Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

What Have You Read in 2007 (List) (Page 2)

cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 7:00am | IP Logged

Originally posted by angel_wings

Bad boy by Olivia Goldsmith

Omg.. Im so glad someone else read id also.. How did u find id Vanishta? Big smile

cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 7:01am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jdsean

The Pregnancy Test
Heiress for Hire

I couldnt even complete pride and prejuice.. It went over my head..

Btw dese boths sound intresting.. How r they?Embarrassed

shellytt Senior Member
shellytt
shellytt

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 4:50pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

^^u didnt like Pride and Prejudice? Confused few ppl whohave read that book have told me that they didnt like it..I myself for one loved it Embarrassed

I know, I really wanted to like the book but I couldn't.  Its probably the only book where I like the movie better.  When I was reading the book, I just couldn't get into it, and I kind of didn't like Darcy in the beginning, I know everyone says I'm crazy cuz everyone else loves the book and talks about it so much.   Big smile

I can understand your not liking the book, it takes some getting used to, I'm still trying to read Wuthering Heights and I'm not getting very far, and like you I really want to love the book.

But which Pride and Prejudice movie did you like?? I suggest you look at the A& E version which stars Colin Flirt as Mr. Darcy. This is the closest version to the book that I've seen., and if you like this version, try giving the book another read! Bit of warning though, its really really really long! (the movie that is)

Just a suggestion, because I loved the book so much!!!Smile

Edited by shellytt - 11 January 2008 at 4:51pm
shellytt Senior Member
shellytt
shellytt

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
Books I read in 2007

1.The "In death " Series by Nora Roberts writing as JD Robb. (so far I've read about 15 in the series - I became hooked on them!)

Secret Life of Bees

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (one of the best books of the year)

The Broker

The 4th book in the Girls in Pants series

I read a whole lot more but can't remember them right
now. (do study material for school count LOL LOL LOL . Just kidding!)
jdsean Goldie
jdsean
jdsean

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cool_pooja

The Pregnancy Test
Heiress for Hire

Hi

Heiress for Hire and The Pregnancy Test are written by Erin McCarthy.  They are really good, you should give one a try.

Here's a lil info:  Heiress for Hire
Chicago ex-socialite Amanda Delmar's father has cut her off, and now she must do the unthinkable-work. Single father Danny Tucker hires her to babysit his daughter, not knowing that this debutante might just find a place in his heart.

Totally agree with Pride and Prejudice, but I finished it because I feel like I have to finish every book I read even if its not good.

jdsean Goldie
jdsean
jdsean

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

^^u didnt like Pride and Prejudice? Confused few ppl whohave read that book have told me that they didnt like it..I myself for one loved it Embarrassed

I know, I really wanted to like the book but I couldn't.  Its probably the only book where I like the movie better.  When I was reading the book, I just couldn't get into it, and I kind of didn't like Darcy in the beginning, I know everyone says I'm crazy cuz everyone else loves the book and talks about it so much.   Big smile

I can understand your not liking the book, it takes some getting used to, I'm still trying to read Wuthering Heights and I'm not getting very far, and like you I really want to love the book.

But which Pride and Prejudice movie did you like?? I suggest you look at the A& E version which stars Colin Flirt as Mr. Darcy. This is the closest version to the book that I've seen., and if you like this version, try giving the book another read! Bit of warning though, its really really really long! (the movie that is)

Just a suggestion, because I loved the book so much!!!Smile

Hi,

I saw Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley but I think I might give the A&E one a look at now, since you mentioned it.  I don't know if I could read the book again I'll give it a try again one day .

I want to try reading Wuthering Heights but I don't know. 
lucky_lakshmi IF-Sizzlerz
lucky_lakshmi
lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 12 January 2008 at 1:05am | IP Logged
^^well do try Wuthering Heights...well i cannot assure u that u will love it...
personally I love it,...in fact its a much better book than Pride and Prejudice..
Emily Bronte is a terriffic writer..
Though European Literarture for me is not as appealing as Russian, I wud still say that I Love the Bronte sisters Smile

PS: Classics are of a diff league from contemporary Books..or to be fair..Majority of the contemporary products from World of Literature..I think The role of a reader is v much imprtant in Classics...These days these writers make all the judgements and we nod our heads..Wink

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 12 January 2008 at 1:08am
cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 5:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by cool_pooja

The Pregnancy Test
Heiress for Hire

Hi

Heiress for Hire and The Pregnancy Test are written by Erin McCarthy.  They are really good, you should give one a try.

Here's a lil info:  Heiress for Hire
Chicago ex-socialite Amanda Delmar's father has cut her off, and now she must do the unthinkable-work. Single father Danny Tucker hires her to babysit his daughter, not knowing that this debutante might just find a place in his heart.

Hey this sounds really intresting.. Thanks alot i will try 2 get id!Big smile

Totally agree with Pride and Prejudice, but I finished it because I feel like I have to finish every book I read even if its not good.

Nah.. if i find a bk boring, i just leave id..LOL

Go to top