Post Reply New Post

Page 150 of 150

Page 1 Page 149
Page   of 150

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 2:15pm | IP Logged

Amitabh Bachchan is the latest celebrity to become an ardent blogger, and use the medium to vent.

Girish Rao spoke to the superstar about his passion for blogging, his upcoming film, Bhoothnath and much more.

You have sung a song for Bhoothnath.

Yes. But there are so many things we do in a film which should not be given much importance. As far as the song is concerned, Banku, the child, and I, Bhootnath, are very fond of each other. They start off not liking each other. Bhootnath actually wants to drive Banku out of the house. But later, they become friends.

Tell us more about the film.

Bhoothnath is not a scary film. My character, Bhoothnath, dies because of certain circumstances. But he is very possessive of the house he has been living in. He does not want anyone else to occupy his house. Every time a family moves in, he sends them away.

After that, Juhi's family moves in; and her child is totally oblivious to my existence in the house. Bhootnath tries everything to scare him away but Banku just laughs it off. He feels there are no ghosts in the world; there are only angels. This comes as a surprise to Bhootnath, who has always lived a bitter life. The child changes his way of thinking.

'I am not very good at riding bikes'
Do you believe in ghosts?

I have always believed in the unknown forces of nature and I respect it.

Many things happen in the universe for which we don't have an answer. So we look at some force that is divine in nature.

You also can be seen riding a bike in the film.

The experience of riding a bike was very frightening. I am not very good at riding bikes. I have this fear of falling off the bike whenever I am about to take a turn. I have done some amazing stuff with bikes in Sholay and Mukaddar Ka Sikandar.

When I was in college, the scooter was of great fascination to us but only few in the college owned one. Today's bikes are very powerful.

'Sometimes, I get abusive messages, but that is a part and parcel of this phenomenon'
You have developed a sudden interest of blogging on the Internet.

I got to know of this all of a sudden. Some people explained how blogs functioned, I realised that it's very nice. Now, I am hooked on to it.

It is difficult to reply to everyone but slowly, everything will fall into place. The blog is basically my perspective; if you were to abuse me, I retaliate.

What if the repartee process goes on for a long time?

It would be good; it will benefit both the parties. If we have a platform or a forum where we can express ourselves, then one should surely do it. It's a democratic country where everyone is free to express his or her opinion.

Any interesting comment from readers that you have come across?

Till now, I have not been able to read all comments, but people have expressed their love and affection for me. Sometimes, I get abusive messages, but that is a part and parcel of this phenomenon.

'Sometimes, what I say to the media does not come across properly'
What made you think about blogging?

Actually, sometimes, what I say to the media does not come across properly. I will give you an example. Sometime back, I had gone for [lyricist] Sameer's book release function. Both Yash Chopraji and I were invited for the event.

Sameer said that he shares a very old relationship with me -- both of us are from Uttar Pradesh; his father, lyricist Anjaan, had written songs for me, and now, Sameer is writing songs for Abhishek. Then he brought his son along and expressed a desire that his son should write songs for Abhishek's children. I then said that it's a matter of happiness if he were to do it. I added, 'Please excuse me from here so that I can go home and tell my son Abhishek about Sameer's desire.'

The next moment, in the form of breaking news, it was splashed across television channels that Amitabh wants a son. Later, some women's organisation registered a case on me, saying that I want a son, not a daughter.

You should be very careful in writing things. People are bothered about running their channels but what happens when we are summoned by court? One should think over it.

How do you tackle all such things?

Actually, I don't have to go through it. We have a legal department, who takes care of these things. Whenever celebrities are attacked, we have to pay for it.

'I will never write my biography'
Will you ever write your autobiography?

Never. I don't think I have done anything extraordinary in life, which would compel me to write my autobiography. Others are free to write biographies about me.

Your next film Sarkar Raj is being referred to as Bachchan Raj.

The media has coined this phrase. And yes, the family is the main theme of the film. What more do you expect?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "--Bachchans Fan Club!!-- (Page 150)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
I'm staying in Mumbai, asserts Big B
New Delhi, April 29: Accused of not doing enough for Maharashtra, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Tuesday said nothing could stop him from staying in Mumbai even if those opposed to him "throw bottles at my house or paint my posters black or burn effigies".

"For somebody to tell me to leave this city because I have done or even questioning is unacceptable," a combative Bachchan told a TV channel when asked about the recent outbursts of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray against the actor.

"I am living here, staying here and let them do whatever they want to do. Let them throw bottles at my house or do dharnas or stop my films from being released, paint my posters black or burn my effigies or throw stones at me, I am not budging," he said.

Questioning his critics' right to challenge him from staying in Mumbai, he said he was "not answerable" to anybody and that he will do what he feels to do whenever he likes to do.

"I do not hold any public office, I am not a minister, not a government servant. You cannot question me...I am not answerable to anybody," the actor said.

Bachchan said he was hurt at the "insensitivity towards the Constitution.

"This whole land is ours and this land belongs to me as much as it belongs to you or anybody else. I do not need any particular pass or visa to visit any particular part of this country," he added.

============================================================ ==============

Big B lends support to UN Billion Tree Campaign

BANGKOK: Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, will show his support to the United Nations Billion Tree Campaign by planting a tree at the UN's Asia-Pacific regional headquarters in Bangkok on Wednesday.

The Billion Tree Campaign was launched by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) in January 2007. Since then, close to two billion trees have been planted around the globe.

Along with a focus on tree planting, the campaign also highlights the importance of voluntary action by all sectors of society to address issues such as climate change, air quality and water, among others.

"All of us can play a role in helping our planet. This involves simple actions that each of us can take," said Bachchan ahead of the planting ceremony.

"UNEP's Billion Tree Campaign, which is set to meet its two billion mark soon, is testimony to the tenacity and will of people to do their part. I encourage you to join the millions who helped turn this small 'acorn' into a tree of hope," he added.

Amitabh Bachchan will be joined by Noeleen Heyzer, UN Under-Secretary-General and Executive Secretary of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP); Hiroshi Nishimiya, Deputy Director of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific; and Latha Reddy, India's Ambassador to Thailand and Permanent Representative to ESCAP.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 2:35pm | IP Logged

I wish SRK luck for Paanchvi Paas...: Big B

After SRK, is the Big B planning to return to the small screen? CNN-IBN's Entertainment Editor Rajeev Masand finds out in this exclusive chat with Amitabh Bachchan.

Rajeev Masand: You have a commitment with Star TV to do something with television. What is the nature of the shows that you are discussing? I ask this specifically because after Kaun Banega Crorepati the game show format seems a little redundant now.

Amitabh Bachchan: This is exactly what I have been telling all the television channels who have approached me. There is a balance amount left over with Star TV and we are looking into how we can accommodate that. But yes, it is time to think of something new and normal.

I have spoken to several channel heads and they are battling with new ideas but if nothing comes up then I will go back to the tried and tested formula of game shows or question-and-answer shows.

Rajeev Masand: Shah Rukh Khan's new show Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain is also a quiz show. It is perhaps filling in the void that KBC left. Have you had a chance to see it?

Amitabh Bachchan: I haven't seen it. But I saw the master, the original. It was put up to me as one of the options that I would do. But it has gone to Shah Rukh now and I wish him all the best for it.

Rajeev Masand: Are you looking at other formats like acting on television?

Amitabh Bachchan: I don't think so. But you never know, circumstances maybe such in life that you may finally end up acting on television.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Uma where are you?

its time to start new Bachchans FC

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Creating the new FC!!

Please wait two minutes!! Wink