fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 11:37am | IP Logged
thx for next fc Big smile
fan_of_Big_B IF-Rockerz
fan_of_Big_B
fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 12 January 2008 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Can't step into Big B's shoes, says Anil Kapoor
Actor Anil Kapoor has opted out of a project that was initially supposed to have Amitabh Bachchan .

Just a few weeks back, we reported about Amitabh's film Johnny Walker being in a production mess. Percept Picture Company was originally supposed to make the film with Big B in lead role and Shoojit Sircar as director. But Sircar and Mr. Bachchan dissociated themselves from the project after some creative differences with PPC's joint MD Shailendra Singh.

Sircar in turn has decided to make the film under another production house, UTV. In retaliation, Singh of PPC had asked Anil Kapoor to replace Big B in his film. He had also approached directors Madhur Bhandarkar and Nagesh Kukunoor to direct the film.

But now we learn that Kapoor has opted out of the project because he does not want to create any controversy by being part of the film that was originally to be done by Mr. Bachchan.

Kapoor had a meeting with Shailendra Singh of PPC a few days back and the actor expressed his apprehension on being part of the project.

"I don't want to be part of the film which Mr. Bachchan was supposed to do. I don't feel right about it. I am too small an actor to be a part of something that that Mr. Bachchan was supposed to do," Anil Kapoor is quoted by Mumbai Mirror.

Understanding the delicacy of the situation, even Shailendra Singh has dropped the project for the time being.
fan_of_Big_B IF-Rockerz
fan_of_Big_B
fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 12 January 2008 at 6:27am | IP Logged

Amitabh Bachchan starrer needs a 50 plus heroine

After Cheeni Kum you would have expected another enterprising filmmaker to bring the glorious Bachchan-Tabu pair together. And so it was, when Shoojit Sircar of Yahaan fame decided to make a film about a 50-plus couple who discover togetherness and love. Interestingly the script written by Renzel D'Silva of Rang De Basanti fame is inspired by a concept from a Hollywood film.

"That Hollywood film is yet to be made. But my producers UTV decided to acquire proper copyrights anyway. When we told Mr. Bachchan about the subject, he too approved of getting the proper right from Bollywood. We don't believe in doing things underhand," informs Sircar as he prepares to start shooting his yet untitled film by the end of January. Only one hitch. Where is the leading lady? "We're looking at a few names. Apart from Mr. Bachchan, we have Diya Mirza in a key role. As for the leading lady we need to take a call right away," says Sircar.

Though he refuses to speak about it, the fact of the matter is that after Tabu exeunted from the script, several names were being considered. Apparently, UTV have zeroed in on Shefali Shah and Sarika as the two strongest contenders for the coveted part opposite Big B. Interestingly this isn't the only UTV film on the anvil about a 50-plus couple re-discovering love. Mithun Chakraborty and Dimple Kapadia play one more such couple in UTV's Phir Kabhi.

fan_of_Big_B IF-Rockerz
fan_of_Big_B
fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 12 January 2008 at 6:29am | IP Logged
Abhiash: 2008 Glam Couple

Who else could it have been? The choice, would have been tough, but this year, of course, it could have been none other than Abhiash – the year belonged to them!

The Bachchans, still in a happy after-honeymoon flush, graciously accepted the award and were excited about it.

The criteria for choosing the winning couple was an evolved one – glamour and style quotient was paramount; the couple had to have made waves this year and be the popular choice as well!

Upon receiving the award, while Ash tried modesty, "It's the perception of you all that has accorded us this status...", Abhishek sounded much like Big B when he said, " Iss award ke zariya hum jitney bhi chahane wale fans hain, unko dhanyavad kehna chahenge. .."

Last year this time, the Bachchans were not even in the running for this category, but now they seem determined to hang onto it, maybe even next year!

