Preservation of culture

Posted: 16 years ago

A couple of days back I met one russian lady who , half her life worked in one of the middle east country and now recently move to Canada.

Her argument was , why muslims/ Sikhs living here don't leave their way of living behind. To her , when she was in middle east she was forced to cover herself (she was refering for not letting her wear mini skirts and half sleeves, face and head was already an execption) so she said , Canadian should impose such situation to those people too , to force them adopt Canadian  culture  and if they are not satisfied they can always go back to their countries.

What is your take on this?

Edited by Morning_Dew - 16 years ago
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

A couple of days back I met one russian lady who , half her life worked in one of the middle east country and now recently move to Canada.

Her argument was , why muslims/ Sikhs living here don't leave their way of living behind. To her , when she was in middle east she was forced to cover herself (she was refering for not letting her wear mini skirts and half sleeves, face and head was already an execption) so she said , Canadian should impose such situation to those people too , to force them adopt Canadian  culture  and if they are not satisfied they can always go back to their countries.

Lolz.. I don't know if Canada or anyone can force people to "uncover" or make someone wear bikini while on the beach. πŸ˜‰  I mean how would they frame such law ? Law for (not against ok)  unveil, unmask, unclothe, denude, expose, divulge the bulge..πŸ˜† I am not sure decent families can make Canada their tourist destination anymore if it did have such law. πŸ˜‰

I read somewhere that some scandinavian countries' criterias for admitting conservative asians as citizens in their country is to make them sit through a video on lesbians, men kissing each other, girls dancing topless... it was meant as a test to see if they could accept all these radicalities of modern society...else they were refused citizenship.....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 years ago
Originally posted by lighthouse

Lolz.. I don't know if Canada or anyone can force people to "uncover" or make someone wear bikini while on the beach. πŸ˜‰  I mean how would they frame such law ? Law for (not against ok)  unveil, unmask, unclothe, denude, expose, divulge the bulge..πŸ˜† I am not sure decent families can make Canada their tourist destination anymore if it did have such law. πŸ˜‰

Dont be a spoil sport LH.....😑.. Let that law be  estalished... dewey which part of the country they are starting with... I can plan my long pending vacations accordingly....πŸ˜†

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Dont be a spoil sport LH.....😑.. Let that law be  estalished... dewey which part of the country they are starting with... I can plan my long pending vacations accordingly....πŸ˜†

@LH, I am not sure about complete family , may be wives and children would be sent to middle east and husbands would like to visit CanadaπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Originally posted by qwertyesque

πŸ˜†  πŸ˜† Qwerty , I did say decent families.😈 πŸ˜†. If you decide to go upto Canada during winter months , you are sure to be dissapointed to see everyone covered head to toe. πŸ˜‰ unless you come across a bollywood movie shooting with heroine doing her song and dance routine in a mini skirt in knee deep snow. πŸ˜†  

Come to think of it there is such law for Tv vamps and bollywood gals. πŸ˜†  So you are good staying put in front of your Tv.

Edited by lighthouse - 16 years ago

She knew about the rules in middleast, if she was'nt satisfied she should have gone to her country.. thats for the russian lady

and as for culture, I am still thinking whats canadian culture πŸ˜• πŸ˜†

i think they would need to establish culture before establishing law to follow it.πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by rockstallion

She knew about the rules in middleast, if she was'nt satisfied she should have gone to her country.. thats for the russian lady

and as for culture, I am still thinking whats canadian culture πŸ˜• πŸ˜†

i think they would need to establish culture before establishing law to follow it.πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† It is too late now to establish culture. Cultures everywhere are melting.

Force them to adopt Canadian culture? *blinks* Isn't Canada a free country?
Why in the world would they impose a law like that? Suddenly people should be forced to wear skimpy clothing?!😲 Now I'm sure some, like Qwerty, wouldn't mind oggling the pretty gals in tube tops and short shorts but many have a problem with dressing in clothing that they don't feel comfortable in and, IMO, nobody should be forcing anybody into wearing something they feel uncomfortable in.

Originally posted by lighthouse

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† It is too late now to establish culture. Cultures everywhere are melting.

absolutely, go with you on melting part.πŸ˜ƒ literally πŸ˜‰