Debate Mansion

Who is responsible for the New Orlean? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

hetal

IF-Veteran Member

hetal

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:08am | IP Logged
god bless those people...its worse....like the whole city's under water....and not many people have gotten there to help....i was watching CNN....and people are very angry...they are asking where is the help...
there was this man on news crying out and asking for help if anybody have seen his family please let him know....
superdom is all full with people....i think that's the only place where people are safe...safe as no water around...but what happens to them when they come out...their houses, cars..everything is gone....
and like a day before they asked to evacuate the whole state but then why there are so many deaths....?
i think everybody knew it was in category 4..and still no preparation....i dont know what is bush administration is doing....
i think it will take years to rebuild the city...and there are some loses that ever cant be filled...

the gas price is way to high...one of my professor showed us the chart and the current price is making history till the date...now the situation is that there is no gas at most of the gas station...i even couldnt find premium...Bush is just saying dont buy gas if you dont need to....but hello..this is long weekend-laborday....people travel..they need gas..
i think the best thing to do form our side is pray and do help the local organization who are trying to help the people in new orleans...just voluntaer to help in any ways...
God bless them...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who is responsible for the New Orlean? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jprasad

IF-Rockerz

jprasad

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Nish, wonderful topic you raised and excellent points. First off, I want to offer my sympathies and condolences to the people of Louisiana. Those people have been devastated.

Mauritian, also excellent, excellent, excellent! I wholly agree that we are really starting to see a change in our weather patterns as a result of the damage to the ozone layer. I actually think the severe storms and floods are combination of the tsunami and global warming...but that is just what I think. The biggest concern about global warming is what is it going to take for us to take notice? I keep thinking about the children I don't even have...where will they play...on landfill...radio active land? The strongest sunscreen only lasts 50 minutes, so I have the extra task of making sure they are covered with sunscreen while they are out playing.

Then I wonder what does one do to help the disparities and the social injustice that comes into focus when disaster like this occur? It was just on TV that when a "white" person goes into a store and takes food, "they have found food" When a "black" person goes into that same store, "they looted." Discrimation still runs high in the mid US, but of course we never get to know that...another fact that a lot of people don't know is that the Central States in the US had the highest amount of Bush Supporters. Hmmm...where is your Bush now?

Secondly, we are wondering why those people didn't know better? If I know an earthquake is about to hit California, you better believe that I will hop on that plane and get the F out of here. If you are the president of the United States you have the means to get out. If you are Joe Blow living in a trashed mobile home, first off you may not have any idea of what is going and secondly you don't have the means to get out and no one is going to help you, because we have to go Iraq and protect our freedom...I wish George Bush's mommy would have been a better mother and told him to make sure to put aside some money for a rainy day.

Everyone knows the president of the United States suffers from slow reaction. On 9/11 he had no idea what to do so he hung out till he was told what to do and the same happened in this situation. His Texas ranch is his sanctuary...I wonder if he will house all of us there in the next natural disaster. I know and understand that we cannot depend on any government, but we need government to keep us in place so that is that. However, don't be under the perception that the government will be helping us. We need to help ourselves and work as a community to make sure that in cases of emergencies, we are prepared.

Earlier this year, a level 3 or 4 hurricane was all set to hit Louisiana, but somehow it changed its course and just brushed through Florida. Shouldn't Louisiana have taken heed to this warning about being prepared? In a perfect world, there would be no disasters...but then again we wouldn't have to rely on government either to keep us in place.

Now the US government is fast moving our resources out of the US and into other countries...the main country being Iraq. Guess what folks, the US is in the process of sending more troops out to Iraq, why? I thought we would have the situation under control by now. We were trying to show our military strength, but the opposite is happening. Now countries neighboring Iraq are starting to see that hey dispite the US being all mighty and strong is not able to handle this country. Not a good message. That is why the US is so adamantly trying to bring Iraq to the world of democracy. Who is paying for it? The U.S. citizens are. The amount of money that is being spent in Iraq could have been easily used here to help us prepare for this catastrophe....but kaun kisko samjhe?

I babbled on for tooo long, I had to too many thoughts about this so I apologize.     Ouch

jprasad

IF-Rockerz

jprasad

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:20am | IP Logged
LOL   Smisha, that sums up our president! LOL

vvrsun

vvrsun

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:34am | IP Logged
It's a terrible tragedy, the likes of which we see every monsoon in India.

Read this:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/nagin.transcript/index.html

sukh

IF-Rockerz

sukh

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:36am | IP Logged
agree wid all of u First off, I want to offer my sympathies and condolences to the people of Louisiana & all there . Those people have been devastated.

seeing all those pics on tv was reeli a painful sitght!
God Bless them all !! i,m feeling really sad for them. when u see those kids without food or anything. i don,t know wyhat to say. its really hurts me. we need to pray to god for all of the people suffing there. plz god help thses peole. plz protect them. i feel so sorry that what they r going thru right now. god bless them.
n bout bush.....! its better if i dont get strtd on him here......

xSaiyaara

IF-Rockerz

xSaiyaara

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:37am | IP Logged
its a terrible disaster

primrose1980

primrose1980

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Obviously bush administration lacks lot! The other reason is society division which becomes apparent in these circumstances. 57% of new orleans are blacks! so there you go. get the answer!
If it were a state like texas or sth. where whites are majority. this would never happen!
Primrose
Matrimonialprofile.com

primrose1980

primrose1980

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Also I am surprised the whole world is linking to new orleans! what about stampede in Iraq? I feel sorry for them too !Its shame that first the war killed them ( still is hell anyway!) and now stampede.. !
Such is life...!
Primrose
At matrimonialprofile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top