Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatbuster thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: Maya_M

Again depends on perception😊. To me anyone who passionately disagrees with someone and tries to put down other opinions is judgmental too. They just remind me that how much ever they portray otherwise, being envious is a common trait among all humans and they are vulnerable too.

in fact the reverse is true.😊

by your reasoning, all the opinionated folks throughout history who felt they were good enough to rule over others would be envious of the other guy? dont get that logic.πŸ˜†

and yes, being envious is fairly common i suppose- more so amongst the have-nots, whether thats on the physical level or the emotional one πŸ˜Š

again, there's a difference between attacking an idea and attacking a person, between expressing disagreement on a topic and forming judgments about people. simple basic distinction. but feel free to disagree of course.😊

Originally posted by: chatbuster

in fact the reverse is true.😊

by your reasoning, all the opinionated folks throughout history who felt they were good enough to rule over others would be envious of the other guy? dont get that logic.πŸ˜†

and yes, being envious is fairly common i suppose- more so amongst the have-nots, whether thats on the physical level or the emotional one πŸ˜Š

again, there's a difference between attacking an idea and attacking a person, between expressing disagreement on a topic and forming judgments about people. simple basic distinction. but feel free to disagree of course.😊

I am not responsible if a different logic is inferred of my statement😊. In this thread too there are some views which are trying to compare virtual cheating to various things happening online and in real life thus condoning the jeopardy in relationship and justifying cheating. So I guess all of us have some kind of reasoning to justify another situation which could in reality have no connection to the actual topic.

I am not forcing my opinion on anyone. This is my take on the subject but as you said, let us agree to disagree.

Forgot to add, I concur with the highlighted sentence in your post. But like to add that here too there is high probability of someone misunderstanding and taking the view in wrong way and making it personal.  

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Morning_Dew

During last one and half year, since I've been more active one virtual social world. I found alot many married people some even with children , engaged in flirtation, and exhibiting almost real life emotions towards people. Initially it really was disgusting to me . To  you what is the reason.

Its disgusting to me if I indulge in such things...But I never form my opinions on other people and pass my judgement on them...As humans we all are vulnerable to make mistakes and judging others is hypocracy...Also, a little bit of flirting here and there is fine and acceptable and in fact a part of the deal...When one is spending so many hours with someone, whether its virtual or real- a bond is likely to form and nothing wrong with it really...

What if they find another person , who actually is  close to their idea of soul mate, should they go after that person and leave their spouse?

Are you talking about KANK???πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†..Jokes apart, this shows the fickleness of their mind and such people will not have one but multiple soul mates...Now how many can they go after???πŸ˜†

mermaid_QT thumbnail
cheating online, offline is just a dirty hobby that many seem to suffer from!

we all "see" cheaters.. and "we" don't know they're cheating =)) πŸ˜† some of them are cheating on their spouses with partners less than half their age πŸ˜•
S C U M
Aanandaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

cheating online, offline is just a dirty hobby that many seem to suffer from!

we all "see" cheaters.. and "we" don't know they're cheating =)) πŸ˜† some of them are cheating on their spouses with partners less than half their age πŸ˜•
S C U M

But why do we have to call 'them' names???Isn't it completely their business, unless we are getting affected by it...πŸ˜•..Why can't we just ignore and move on???Why get flustered with such people who we anyway don't approve of ???😊
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: raksha.l

But why do we have to call 'them' names???Isn't it completely their business, unless we are getting affected by it...πŸ˜•..Why can't we just ignore and move on???Why get flustered with such people who we anyway don't approve of ???😊

yepp, it is their business..   unlike nonvegetarianism / religionalism which seems to be everybody's business πŸ˜‰
one more- most / many supporting cheating and being gracious and non-judgemental will have a collection of words for ppl who don't marry and seek a LIVE-IN πŸ˜‰.. 
Live in is also people's business but judgements are passed, rn't they?  simple reason-  things that bother one doesn't bother the other and things that mattter to some don;t matter to others. 
since the poster ased for our views on cheating, I expressed mine..
SCUM BAGS!!  feel sorry for the children they're raising πŸ˜•.. hopefully, their e-lovers don't send lovey dovey e-messages to their children too
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
Aanandaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

