Debate Mansion

Who is responsible for the New Orlean? - Page 3

sukh thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
agree wid all of u First off, I want to offer my sympathies and condolences to the people of Louisiana & all there . Those people have been devastated.

seeing all those pics on tv was reeli a painful sitght!
God Bless them all !! i,m feeling really sad for them. when u see those kids without food or anything. i don,t know wyhat to say. its really hurts me. we need to pray to god for all of the people suffing there. plz god help thses peole. plz protect them. i feel so sorry that what they r going thru right now. god bless them.
n bout bush.....! its better if i dont get strtd on him here......

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

primrose1980 thumbnail
Obviously bush administration lacks lot! The other reason is society division which becomes apparent in these circumstances. 57% of new orleans are blacks! so there you go. get the answer!
If it were a state like texas or sth. where whites are majority. this would never happen!
Primrose
Matrimonialprofile.com
primrose1980 thumbnail
Also I am surprised the whole world is linking to new orleans! what about stampede in Iraq? I feel sorry for them too !Its shame that first the war killed them ( still is hell anyway!) and now stampede.. !
Such is life...!
Primrose
At matrimonialprofile
primrose1980 thumbnail
Also I was hopping to other news, and today is beslan's anniversary.. does anyone remeber that? Exactly one year before on 1st sept atleat 330 school kids + teachers were killed by gorrilas (russian) .
I looked at slide show pics of those! was horrible.
so much worse is happening everywhere! start from the USA to UK to Iraq, to Israel.. !
We are lucky chaps.. sitting at home .. workign on internet. and discussing!
no certainity for tomorrow
Primrose
At matrimonialprofile
primrose1980 thumbnail
that is why i started matrimonial business. Atleast can help people at some level:)
Primrose
At matrimonialprofile
sportsguy131 thumbnail
hey gugs i agree with u people that is the one of major disaters in a long time that United States has encountered. i mean why isn't there suffiencent supply of food, water and other necessities being sent over to New Orleans. What did the Bush administration do in order to prepare for this disaster.. hmmm nothing?.... I mean common people are dying without food and the water and some of the water is contaminated because most of the water is mixed with the sewage drain. so people cannot drink the water in New Orleans...

I just think that re-electing Bush was the worst decision that the United States made.. because he is spending more than 300 billion dollars in Iraq. President Bush has achieved nothing... i mean nothing in Iraq.. He didn't find any weapons of mass destruction.. so why the hell is he sending more troops to Iraq.. President Bush made the troops fought the war against Iraq and now he is making the country better.. what the hell is going through Bush's mind... I mean instead of wasting all those money in Iraq... He could've have used for other purposes like the Hurricane Katrina... and maybe lowering the gas prices?...
Also why our troops still in Iraq... THey need to be brought home.. What is BUsh doing.. by just keeping them in Iraq.. He wants them there to keep stability in the country... why can't he let the Iraq police do that....He could've used that military in keeping stability in the hurricane katrina...

sry people if i said something.. but i just had to get that out of my mind...
linkin thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
i no when the tsunami struck the goverment waz 1 of the fst to help but now 😡 they have got all their money and time in iraq kinning ppl
Proud-Indian thumbnail
I cried while watching the TV. I am very much disturbed. It may be noted that Tsunami had effects far and beyond and any small thing in nature is a catostope. When nature and fate goes against you, even a country like US which is technologically ahead, can not do anything. New Orleans is known to be vulnerable, Katrina was also known, then why there was no emergency declared? But the governor was telling that he begged people to vacate the place, but they did not.

But, I fail to understand one thing, why the govt is not thinking about the possibility of helping these people with food, medicine and safety logically. Only helicopters are not the source for food and medicine delivery. The buses that come there can bring loads of food and medicine from all the pharmacies and malls and groceries out there and pick up the maximum number of people (first ladies and children and severely sick - they are more vulnerable to hardship and crime attacks) from there to the out skirts and deposit them at various places (every high way has a rest area) to reduce the mob and mob attack in one place. You need not have to be sent to Texas Astrodome only. Only the sick can be taken to designated hospitals along the way to Texas and treat them there. Have we not seen jam packed buses/rickshaws in India? Have we not seen people in trucks in India? I see that only few people are seen in the bus that came to Texas. Now, there is no necessity for comfort in travelling, but go to safe places. The business should donate liberally now in terms of food and medicine. If you see the captions, they were looting for food and clothes. They are hungry and desperate. They are bound to get access to what available. First settle them down with food and medicine, then tent shelter can be built in few days. People's donation from far and near will also come, but it takes time to reach the people there.

Politics is definitely there, as to why the relief is not rushed to these people in time. I hate politics. Humanity comes first and then anything else.
Morgoth thumbnail

Excellent points raised by everyone! Smish, that mail was hilarious; I'm going to send it to my friends as well.

I pray that help reaches the unfortunate civilians in New Orleans!

Mr. Bush, I have only one message for you:

kindly rake the leaves of your own garden instead of getting hot and bothered about Saddam leaving on the sprinklers in his! 🤢

Edited by MysticaMagic - 18 years ago
~*puja*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Firstly, I want to give my condolenses and greatest sympathies to the family that were hurt and devasted by Katarina, my prayers are with them.

I have to agree with what everyone has said. The answer to the question of who is responsible for the horrible conditions to the aftermath is the Bush Adminstration. Bush, himself, i think is partly to blame. It basically starts with him refusing to sign the Kyoto Treaty which would help stop global warming. If he would have signed it, the amount of emissions of from U.S industrial factories that affect global warming would have decreased, but since he didn't, the conditions were created for a hurricane at Katarina's magnaitude to affect largely populated areas. In the past, hurricanes like Katarina were very rare, but now hurricanes like Katarina are happening one after another like last year in Florida, which was affected by 4 hurricane one after the other. This is a major reason that many European countries are refusing to help Bush.
Another thing is that the hurricane wasn't a major priority for Bush, when he was addressing the nation yesterday, the first thing he started with was the high gas prices and why they were so high, and what he is doing to get the prices down, then he started talking about the conditions in New Orleans and what steps are going to take place to help leviate the suffering. He was promising so many things, but then today when i was watching the morning news, pictures from New Orleans were horrible. I had tears in my eyes when i saw the conditions that thousands of refugees that were stranded in the convention center, many of the elderly people were show either dying or already dead, the bathrooms were backed up and trashed and there was no food or clean water. And they were promised to be moved to a better and safer location within a couple of hours and they are still there 2 days later.
I wish i could do something to help, but all that i can do is donate money to charaites and pray that they receive it and it goes to good use... but awarness is also important, with more people aware and understand the situation, they can pressure the government to take the steps to it needs to take in the first place...

Sorry i just talked on and on, but i think this is the best way to get my frustration out, thanks for "listening"!