The Zoom Glam Awards 2008 is the culmination of one year of observation, using a high-glam yardstick. The high-glam, lifestyle-based awards were given away at a scintillating ceremony to celebrate the performance and success mantra of 2008 on January 8.
fan_of_Big_B IF-Rockerz
fan_of_Big_B
fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 12 January 2008 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Ash on life after marrige!
Looking gorgeous as ever, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan reflects the same elegance and charm as her character Jodhaa in Ashutosh Gowariker's Jodhaa Akbar.

The extended honeymoon with hubby Abhishek Bachchan seems to have added an extra glow to that already stunning smile. Was it easy to slip into the character with so much happening in her personal life? Were there no distractions?

"After marriage when I reported back to the shooting, Ashu and the rest were actually trying to find something that might have changed, but couldn't. 'You haven't changed a bit!' was their verdict. As an actress, I have a clear demarcation between my personal and professional life, so those two never overlap. When I am in front of the camera I cease to be Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and when I am off it, I cease to be an actress. And that's the way it has always been with me," the Bachchan bahu said.

Laughing off the numerous rumours that were doing the rounds during the making of the epic love story, including that of her pregnancy, she revealed, "We were too immersed in shooting to either think about the baseless rumours or clarify them."

How was it working with Hrithik Roshan again after the stupendous success of Dhoom 2, their last film together? "Hrithik's a great co-star and it's always a pleasure to act with someone as talented, sincere and hard-working as him."

And how was the experience of playing a queen? "Tiring!" she laughed. "Their lifestyle doesn't cease to amaze me. I mean, it took them ages to get ready for one appearance and imagine staying behind curtains all day long. There is no doubt that there is a certain charm and beauty about that era. But being where I am today and knowing the rights we have as women, I find it impossible to even imagine being born in those times."

So she'd never wish to be born a queen? "Well, the royal treatment is welcome always. But I consider myself lucky to be born in today's era, where a woman has far more freedom to exercise her rights," Aishwarya said.
fan_of_Big_B IF-Rockerz
fan_of_Big_B
fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 12 January 2008 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Amitabh in Aruvadai

We have heard of umpteen attempts by our directors to woo Amitabh Bachchan to play a cameo in a Tamil film. In fact he was also talked about as the person most likely to make a guest appearance in Sivaji but that didn't work either. Now director D.Aravind has managed to do the impossible, well almost.
Amitabh Bachchan

For a scene in his upcoming film Aruvadai, involving the President of India, the director had first approached former President Abdul Kalam to play the role but he had turned it down over doubts about his protocols permitting him to do so. The person they next approached for this role was none other than the Big B himself. Though nothing has come through, sources say the chances of his accepting the film are high.

In this movie there is a hospital scene where the villain goes into a state of coma and recovers twenty years later and for this purpose they have erected a set of a futuristic hospital. They have done this at the erstwhile Gaiety Theater premises. Production sources say that the set is one of a kind and will be the highlight of the film.

fan_of_Big_B IF-Rockerz
fan_of_Big_B
fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 12 January 2008 at 6:39am | IP Logged
Big B to Lend His Voice to Jodha Akbar
By MovieTalkies.com, 12 January 2008

He did it in Lagaan and now he will be doing it for Ashutosh Gowarikar's Jodha Akbar as well. Amitabh Bachchan will be doing the voiceover for the epic romance which stars his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan in the lead roles.

So Amitabh also joins the cast of Jodha Akbar. The Big B says hat his association with Gowarikar goes back to the Lagaan days. So when Gowariker approached him for Jodha Akbar, he was more than happy to obilige. He is all set to do the voice over next week. For Ashutosh, there was no other choice but Amitabh to do the narration. It had to someone who could convey both the gravity and the historicity of the occasion. And no, Bachchan is jot being brought in because the film's editing needs explaining but because the historical details need to be punctuated. And who better than the Big B? Well, we couldn't agree more.
fan_of_Big_B IF-Rockerz
fan_of_Big_B
fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 12 January 2008 at 6:40am | IP Logged

Go to top