DOTW - Ragini’s Wedding

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago

DISCUSSION--OF--THE--WEEK

Ragini's Wedding

Last week we saw the different wedding functions of Ragini like Sangeet and Mehndi etc, and then finally the day of wedding arrived, but as expected the wedding did not take place.

For DOTW lets discuss how the wedding was handled and how some of the characters reacted to the situation.

Ragini – She was insulted and humiliated but did not say anything, but when Puneet's mom insulted her father she spoke up and also broke the marriage.

Mamaji – He tried to deal with the situation calmly, but when it got out of hand he spoke bluntly and also supported Ragini.

Mamiji – Even after so much insult and humiliation that her husband and daughter got from Puneet's family, she still wanted Ragini to apologize to them and go ahead with the marriage.

Naniji and some wellwishers - They also wanted Ragini to go ahead with the marriage, and then in today's episode Nani blamed Sadhna for the breakup of Ragini's marriage.

Vineet – He did not say anything, he did not lend support to his dad nor his sister just stood there like a statue.

Malti – I think the whole time she was just thinking about losing on the money as she seemed dis-appointed.

Whose stand do u agree with the most.

Do you agree / disagree with Mamiji and Naniji that they still wanted Ragini to marry Puneet.

What r ur views on the dialogs espeically of Mamaji and Ragini, and acting of all the characters.

Any thing else you would like to discuss about Ragini's Wedding.

Members please do participate and write ur views - No Bashing Please.

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: pinkykhan

Ragini's Wedding

Last week we saw the different wedding functions of Ragini like Sangeet and Mehndi etc, and then finally the day of wedding arrived, but as expected the wedding did not take place.

For DOTW lets discuss how the wedding was handled and how some of the characters reacted to the situation.

Ragini – She was insulted and humiliated but did not say anything, but when Puneet's mom insulted her father she spoke up and also broke the marriage.

I'm glad she stood up and refused the marriage. She shud have done this much earlier and atleast talked to Mamaji abt it in private.. esp after seeing her MIL's greed for money on several occasions. If Sadhna wudnt have reached in time, she wud have just gone ahead with the marriage despite of the doubt in her mind abt them.

Mamaji – He tried to deal with the situation calmly, but when it got out of hand he spoke bluntly and also supported Ragini.

3 cheers for Mamaji, he has always been first and foremost in line when it comes to supporting his daughter. If he was anything like Mamiji, Puneet's family's outburst wudnt matter to him at all and wud get Ragini married even if it meant he'd have to use Sadhna's money for it.

Mamiji – Even after so much insult and humiliation that her husband and daughter got from Puneet's family, she still wanted Ragini to apologize to them and go ahead with the marriage.

I was appalled when I saw how she was pushing Ragini's to apologize to Puneet's family after all the insults they threw at Mamaji and Ragini. I just hope she just let nature take its course and Ragini will get someone who deserves a sweet girl like her.

Naniji and some wellwishers - They also wanted Ragini to go ahead with the marriage, and then in today's episode Nani blamed Sadhna for the breakup of Ragini's marriage.

Nani and the wellwishers were just unbelievable. They were more concerned abt reputation than abt what wud happen to Ragini if she got married to Puneet. Nani goes on and on abt how much she loves Ragini, but her actions only proved that she wanted to get rid of the 'Ragini problem' once and for all.

Vineet – He did not say anything, he did not lend support to his dad nor his sister just stood there like a statue.

Yea, I was waiting for Vineet to say something when his family was getting humiliated right in front of his eyes. But then again, he's shown as a guy without a backbone.. always dancing to his wife's tunes. But I think this incident may have shaken him to the extent that he may begin to care for his family more than Malti for once.

Malti – I think the whole time she was just thinking about losing on the money as she seemed dis-appointed.

She seemed really disappointed at the failure of her plan. But Ragini's family ought to thank her.. cuz if it werent for her plan, Ragini wud have gotten married into that family of vultures and her life wud have been ruined.

I agree the most with Mamaji and Ragini, because they had the guts to stop the wedding and not give in to their demands. Although Mamaji still had some flaws of his own because this whole matter wudnt have gone this far if he had just sensed their greed in time. Right from the moment they came to see Ragini, they have proven over and over again how money is more imp to them than anything else.

Do you agree / disagree with Mamiji and Naniji that they still wanted Ragini to marry Puneet.

