Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

samir_soni thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Better actors: Some...and the advantage is there are many to choose from. The directors/producers don't run after the box office hero. They look for the best one suitable for the character.

Better movies: Not really. Just like Bollywood, Hollywood produces a handful of good movies in a year. Others may earn more because of the dollars- INR difference and for better business tactics, but that does not make them quality movies.

Better Fans: Didn't get it. Whoever enjoys a movie is a fan. Who decides who is better than who?

I choose both. Hollywood for horror/thriller and animations and Bollywood for family and romance genres.
I understand that both have their share of good and bad movies but I am talking about good to bad ratio and unfortunately there are only a handful decent movies produced in Bollywood in a year.

Then when an ok to good movie is released, Indian critics and fans go ga ga over it as if that was some masterpiece.

Case in point: Omkara, Chak De India, RDB, Munnabhai movies etc. If a half decent movie comes out in Bollywood then provided there are some bankable stars in those movies, critics and people overrate/overhype them.
Actors - Hollywood have way better actors. At least nepotism isn't so rampant over there. in Bollywood it is all about whose son or whose daughter

Don't get me started on award shows!
Okay the FANS!!

Yes Hollywood has its share of immature tweens on the internet. However I have never been to one Bollywood forum where the discussion is intelligent.

Fans argue and squabble about petty things. People get offended and start personal attacks. Fans are insecure about their favorite actors' and put others down and put their faves on a pedestal. No one respects each other's views or opinions.
samir_soni thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: MrsAckles

Then when an ok to good movie is released, Indian critics and fans go ga ga over it as if that was some masterpiece.

Case in point: Omkara, Chak De India, RDB, Munnabhai movies etc. If a half decent movie comes out in Bollywood then provided there are some bankable stars in those movies, critics and people overrate/overhype them.

I agree with you on this. Over hype ruined Black, Rang De and Saawariya for me. If it's a decent movie, every single award goes to it even when it does not deserve it. And critics and the film fraternity behave like they will give their last drop of blood to see the film. The film is considered to be the BEST film EVER in the HISTORY of WORLD CINEMA 🤢

samir_soni thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: MrsAckles

Okay the FANS!!

Yes Hollywood has its share of immature tweens on the internet. However I have never been to one Bollywood forum where the discussion is intelligent.

Fans argue and squabble about petty things. People get offended and start personal attacks. Fans are insecure about their favorite actors' and put others down and put their faves on a pedestal. No one respects each other's views or opinions.

I think IF is pretty good in discussion. I know another forum where movies are treated as entertainment, not equivalent to oxygen or food. The discussion usually stays on the substance of the story than the star value.

Petty things, well, for the fans it's huge. I personally don't understand how bringing down others make your favorite on top. These fans often kick their stars' faces as soon they find a newer model. They don't understand the dedication every single person puts behind a movie and only then it becomes a movie.

As for your other reply on star kids. Bollywood has suffered a lot for its game of favoritism. This is why it is still not internationally acknowledged. On the other hand, many Indian or South Asian regional films are praised for it's making and content.

I like both to be honest and have a cuboard full of both movies but for my bollywood is still number 1 because i grew up in a asian family and despite going to catholic school with 2 asians lol besides in my years it bollywood thats kept that asian side of me from when i was 2 to now its partly responsible for person i am would say. I like the glamour the sets the storys and the actors, romance which hollywood can never for me recreate 👏 you expect over the top because it is bollywood but just as much they do have good movies. Hollywood is good actors as well but does not mean bollywood ones are crap just that they dont get a major chances to show off their skills.I have seen lots of hollywood movies and like bollywood they have their shares of copies as well from books and each other for e.g take on fairytales done through shrek , enchanted and ella etc and to be honest i like both and do not see why their has to be one better than other.
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Why even compare... the audiences are different, the subjects are different, the sensibilities are different...
both have their share of good and bad...

i am not comparing, I am just asking which one do you prefer/choose?

I'm not saying which is better 😕