--Bachchans Fan Club!!-- (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 150

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Big B land case may be referred to SC
LUCKNOW: It could yet prove a short respite for Amitabh Bachchan in Bara Banki land scam.

Uttar Pradesh government is in no mood to let the mega-star off the hook as hectic efforts are on to complete procedural formalities for the government to take the battle to Supreme Court by month-end.

The motive is to seek setting aside of the blanket ban on prosecution of the actor imposed by the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court. "This will be followed with investigations to identify the culprit behind fudging of records in gramsabha registers," a government source said.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "--Bachchans Fan Club!!-- (Page 6)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fan_of_Big_B

An ode to Amitabh

Amitabh Bachchan

Indore: An Amitabh Bachchan fan has penned a Sanskrit poem on a 101-metre-long scroll of paper as an invocation to the Bollywood actor whom he treats as a "God".

The poem covers the journey from 'Saat Hindustani' to Ram Gopal Varma's 'Aag' and the "ups and downs" encountered by the millennium star along the way.

"Amitabh is my God and I am his pujari. Whenever I land in any trouble, I always remember him to get out of it," Jitendra Shivhare claims.

Shivhare, who has titled the creation 'Bachchan Mahakavya', is currently pursuing a BA in Sanskrit from Devi Ahilyabai Vishwa Vidyalaya here.

awesome..that's cool.

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fan_of_Big_B

Bachchans to build girls school in name of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
The Bachchans have decided to build a new school for underprivilged girls in the Daulatpur village in Uttar Pradesh.

The girls school, which was being planned for some time had its construction held up due to contention over land certificates. The construction is about to launch and will be named after Amitabh Bachchan's daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. She is expected to set the foundational brick on its behalf on January 27th.

CEO of Reliance ADAG Group, Anil Ambani, as well as others also will be contributing towards its development.

Uttar Pradesh has male literacy rate approaching 69% whereas the female literacy rate is close to 42% only.

wow..that's a nice cause!!

-De.De-

IF-Sizzlerz

-De.De-

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 1:45am | IP Logged

Hey guyz..sorry for late coming, but really busy...Congratulations every1 on FC #17 Clap
Speical Thanx to Uma and Mike for thier hard Work to keep this FC rocking as always Big smile Big smile

3 cheers for Mike and Uma Big smile
HIP HIP HOORAY
HIP HIP HOORAY

HIP HIP HOORAY Big smile Big smile Big smile

I'll be back with new game soon Big smile

Edited by Day_Dreamer - 16 January 2008 at 1:46am

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Day_Dreamer

Hey guyz..sorry for late coming, but really busy...Congratulations every1 on FC #17 Clap
Speical Thanx to Uma and Mike for thier hard Work to keep this FC rocking as always Big smile Big smile

3 cheers for Mike and Uma Big smile
HIP HIP HOORAY
HIP HIP HOORAY

HIP HIP HOORAY Big smile Big smile Big smile

I'll be back with new game soon Big smile

glad to see you Big smile

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Eklavya fails to make it to Oscars

Posted at Wednesday, 16 January 2008 13:01 IST New York, Jan 16: Vidhu Vinod Chopra's 'Eklavya, The Royal Guard', India's controversy-marred entry to the Oscars, has failed to make it to the nine top movies in contention for the prestigious award in foreign-language film category.

The Amitabh Bachchan-starrer was among 63 entries from various countries but could not make it to the first shortlist.

In the running for the five final nominations are Austria's 'The Counterfeiters', Canada's 'Days of Darkness', Israel's 'Beaufort', Italy's 'The Unknown Woman', Kazakhstan's 'Mongol', Poland's 'Katyn', Russia's '12', Brazil's 'The Year My Parents Went on Vacation', and Serbia's 'The Trap.' The movie, which also stars Saif Ali Khan, Sharmila Tagore, Sanjay Dutt, Vidya Balan and Jackie Shroff, marked Chopra's return to directing after seven years. His two other films 'Parinda' (1989) and a documentary 'An encounter with faces' (1980) were also sent to the Oscars.

After the movie was chosen as India's official entry to the Oscars, director Bhavna Talwar filed a petition claiming that the 11-member jury had taken a "biased" decision as some of the panelists had close ties to Chopra.

Talwar's own film 'Dharm' was passed over for 'Eklavya' and a verbal spat followed between Chopra and those opposing his movie which had failed to register with Indian audience.

The Bombay High Court sought a response from the Film Federation of India on the issue. Following the controversy, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences had asked the FFI to withdraw or confirm the entry.

However, when the FFI remained firm on 'Eklavya' as its choice, Talwar told the court that she wanted to withdrew her complaint as the deadline for submitting the entry had ended.

The award ceremony will be held on Feb 24.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 7:00am | IP Logged

Big B didn't let me touch feet

By Subhash K Jha

The bonding between Bangla auteur Rituparno Ghosh and national icon Amitabh Bachchan in Kolkata on the sets of The Last Lear is now fodder for instant folklore.

So amused and exasperated was the Big B by Ritu's physical makeover that he constantly ribbed the director about it.

Fondly recalling the experience of working with what the director considers to be greatest entertainer in showbiz, Ritu says, "Amitda wouldn't let me hear the end of my physical change.

You see, I've lost twelve kgs and I've shaved my head. Amitda nicknamed me 'Adolf' and insisted on holding on to a mock-mood of terror on the sets.

It was hilarious because my entire unit would suppress their giggles when that Bachchan baritone would boom across the set, 'Adolf, I'm so scared of you.'

What the creative artiste in Ritu discovered about the Big B is his unparalleled commitment to the craft.

"Amitda can hold to a particular emotion for as long as he wants. We had to do an abnormal mood one day. Not only did he adopt a particular accent on camera he held on that accent even off camera throughout the day."

What unsettled Ritu was the Big B's undemonstrative demeanour. "He's very embarrassed by all show of emotions, in himself and others. I was shooting a scene where he had to take off his shoes.

I instinctively came forward to do so, as I always do to get the physicality of my actors in place. But he sprang up and said he'd do it himself.

'Why, Amitda, what's wrong if I do it?' I protested. 'No, you'll steal my shoes,' he joked. Amitda has internalized all his emotions. You won't catch him off-guard."

On the last day of shooting with the Big B, Ritu brought his old and frail father on the set. "Amitda didn't say a word. But I could see him observing my interaction with my father. Somewhere he stores away all his experiences and perhaps thinks about them in solitude."

Ritu has got his perfect actor in the Big B. "Did I earlier say I'd like to make a dozen films with him? After completing my work with him I want him to be in every film that I make. And I promise you I won't misuse his presence."

dreamgrl

IF-Rockerz

dreamgrl

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:31am | IP Logged

hey all!

Aishwarya Rai

Edited by dreamgrl - 16 January 2008 at 9:41am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top