusted to the care of airhostesses. I was told I'd be going on an airbus..(laughs) so I expected the coach bus on the tarmac to suddenly grow wings and fly off.

Did you find Bombay remarkably different from Delhi?
Not much. Initially we stayed in Koliwada, another Punjabi dominated area, also famous for its food. From Don Bosco school, it was Khalsa college where I was more interested in sports and girls.

And what was that Bangkok phase?
That was to earn a living to be honest. I cooked any kind of food, did whatever chore I was asked to..the five years there toughened me up.There were so many Asians there. Ali my closest buddy was a Pakistani.

The first break came after modelling..right?
In a way. I was supposed to fly to Bangalore to model for a shirt brand ..I was thrilled, I was going to be paid Rs 25,000..but instead of the morning flight I thought it was the evening one. I've never cried so much..but then Pramod Chakravarthy saw my portfolio and offered me a leading man's role in Deedar that day at 7 pm.. the exact time I thought I had to catch the flight to Bangalore.

So when did you first wing off to Europe..to London?
It was for a world tour with Saif Ali Khan, Juhi Chawla and Rishi Kapoor saab. My Mast mast song from Mohra had become a craze.

Surprisingly, I found that Indians settled there spoke much better Punjabi and Hindi than many of us do at home. They love India and Indian cinema..and have slogged to earn pounds and a better lifestyle for their children.

It's the Gen Next which really has to deal with how to be comfortable in their own skin..whether you like it or not, every NRI hopes that his child doesn't get married to a white person.

At one time, there were reports that you wanted to settle in Canada.
No, no, I've never given a serious thought about becoming an NRI ever. Dual citizenship does sound attractive for someone who has to work for months abroad..but no I wouldn't go for this..not yet.

I really believe anyone who can stay in India can stay in any part of the world

When I say America what do you think of?
Dollars, clean vast country, rich.

And when I say India?
Food, happy, warm..me. I really believe anyone who can stay in India can stay in any part of the world. Anyone who can drive in India can drive anywhere in the world.. this may sound like a contradiction but because we break more traffic rules, we are more attentive drivers.

What would your parents have said if you'd married a white girl?
To be honest, I only like Indian women. I have never been attracted to white women. You can take Akshay out of Punjab..but you can't take Punjab out of Akshay..which is the issue addressed in Namastey London.

Hasn't this issue been addressed already in Purab aur Paschim, Des Pardes and Aa Ab Laut Chalen?
I think we're on a different track..we're saying stay where you want to.. but don't run away from yourself. It's a sweet love story and it's an important one for me, because it's my solo-hero film.

SOURCE : http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=f8 e1ad8a-1b67-4624-a9e8-70fe165e42db&&Headline=Akshay+ Kumar+is+a+Punjabi+by+nature

So wht you guys waiting for? Start discussion Akshay KumarCool

Edited by JK_5 - 14 January 2008 at 9:12am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Howlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~!~ Star Of The Week ~!~" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ellemenopee

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:25am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

spoiledbrat

IF-Sizzlerz

spoiledbrat

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:35am | IP Logged

omgg akshayyEmbarrassed hey isnt hiss full name Rajiv Hari Om BhatiaWinkLOL

Awww he's from Chandnii chowckTongue menu nai sii pata.Embarrassed..omgg he didn't truss da airhosteessLOLLOLLOL quietee understandableLOL aahww i knew itCoolLOL Khalsa college vich kuriyan nu cherdaWinkLOLLOLaww the rest of da interviewss soo nicee!

butt man wot can i say. Embarrassedhe's soo hilariousssTongue i'vee likeddd him in every movieee i wotchdd. likee hera pheriEmbarrassed sumone rememba da dhoti sceneLOLLOLLOL

ma bro & sis went to see him when he had some concertOuch dey didnt even takee me!OuchLOL..butt when imma go to india to meet somee stars yeh imma start from aakiEmbarrassed

@ moony; aah uu Shocked....... u met himOuch cudnt u juss takee me or sumthinOuchLOL

Xplicit_Desii

IF-Stunnerz

Xplicit_Desii

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by JK_5

What would your parents have said if you'd married a white girl?
To be honest, I only like Indian women. I have never been attracted to white women. You can take Akshay out of Punjab..but you can't take Punjab out of Akshay..which is the issue addressed in Namastey London.

wow he said it aww tru punjabi heheLOL..ive liked all his moviez so far..Tongue

koenigbobo

IF-Stunnerz

koenigbobo

IF SUPER ADDICT

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Tongue koool !!! i like akshay 4 his comedy n action Tongue Tongue

ellemenopee

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
akshey is like the leading punjabi in the industry!
his movies are a blast to watch! he really is a comedian! he is too funny! i love him his acting rocks and he is punjabi and has not forgotton that and that is what i think is a hot!
when he did this award show i saw he preformed in a punjabi song with RDB and he sang in punjabi i thought he was sooooooo good! Clap

jassiee.

IF-Rockerz

jassiee.

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Hmm...I love Akky's actinggg...It's fun to watch and stuff. His moviess are awesome like Heyy Babyy, and Welcome! I usedd to nvr even noe who he is. until he startedd doing comedy and then I started paying more attention to him...He looks alrite I guess tho im not a big fan of his lookss. uhhhhhhmm...lovedd him in BB!!!!! =D

Edited by crazy_craze - 14 January 2008 at 2:40pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top