Page 5 Page 7

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

i believe in astrology not so much in astrologers... Smile

right. i've heard a lot of folks say this and one can see the point. but then how is this philosophically different from saying "I believe in God but not so much in the science/ methods we have come up with thus far to verify/ dispute his existence"?Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Astrology: do you believe? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

right. i've heard a lot of folks say this and one can see the point. but then how is this philosophically different from saying "I believe in God but not so much in the science/ methods we have come up with thus far to verify/ dispute his existence"?Smile

Astrology can be infallible.. but astrologers may not be.. Ok let me i i believe in astrologers based their approach and logic...Smile

god has nothing to do with Science.. astrologers interpret and read the charts based on rules from astrology,, A proper analogy would be I believe in  diagnostic procedures but cant believe in every doctors diagnosis...Smile

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 January 2008 at 12:40pm

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 2:09pm | IP Logged

Astrology can be infallible..

seems to me this is again based on faith, much the same way as certain beliefs in the existence of God. Smile

but astrologers may not be.. Ok let me i i believe in astrologers based their approach and logic...Smile

what specifically in their approach and logic? dont they all pretty much claim to be able to read stars. and of course, tea leaves?LOL

god has nothing to do with Science.. astrologers interpret and read the charts based on rules from astrology,,

well, if the best practitioners get it wrong so often, then it looks like astrology is a field that requires lots of interpretation and hand-waving. clearly not a scientific field then, which leads one to say that belief in astrology is simply faith-based. Smile 

A proper analogy would be I believe in  diagnostic procedures but cant believe in every doctors diagnosis...Smile

good analogy. but how scientific and precise is medical science if even highly trained people cant agree on the diagnosis? yet we call it science. Winkagain, just shows that we dont have all the science today that we need, at least not always in a useful format that folks can understand and apply. Which is why we cant deduce all possibilities from the science we know today. We sometimes need instincts and common sense to fill in the gaps as they exist todaySmile

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 4:25pm | IP Logged

Astrology can be infallible..

seems to me this is again based on faith, much the same way as certain beliefs in the existence of God. Smile...Since it involves planetary position it has scientific computation involved in the formations... There are certain axioms defined for nature of certain formation and planetary characteristics.. I wouldnt say it pure faith.. It was designed to be consistent and not arbitrary...

but astrologers may not be.. Ok let me i i believe in astrologers based their approach and logic...Smile

what specifically in their approach and logic? dont they all pretty much claim to be able to read stars. and of course, tea leaves?LOL No he methods they use may make a lot of difference.. Just like a quack says he is prescribing a steroid just so that you feel better...and it does work...LOL

god has nothing to do with Science.. astrologers interpret and read the charts based on rules from astrology,,

well, if the best practitioners get it wrong so often, then it looks like astrology is a field that requires lots of interpretation and hand-waving. clearly not a scientific field then, which leads one to say that belief in astrology is simply faith-based. Smile No who is the best practitioner.. this has been tied to religion so there are no fancy degrees to argue on.. Its veri much a grey area and people misusing it rampantly are doing it any good either...

A proper analogy would be I believe in  diagnostic procedures but cant believe in every doctors diagnosis...Smile

good analogy. but how scientific and precise is medical science if even highly trained people cant agree on the diagnosis? Generally medical science works with coarseness.. since you have broad spectrum antibiotics they doint care if it fixs you cough or cold.. so leeway for diagnosis is ver less..yet we call it science. Wink Its science only in its theory, clinical medicine is more like a intelligent guess in absence of extra diagnostics...again, just shows that we dont have all the science today that we need, at least not always in a useful format that folks can understand and apply. Good doctors end up in trivialities they cant come out of.. so thats thatWhich is why we cant deduce all possibilities from the science we know today. We sometimes need instincts and common sense to fill in the gaps as they exist todaySmile thats true in clinical medecine today as well.... Its skill to be good clinician.. or you can give a steroid and make your ignorant patients happy and be branded a good clinician...LOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

Very good yaaarBig smile...........Astrologers se shaaadi thoodi karna hey!!WinkLOLTongue

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Very good yaaarBig smile...........Astrologers se shaaadi thoodi karna hey!!WinkLOLTongue

Really, Vinu?

dreamer_dreams

IF-Rockerz

dreamer_dreams

Posted: 25 January 2008 at 9:29am | IP Logged
No one in my family believes in all these stuff but its fun to read it and then see if it is right or wrong...when it is good, i believe it but if its something bad i just forget it LOL

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 22 December 2008 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Bumping as similar topic was posted. Thanks!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top