Totally disagree with them. They were actually proving right what Puneet's mom said that Ragini is a burden to them and they're trying to dump her on anyone that comes their way.

What r ur views on the dialogs espeically of Mamaji and Ragini, and acting of all the characters.

The whole sequence of events right from when Sadhna interrupted the wedding till today has been picturized very well with simply mindblowing dialogues and superb acting by the entire cast esp Alok Nath and Vibha Chibber. But the most touching and heartrending dialogues were in the episode of Jan 8th which actually brought tears to my eyes.. and u cud actually feel the pain that Mamiji had to go thru all these years. And u can actually empathize with her actions when it comes to Ragini and Sadhna.

Great topic for discussion Pinky, can't wait to hear what everyone else has to say on this topic.😊

appu_m thumbnail
Hai pinky...

gr8 topic.
I agree with Ragini as well as Mamaji. to some extent i agree with mamiji also.(dont misunderstand). as a mother she will think that as her daughter is not getting married now (also bcoz it is the 2nd incident) after this no one will show interest in her daughter so she will definitely wish that somehow the marriage should happen.

Ragini's character is shown as soft spoken and well natured girl so she will not speak against anyone who blames her in any aspect. But as a daughter she loves her parents . If anyone speaks against them definitely she will stand against them.  I liked Raginis and mamajis acting a lot.

Mamaji has outdone his role as a father. Any daughter will be proud and happy to have a father like him. I liked when he told " main apni beti ko bauj nahi samajtha". As in this world when female infanticide in common in many places especially India where people think betis as bauj there should be one person like mamaji who should make them understand the importance of woman.
I think i am moving away from topic..so let me stop now.Edited by appu_m - 16 years ago
ovaltine thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pinkykhan

Ragini's Wedding

It takes a lot of guts for a girl to walk out of the marriage at the mandaap.  What she did was correct in my eyes. 
Where will this vicious cycle end?
Demanding money before pheras, what about after marriage?  We have read many cases where the DIL's are sent home to get money from their parents for every desire the inlaws have.

Both Mamiji and Naniji have no self respect.  They only think of honour not about the future of the girl.  To them, if their daughter suffers after marriage its okay because it is her fate.
I believe that God takes care of those who take care of themselves.
If you make yourself a stepping board, then be prepared for people to walk all over you.
When we talk about society, we are talking about wagging mouths.  In good times they are behind you and in bad they abandon you.

What I appreciate about this is that a father is willing to stand up for his daughter's future and gives two hoots to society.  There is a lesson to everyone watching.
And one day, this kind of dowry demands can be abolished.  If people refuse to give, then the demands will vanish.

This is a real life story that happened in the eighties in Singapore in my community.  Again an arranged marriage but the boy and girl were engaged 6 months before and were hanging out together.  Boy's mother had demanded grand wedding a hotel reception after the wedding , jewellery etc etc Plus S$30,000 cash at that time.  The money was not paid yet.
Before the boy left the house for the mandaap, the boy's mother made a call to the girl side demanding the money be paid or else the boy will not leave the house.  The girl even pleaded with the boy but the boy did not relent either.  The wedding was cancelled by the girl.
We all received phone calls that the wedding was off at the eleventh hour.
But unfortunately, there was some other idiot who was willing to pay the dowry and they got their daughter married to the boy couple of years later.
But today, most people don't expect much in terms of dowry.  They even share wedding costs. Heck, these days the bride and groom pool their income together and host their own weddings.
Change does come about, albeit slowly but surely.
What we need is education and awareness.

All the cast has performed well thought Vinu didn't have much to say.  I was impressed by Alok Nath and Parul.
Sara's role was minimal.
😊
Born-star thumbnail
PINKY YOU ARE THE JAAN OF IF FORUM I MEAN YOU ALWAYS BROUGHT NEW IDEAS SO KEEP IT UP 👏
Malajiji thumbnail

Originally posted by: cool_pak

PINKY YOU ARE THE JAAN OF IF FORUM I MEAN YOU ALWAYS BROUGHT NEW IDEAS SO KEEP IT UP 👏

Yea.................. Keep up the good work.. 👏👏👏

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: malasing

Yea.................. Keep up the good work.. 👏👏👏

Thanks guys but the life line of the forum is its members and i wish we can get more members to the forum and get the existing 1's to participate in the forum activities.