believe in doing things underhand," informs Sircar as he prepares to start

shooting his yet untitled film by the end of January. Only one hitch. Where is

the leading lady? "We're looking at a few names. Apart from Mr. Bachchan,

we have Diya Mirza in a key role. As for the leading lady we need to take a

call right away," says Sircar.

Though he refuses to speak about it, the fact of the matter is that after Tabu

exeunted from the script, several names were being considered. Apparently,

UTV have zeroed in on Shefali Shah and Sarika as the two strongest

contenders for the coveted part opposite Big B. Interestingly this isn't the only

UTV film on the anvil about a 50-plus couple re-discovering love. Mithun

Chakraborty and Dimple Kapadia play one more such couple in UTV's Phir

Kabhi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "--Bachchans Fan Club!!-- (Page 5)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 13 January 2008 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
An ode to Amitabh

Amitabh Bachchan

Indore: An Amitabh Bachchan fan has penned a Sanskrit poem on a 101-metre-long scroll of paper as an invocation to the Bollywood actor whom he treats as a "God".

The poem covers the journey from 'Saat Hindustani' to Ram Gopal Varma's 'Aag' and the "ups and downs" encountered by the millennium star along the way.

"Amitabh is my God and I am his pujari. Whenever I land in any trouble, I always remember him to get out of it," Jitendra Shivhare claims.

Shivhare, who has titled the creation 'Bachchan Mahakavya', is currently pursuing a BA in Sanskrit from Devi Ahilyabai Vishwa Vidyalaya here.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 13 January 2008 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Shefali, Sarika - who will Amitabh romance in Sircar's film?
Director Soojit Sircar of "Yahaan" fame is looking for a suitable actress to play Amitabh Bachchan's love interest in his untitled venture to be produced by UTV, one of the most prestigious productions houses in Bollywood.

After "Cheeni Kum", one would have expected the filmmaker to bring the Amitabh Bachchan-Tabu pair together. And so it was, when Shoojit Sircar decided to make a film about a 50-plus couple, who discover togetherness and love. But Tabu reportedly dropped out.

Interestingly, the script written by Renzel d'Silva of "Rang De Basanti fame" is inspired by a concept from a Hollywood film.

"That Hollywood film is yet to be made. But my producer, UTV, has decided to acquire proper copyrights anyway. When we told Amitabh Bachchan about the subject, he also approved of getting the proper right from Bollywood. We don't believe in doing things underhand," Sircar told IANS.

He will begin shooting his yet untitled film by the end of January but hasn't finalised the leading lady yet.

"We're looking at a few names. Apart from Amitabh Bachchan, it features Diya Mirza in a key role. As for the leading lady, we need to take a call right away," said Sircar.

Though he refuses to speak about it, the fact of the matter is that after Tabu dropped out of the script, several names were being considered.

Apparently, UTV has zeroed in on Shefali Shah and Sarika as the two strongest contenders for the coveted part opposite the Big B.

UTV seems to be hooked to 50 plus love stories. The other such UTV film on the anvil about a 50-plus couple re-discovering love is called "Phir Kabhi".

Mithun Chakraborty and Dimple Kapadia play a couple in the movie.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 13 January 2008 at 1:27pm | IP Logged

Queen B

Aishwarya Rai
   Jodhaa Akbar will be your first release after you got married. How important is the film for you?

Jodhaa Akbar had been in the making, before my wedding, during my wedding and even after my wedding. So in a way it has covered it all. I cannot claim whether it has made any specific difference but it has definitely made a very special place in my heart. It has been a wonderful experience working with director Ashutosh Gowarikar and Hrithik Roshan again after Dhoom 2.

How much did you research for the role?

It is not important how much research as you do what your director wants. I have portrayed my character exactly the way Ashu wanted me to. It's his perspective all the way. He had already researched deeply and worked on my character before I started shooting. So, I was given a readymade character sketch about Jodhaa's personality, mannerisms and body language. The role of Jodhaa is very dear to me and I have stayed true to the script.

What were the challenges that you faced while doing the film?

My role in Jodhaa Akbar involved a lot of costume changes. So you can imagine how much pressure one undergoes because of that. But, I had to sit patiently in front of the camera and not let my stress show while I was on the sets. It is said that women from the royal families in that era dressed up elaborately every morning and stayed behind curtains throughout the day. I feel glad that I am born at a time where I can enjoy more liberties as a woman. But it has been one of the most tiring experiences playing the role of the queen as we are so used to living liberally today.

Reportedly, a few of your scenes had to be morphed because you couldn't give the right expressions during the battle sequences?

There have been so many stories about the film floating around, but I had been so busy that I didn't have time to see and clarify each one of them. Before I agreed to do this film, Ashu had asked me if I knew horse riding or sword fighting. I told him I had done a little of all that while shooting for The Last Legion but had not been trained professionally for it. For Jodhaa Akbar, I didn't get enough time to train as I was busy traveling or shooting one film after another.

