Debate Mansion

Who is responsible for the New Orlean? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

Lady In Pink

IF-Veteran Member

Lady In Pink

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 3:17am | IP Logged
i agree wid all of u
seeing all those pics on tv was reeli a painful sitght!
God Bless them all !!
n bout bush.....! Angry its better if i dont get strtd on him here......

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who is responsible for the New Orlean? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rumi

Goldie

Rumi

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 4:26am | IP Logged
i feel terribly sorry for the people who are suffering from this disaster.hope they come back to their normal lives soon. Ouch

sapana2005

Goldie

sapana2005

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 7:21am | IP Logged
I agree with u nish1. This is a major disater and when I see the news I get more and more mad that these people are suffering right here in the United States in such a way. Whenever any newsperson questions any government official about why they were not prepared for dealing with the aftermath of Katrina they just don't answer the question(what are they going to say now, that they screwed up big time!). The common people are sufferin because the government was not prepared. They are stuck in very unsanitary and dangerous places with no food, water etc and are totally frustrated. There is looting going on and girls/ladies are getting raped because of no security. It really feels as if the pictures that we are seeing are not from the US but from some other country. I think this government has been very unlucky for the US. First it was September 11, then the economy got screwed up big time and now after Bush's reelection this catastrophe and te gas prices. Now I have to htink twice before even going to the grocery store or the mall.

I hope and pray that the victims find some solace and things get better for them soon.

Looneytunes, other countries did offer help to the US. From what I saw on CNN countries that offered help were UK(ofcourse it has to), China, Isreal, Japan etc. I don't know if India offered any help. Even if it did they will never mention India's name.

memsaab

IF-Rockerz

memsaab

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 8:03am | IP Logged
well sweety.. they are so up in front for so called help to other countries.. and look at themselves. Well, I did not vote at all but .. are they trying to prove Ghar Ki Murgi Daal Barobar..

I usually do not check the price of the gas as when I need it I need it, but when I checked the receipt..I was SHOCKED!! and I re-checked if my gas tank now takes more gas.. :)

Mauritian

Goldie

Mauritian

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 8:50am | IP Logged

you have been commenting on the response factor given by mr. president and his administration which should definitely been swifter given that they had all the warning and it wasn't something unexpected like the tsunamis happeneing to south east asia....

but it does not stop there. during the last two years the US has been battered by hurricanes at this time of the year which i believe is the season when they can be expected. there have been unexpected floods all over the place including mumbai and switzerland... in the southern hemisphere where i am, the winter has been uncommonly severe this year...

to any regular scientists these are early symptoms of global warming. if nothing is done these conditions (i.e. change in the world weather pattern) are to be expected on regular basis all over the world. and what is the reason why nothing is getting done between one summit to the next??? the US policy. they just don't believe that it is happening. maybe they will be slowly brought about to correct their opinion.

but only when so many people have died???

god knows that there is no magic formula and things will not get solved in a day. but atlest they should colaborate and get started on working out the solutions.

agarwalr

agarwalr

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Hi Nisha,

The government of America is not doing enough. I don't understand when something happend internationally they are always there to help but somehow they can not deal the situation here. The America I used to know thirty years back is not same. You are right who vote for him!

meghavi

IF-Veteran Member

meghavi

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 10:21am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sai14

Everyone knew that if a hurricane hits Neworleans, it's going to be a DISASTER. Cause neworelans was never supposed to be there. It was a place for natural habitat. and this hurrican was category 4 for christs sake. So neworleans, category 4, this should ring some bells in the most dumb guy's mind. THe government should have put everythign in stock. Water,food cause we all knew hurricane katrina is going to bombard Neworleans. They were just sitting idle doing nothing and now say this hurricane is a big one.

The gas prices. OMG. Well i guess this is what we got when we re-elect people who are from the energy company. Bush and cheney want their energy companies to profit even at the expense of the american public being killed by these prices. What is this? We are rethinking whether to travel by car cause the prices are sky rocketing?

Totally agree with you Sai and Nisha.  It is sad, cuz if this happens in a Contury like America, and nothing is being done about it..its ridiculous, not sad...would be understandable if this happened in Iraq..or places like that..cuz those country has lots of poverty going on.  America is a free nation..I mean..like Sai said..its a country which use to always help others..but wht now..y isn't Bush doing anything now...y wasn't he prepared??

Exactly..whn he knew it was Category 4..he should have been prepared.

And even the gas price here...its been so expensive this week and last week..and like sonynyu said..whts that gonna do??..Right now the major thing is to save New Orleans.. God bless those ppls..and Sai I hope ur friend is ok.

anitha.b

IF-Dazzler

anitha.b

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Very well said Sai and Nisha. Wish people would be sensitive atleast during the time of crisis. How can they be so ignorant and arrogant? People are selected for a reason and when they don't fulfill any of their duties well, why do they even care to come in. I wish their was a way to kick these people out of the planet..

Here is a little piece of mail I received this morning and thought was humourous...wanted to share..

>VIRULENT DISEASE
>
>Warning from the Centers for Disease Control
>
>THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL has issued a no-nonsense warning about a new,
>highly virulent strain of sexually transmitted disease. This disease is
>contracted through dangerous and high risk behavior. The disease is called
>Gonorrhea Lectim (pronounced "gonna re-elect him"). Many victims have
>contracted it after having been screwed for the past 4 years, in spite of
>having taken measures to protect themselves from this especially insidious
>ailment.
>
>Cognitive sequellae of individuals infected with Gonorrhea Lectim include,
>but are not limited to:
>
>. anti-social personality disorder traits;
>. delusions of grandeur with a distinct messianic flavor;
>. chronic mangling of the English language;
>. extreme cognitive dissonance;
>. inability to comprehend or interpret new information;
>. pronounced xenophobia and homophobia;
>. inability to accept responsibility for actions;
>. exceptional cowardice masked by acts of misplaced bravado;
>. uncontrolled facial smirking;
>. total ignorance of geography and history;
>. tendencies toward creating evangelical theocracies; and
>. a strong propensity for categorical, all-or-nothing behavior.
>
>The disease is sweeping Washington. Naturalists and epidemiologists are
>amazed and baffled that this malignant disease originated only a few years
>ago in the bush country of Texas.
>

and I wish and pray for people in New orleans and all those affected by katrina.

Edited by smisha - 02 September 2005 at 10:30am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top