Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 13 January 2008 at 8:14am | IP Logged

A couple of days back I met one russian lady who , half her life worked in one of the middle east country and now recently move to Canada.

Her argument was , why muslims/ Sikhs living here don't leave their way of living behind. To her , when she was in middle east she was forced to cover herself (she was refering for not letting her wear mini skirts and half sleeves, face and head was already an execption) so she said , Canadian should impose such situation to those people too , to force them adopt Canadian  culture  and if they are not satisfied they can always go back to their countries.

What is your take on this?

Edited by Morning_Dew - 13 January 2008 at 8:23am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Preservation of culture" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 13 January 2008 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

A couple of days back I met one russian lady who , half her life worked in one of the middle east country and now recently move to Canada.

Her argument was , why muslims/ Sikhs living here don't leave their way of living behind. To her , when she was in middle east she was forced to cover herself (she was refering for not letting her wear mini skirts and half sleeves, face and head was already an execption) so she said , Canadian should impose such situation to those people too , to force them adopt Canadian  culture  and if they are not satisfied they can always go back to their countries.

Lolz.. I don't know if Canada or anyone can force people to "uncover" or make someone wear bikini while on the beach. Wink  I mean how would they frame such law ? Law for (not against ok)  unveil, unmask, unclothe, denude, expose, divulge the bulge..LOL I am not sure decent families can make Canada their tourist destination anymore if it did have such law. Wink

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 13 January 2008 at 4:30pm | IP Logged

I read somewhere that some scandinavian countries' criterias for admitting conservative asians as citizens in their country is to make them sit through a video on lesbians, men kissing each other, girls dancing topless... it was meant as a test to see if they could accept all these radicalities of modern society...else they were refused citizenship.....LOLLOLLOL

Edited by qwertyesque - 13 January 2008 at 5:13pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 13 January 2008 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Lolz.. I don't know if Canada or anyone can force people to "uncover" or make someone wear bikini while on the beach. Wink  I mean how would they frame such law ? Law for (not against ok)  unveil, unmask, unclothe, denude, expose, divulge the bulge..LOL I am not sure decent families can make Canada their tourist destination anymore if it did have such law. Wink

Dont be a spoil sport LH.....Angry.. Let that law be  estalished... dewey which part of the country they are starting with... I can plan my long pending vacations accordingly....LOL

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 13 January 2008 at 5:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Dont be a spoil sport LH.....Angry.. Let that law be  estalished... dewey which part of the country they are starting with... I can plan my long pending vacations accordingly....LOL

@LH, I am not sure about complete family , may be wives and children would be sent to middle east and husbands would like to visit CanadaWinkLOLLOL

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 13 January 2008 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

LOL  LOL Qwerty , I did say decent families.Evil Smile LOL. If you decide to go upto Canada during winter months , you are sure to be dissapointed to see everyone covered head to toe. Wink unless you come across a bollywood movie shooting with heroine doing her song and dance routine in a mini skirt in knee deep snow. LOL  

Come to think of it there is such law for Tv vamps and bollywood gals. LOL  So you are good staying put in front of your Tv.

Edited by lighthouse - 13 January 2008 at 5:41pm

rockstallion

Goldie

rockstallion

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:49am | IP Logged

She knew about the rules in middleast, if she was'nt satisfied she should have gone to her country.. thats for the russian lady

and as for culture, I am still thinking whats canadian culture Confused LOL

i think they would need to establish culture before establishing law to follow it.Big smile

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rockstallion

She knew about the rules in middleast, if she was'nt satisfied she should have gone to her country.. thats for the russian lady

and as for culture, I am still thinking whats canadian culture Confused LOL

i think they would need to establish culture before establishing law to follow it.Big smile

LOL LOL It is too late now to establish culture. Cultures everywhere are melting.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top