--Bachchans Fan Club!!-- (Page 149)

Post Reply New Post

Page 149 of 150

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 28 April 2008 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Bhoothon ka Naath
Abhishek Bachchan was shooting next door for a commercial and Amitji went to meet him from the sets of Bhoothnath. So, when I met Abhishek, I told him, ''My star Amitji comes to meet you on your sets, so I would also like to invite you on the sets of Bhoothnath and come meet all my stars''.

But Abhishek could not make it to sets of Bhoothnath due to his hectic schedule. After some days, I decided to send my chief assistant Katty once again to invite Abhishek. When Katty went on the floor to invite him, he did not notice that the camera was rolling and he was in the field. As a result, they had to retake the shot. Abhishek was so cool, he did not utter a word about the spoilt shot but made a joke out of it and promised to drop in.

Finally, Abhishek managed to visit our set and we were all very happy to have him. He also wore Bhoothnath's robe and asked me for a dialogue sheet. And the next minute, I see Abhishek delivering Amitji's lines 'Tabse ghar legne lega hai jab say tum yeha aeye ho'.

Aman Siddique, the child artiste who plays a significant role in our film, was stunned to see Abhishek doing this. He almost forgot all his dialogues! But the fun was not over. We had another surprise waiting.

Amitji was just stood behind us and watched the fun. We were all speechless at the incident, as we did not know how to react. But that's the day a thought crossed my mind if I ever make Bhoothnath 2, I will cast Abhishek in it!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "--Bachchans Fan Club!!-- (Page 149)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 28 April 2008 at 2:42pm | IP Logged

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 28 April 2008 at 2:46pm | IP Logged

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 28 April 2008 at 2:50pm | IP Logged

Amitabh Bachchan: Big changes

Finally, the man, whose stardom was a product of his image, has also had to keep pace with the changing rules of the game. Big B's disastrous comeback in the '90s could be a lesson in the importance of reinvention. However lately Amitabh has been experimenting with his looks more than ever before. Fur coats (KANK), ponytails (Cheeni Kum), beards (Eklavya) he's been doing it all. Clever way to hide the age-lines? Perhaps his son has finally taken a cue from him and is going in for his Drona makeover.

Gone are the days when a Rajesh Khanna or Dev Anand could carry on for years with their trademark mannerisms and look. With Abhishek Bachchan hitting the gym big time for his superhero act in Drona, it's clear that today the biggest of stars need to reinvent themselves constantly to stay in circulation. Interestingly Bachchan Jr had put on oodles of weight earlier this year for his role in Guru.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Amitabh BachchanAmitabh Bachchan rules out a reentry into politics
29th Apr 2008  09.00 IST
By Agencies  

Ruling out a reentry into politics, Bollywood mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan has said 'political split among his fans' led to the end of his stint as a public servant.

In his latest blog, the Big B writes an incident in Assam during electioneering forced him to abort the idea of as career in politics.

"My exit from politics is ruled and governed by that incident and it is the reason why I shall never ever go in that domain again. I would be unfaithful to myself and to my greatest asset -- my well wishers, my fans," he wrote.

"During my electioneering in Allahabad in 1984, there were political splits in families. The women were voting for me, the men for my opponent. But a factor that weighed heavily during my short stint in politics and perhaps became the decider in my decision to withdraw was an incident that occurred in Assam.

"For the Assembly elections in that state (Assam) I was sent to campaign for the party (Congress). An error of judgment forced my helicopter to land at the wrong destination. It belonged to the opposition.

"There was instant physical reaction and the pilot advised we make a hurried exit. As I sat back in the plane, a young student broke the cordon, ran up to me, thrust his fist through the glass window and handed me a piece of paper," he wrote.

It read, "Mr. Bachchan, I am a big fan of yours, but I am with the opposite party. Please leave this state, you are making life very difficult for me for I am torn between two desires."

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 2:00am | IP Logged
Amitabh has no love interest in 'Pa': Balakrishnan

Mumbai, April 29 (IANS) Having got masterly performances out of Tabu and the Big B in "Cheeni Kum", director R. Balakrishnan may be expected to recreate the same magic in his next feature film. But he is on a different track in his second directorial venture titled "Pa"."Pa" features father-son Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan, but no Tabu.

"
But that's because 'Pa' has no room for Tabu at all. This time the story is a father-son one. Amitabh has no love interest in the film and I am sorry about that. Abhishek does have a girl though," Balakrishnan told IANS.