But yes, I took to sword fighting like fish to water and thoroughly enjoyed it. I really enjoy doing action. For the horse riding sequence, I went an hour before the shoot to get familiar with the horse. I wasn't scared of the horse but it's always good to be a bit careful. Now I feel I should get trained formally in all this. As far as morphing is concerned, Ashu will be the best person to answer it as he is the film's director.

Hrithik and Aishwarya in a still from Jodhaa Akbar
   Did you undergo any special physical training to fit the bill?

Jodhaa's character doesn't require a body that needs rigorous gym training. It was not a Dhoom 2. Also, no special efforts were made in terms of my looks. But yes, I enjoyed playing the character because it was different. As I had already played a lot of Indian characters, I started working out on how different I could look in Jodhaa Akbar, which is already so rich visually. That's when we decided to go a little easy on Jodhaa's costumes and accessories. The interesting part was that I had to look rich but simple at the same time. Also, my look had to do justice to the character. 

The chemistry between you and Hrithik in Dhoom 2 almost resulted in a controversy. And it only gets better with Jodhaa Akbar.

The chemistry you see between Hrithik and me in Jodhaa Akbar will be exactly what Ashu wanted out of the two characters we are portraying. Nothing more should be made out of it.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Amitabh, Diya's corporate project in Shimla, Manali

View Cheeni Kum Movie Stills

View Cheeni Kum Movie Stills

We have been getting very scratchy details about megastar Amitabh Bachchan's next major project, featuring Diya Mirza and a senior actress. No one seems to know what exactly is happening, but as always we are there with the actual picture, as of this moment.

As is known, one of India's major corporate houses is all set to produce a film about an old couple who rediscover love. The project features Amitabh Bachchan, Diya Mirza and as per our sources, Dimple Kapadia. The makers wanted to repeat the CHEENI KUM pair of Amitabh and Tabu, but the choosy actress has supposedly refused the role and ageless beauty Dimple Kapadia has stepped into Tabu's shoes.

As per our Himachal Pradesh based sources, the film is all set to go on the floors, later this month in Kullu-Manali. Some important portions will also be shot in the state capital, Shimla.

The local coordinator, Anil Kayastha, confirms that Amitabh and the rest of the cast members will be arriving in Manali, later this month. However, on the instructions of the makers, Anil refuses to confirm or contradict the name of the makers, though its obvious to all and sundry, who they are!

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Amitabh BachchanSanskrit poem by fan invokes Amitabh Bachchan
14th Jan 2008  09.00 IST
By Agencies  

An Amitabh Bachchan fan has penned a Sanskrit poem on a 101-metre-long scroll of paper as an invocation to the Bollywood superstar whom he treats as a "God".

The poem covers the journey from 'Saat Hindustani' to Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag and the "ups and downs" encountered by the millennium star along the way.

"Amitabh is my God and I am his priest. Whenever I land in any trouble, I always remember him to get out of it," Jitendra Shivhare claims.

'Shivhare', who has titled the creation 'Bachchan Mahakavya', is currently pursuing a BA in Sanskrit from Devi Ahilyabai Vishwa Vidyalaya in Indore.

Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh government is in no mood to let the mega-star off the hook as hectic efforts are on to complete procedural formalities for the government to take the battle to Supreme Court by month-end.

The motive is to seek setting aside of the blanket ban on prosecution of Bachchan imposed by the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court.

"This will be followed with investigations to identify the culprit behind fudging of records in gramsabha registers," a government source said.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Bachchans to build girls school in name of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
The Bachchans have decided to build a new school for underprivilged girls in the Daulatpur village in Uttar Pradesh.

The girls school, which was being planned for some time had its construction held up due to contention over land certificates. The construction is about to launch and will be named after Amitabh Bachchan's daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. She is expected to set the foundational brick on its behalf on January 27th.

CEO of Reliance ADAG Group, Anil Ambani, as well as others also will be contributing towards its development.

Uttar Pradesh has male literacy rate approaching 69% whereas the female literacy rate is close to 42% only.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:45am | IP Logged
Amitabh BachchanBig B's film still without a heroine
14th Jan 2008  19.44 IST
By ApunKaChoice  

Production house UTV is looking for an actress to be paired with Amitabh Bachchan in an upcoming project.

The movie, to be directed by Shoojit Sircar (of Yahaan fame), was initially supposed to have Tabu in the lead role opposite Big B. But the actress has opted out of the project for reasons undisclosed.

Now, the director is in a fix. He needs to rope in a heroine for Big B soon.

UTV has finalized a few names, among which the most prominent are those of Sarika and Shefali Shah .

Sources say there is a strong chance that Sarika will get the role.

Sircar was previously supposed to make a film called Johnny Walker with Amitabh and Tabu for Percept Pictures Company. However, the project was shelved because of creative differences.

Now PPC claims that Sircar is making the same film under different title for UTV. But Sircar says the story of his film is inspired from a Hollywood flick and the production house is even looking forward to buy the rights of the film from Hollywood producers.

The script of Sircar's film is written by Renzil D Silva. The film is a mature love story between a couple in their 50s.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top