yepp, it is their business..   unlike nonvegetarianism / religionalism which seems to be everybody's business πŸ˜‰
one more- most / many supporting cheating and being gracious and non-judgemental will have a collection of words for ppl who don't marry and seek a LIVE-IN πŸ˜‰.. 
Live in is also people's business but judgements are passed, rn't they?  simple reason-  things that bother one doesn't bother the other and things that mattter to some don;t matter to others. 
since the poster ased for our views on cheating, I expressed mine..
SCUM BAGS!!  feel sorry for the children they're raising πŸ˜•.. hopefully, their e-lovers don't send lovey dovey e-messages to their children too

Sure feel free to say whatever you feel like...It was a very friendly suggestion from my end...You seem to have taken offense to it...

As far as 'live-in', ' non-vegetarianism' and 'regionalism' are concerned, we shall discuss them when we get there...

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
The internet has changed society a lot. Virtual communities have changed the concept of social networking. People make friends online, network with people of similar interest and even find romantic interests online. With the advent of games like Second Life people are almost living two lives the real one and the virtual one. Online communities are a source of escapism, being the personality you cannot be, doing things you would not do in real life, letting go of your alter ego. Many different factors trigger different behaviors online.

The question of cheating definitely arises. However, I think there is a much bigger ethical debate that transcends out of this. There are a lot of lines and boundaries that are blurred.

There are several arguments on both sides of the coin. In fact different people draw lines at different places, it is more like a kaleidoscope of perceptions.

On one hand online relationships are just what the name states online. They are not real. A lot of people dismiss online relationships. When it comes to games like Second Life. It's just a game. How can you take it seriously. If you run over cops in GTA, its just a game. So then why cant you do other things in a game that you will not do in real life.

People tend to draw the line when it comes to relationships. Online relationships sometimes do turn real. There are many people who meet online, flirt, engage in cyber sex and eventually marry. The lines between reality and virtuality are blurred. If someone crosses the line online then it is like crossing a line in life too.

Then again where is the line drawn. What constitutes cheating. Is it sex? Are people who enter erotic chat rooms, talk dirty on IM, engage in cyber sex cheating? Is it the emotions? What about online relationships that are platonic and friendly in nature but people find so many thoughts and emotions in common, that they feel they are in love? Or is cheating both? But then again that is just some person online, just a screen name, the relationship is not real? Would masturbating to po*n be cheating? Would fantasizing about celebrities or heroes out of romance novels be cheating?

In my personal opinion it is really impossible to draw a line and define cheating. A person should have a consciousness and question their own actions. What boundaries do they want to set for themselves, what boundary would they expect of their spouse. Would they be embarassed if someone found out. Are they afraid to get caught. If it is cheating, stop and be honest. If you are falling in love with another person - time has come to make honest decisions and choices. What goes on behind closed doors or behind the screen is the other persons prerogative. What effects the relationship of a couple is for the couple to define. Personally, I would be ok with flirting but would draw the line at sex and/or intense emotional attachments.

The virtual world has so many other issues. Suicidal teens. Virtual harassment. People losing real life social skills for online communities. Sexual predators etc.
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
2 things that make "cheating online" a gray area:

1) Identites are hidden: you pretend to be someone else...take on another name, maybe another personality so you might feel that this isnt really me who is cheating...its just a time pass/ game/ pretence...

2) chances of getting caught are low: unless partner really suspects something is wrong and spies on the cheating person...he infact can be doing it at work place/ cyber cafe without anyone actually having an inkling of what he/ she is upto

So it is all about setting boundaries for self like return_to_ hades says...

how far would you go...and how far would you tolerate if you were the wronged party!
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Actuly how someone feel they are cheated!!?? We cant clap with one hand.... 😳 90% peeps want something from online virtual friends, So if anyone have online virtual friends just do normal chat n other things...why expecting the unexpected?! 😳 πŸ˜‰