For the female lead, the director has roped in Vidya Balan - the first time that Abhishek is being paired with the lately out-of-sight Vidya.

"We've already approached Vidya and she has more or less agreed. I can see her as a pair with Abhishek, can't you?"

Vidya comes into the picture through her sister Priya, who works with ad man Balakrishnan at Lintas.

"In fact, it's Priya I know well. I got to know Vidya only when we started talking for 'Pa'," said the director, fondly called Balki.

After being paired with Preity Zinta, Rani Mukerji and Priyanka Chopra, Abhishek is on the look out for fresh collaborative opportunities.

Vidya is someone the Bachchans have admired from the time the Big B saw her in "Parineeta" and then worked with her in "Eklavya - The Royal Guard".

The Big B had compared Vidya with his favourite actress Waheeda Rehman.

So is Balki looking at the prospect of directing a new pair?

"I don't look at it that way. Vidya suits the role. I've known her from her ad days. Though we haven't done any ad together she has done ads for my company Lintas."

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 2:03am | IP Logged

Salim khan calls Amitabh stupid

Amitabh Bachchan at IIFA 2007After Anurag Basu made acidic comments about Big B's acting and age, noted script writer and Salman Khan's father Salim Khan went ahead on humiliating superstar Amitabh Bachchan for spreading wrong message about Uttar Pradesh. In a written statement, published in the Maharashtrian daily, he called Amitabh stupid. Amitabh too counter attacked him and said, "This is a democratic country and everyone has the right to express themselves."

Salim had burst over Amitabh when he spread a false message on a television ad about the state as "UP mein hai dum, kyunki jurm hai yahaan kum". He said that now-a-days, people do and say anything for money and Big B had also done the same as he has been paid huge money for the ad. Amitabh replied back that it is a central government ad and he has just acted according to the script, free of cost.

Pointing to Ash-Abhi's wedding, Salim Khan commented on his humanity and said that Big B wanted people to support him in bad times but he forgets to invite them in his happier days. Amitabh has taken all the comments against him sportingly and replied back logically and calmly.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Just beginning to be

Amitabh (TOI Photo) More pics
Amitabh Bachchan should gracefully retire now: Anurag Basu.

Yes or No? If apna Bollywood is to be believed, the answer is a resounding NO.

That's because AB today represents all that Bollywood has always wanted to be larger than life and revered. But do superstars come with a shelf-life? While that dictum would hold true for most in the industry, Amitji, as he is lovingly called by all industrywallahs, has a presence that is eternal.

A case of old wine for sure where Big B just seems to get bigger and better with age Consider all of his recent roles whether it was playing a possessed cop in Aks, a flirty Sam in KANK, or a father in love with his daughter's friend in Nishabd or more, which have been well-received. In the process he has also set a trend for other veteran actors to explore unconventional roles.

Govinda: The film industry is Amitji. We are lucky that we have a star of his stature who can teach us so much. We are no one to give him suggestions what he should do or not do with his career. In fact, we should be taking suggestions from him on how to make our film careers as successful as his. Had I not got a chance to work with him, my personality would not have grown so much.

Siddartha Basu: Why should Amitabh retire? By that logic we should then kill everyone who is above 30! He is an accomplished performer and there's a lot more he has to offer to the audience. It should be his personal decision what he would want to do or not do based on acceptance of the viewer. What is being said these days just shows sickening system of talking of issues that have no relevance but are brought up all the time just to make new.

Neena Gupta: Who are we to tell him what he should do? It's, so wrong to take such an approach towards an actor of his stature.

Satish Shah: To be honest, when it comes to Amitji, he is timeless and as he grows older, his performances will mature.

Who says he does not have a youth connect? In fact, anything that is promoted as a youth connect element has a shelf life. Even in Hollywood, as stars mature, they become legends like Woody Allen and Anthony Quinn. So why should Bachchan sahab hang up his boots when he is at his prime?

On a scale of one to ten as an actor Amitji scores from one to ten with no one to give him competition. Naseeruddin Shah, Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan are also stars but not a patch on Amitabh Bachchan.

Tigmanshu Dhulia: Amitabh Bachchan is a legend. The kind of roles he is doing today prove that he still rules the industry. Even the character roles he plays are a class apart. He cannot retire now, not for a very long time.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top