IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 1:15am | IP Logged

Hillary Clinton close to tears as cracks begin to show

Democratic presidential hopeful and New York Senator Hillary Clinton

(Stan Honda/AFP/Getty Images)

Hillary Clinton came close to tears during a campaign stop in New Hampshire as new polls showed her trailing Barack Obama on the eve of the crucial state primary.

At a coffee shop in Portsmouth, Mrs Clinton became emotional when asked by a woman voter: "How do you keep upbeat and so wonderful?"

After beginning her answer, her voice began to break and tears filled her eyes. "You know, this is very personal for me. It's not just political it's not just public. Some people think elections are a game, lot's of who's up or who's down, [but] it's about our country."

Polls show Mr Obama is set to claim another emphatic victory in New Hampshire's Democratic primary tomorrow following his success in Iowa last week. He told ecstatic supporters at another packed rally: "You're the wave and I'm riding it." Later, he told a TV interview: "We obviously started something, now we've got to finish it."

Can emotional people become good leaders?

Are women more emotional? Is this the reason for finding less woman leaders?

or

Is being emotional is a postive quality.

Do tears fetch votes?

Do you vote make a  change in your vote when you see a contestant who sheds tears?(in reality and in reality TV shows)?

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 08 January 2008 at 1:29am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can emotional ppl be good leaders?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 2:10am | IP Logged

Can emotional people become good leaders?

All are emotional...Leaders also humans...so I dont think its not a big probs.

Are women more emotional? Is this the reason for finding less woman leaders?

I dont think women are more emotional, women mentaly stronger than men...everyone cant be a leader, those who have some will power n guds, and know some tactics to handle the situations...that person can be a leader. Wink

Is being emotional is a postive quality

No ,Its not a postive queality. Smile

Do tears fetch votes?

Ya, may be....Depend upon situation..

Do you vote make a change in your vote when you see a contestant who sheds tears?(in reality and in reality TV shows)?

No... Big smile Wink

fatmah5000

Goldie

fatmah5000

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 5:51am | IP Logged

Do you vote make a  change in your vote when you see a contestant who sheds tears?(in reality and in reality TV shows)?

No...I dont....

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Only emotional people can be good leaders.

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Why not...

But in one condition that you must not let the emotion affect your work and the leadership.. We have seen that in many professions like doctor, soldier where one needs to control on their emotions.. If they cant control, then it will affect their work..

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 11:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Hillary Clinton close to tears as cracks begin to show

(Stan Honda/AFP/Getty Images)

Hillary Clinton came close to tears during a campaign stop in New Hampshire as new polls showed her trailing Barack Obama on the eve of the crucial state primary. Drama queen. Tongue and why because Obama is won Iowa and ispredicted to win NH.

At a coffee shop in Portsmouth, Mrs Clinton became emotional when asked by a woman voter: "How do you keep upbeat and so wonderful?"  Does this question demand anyone breaking down in tears? Imagine if Bush was asked this question. he would shrug shoulders makes us all laugh. Wink (gotta give credit where it is due)

After beginning her answer, her voice began to break and tears filled her eyes. "You know, this is very personal for me. It's not just political it's not just public. Some people think elections are a game, lot's of who's up or who's down, [but] it's about our country." This response is far cry from what she said during her husband's presidential campaign in 1992, she made insensitive remark to a country singer when asked about her professional roll in a law firm to which she replied " I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies"

Polls show Mr Obama is set to claim another emphatic victory in New Hampshire's Democratic primary tomorrow following his success in Iowa last week. He told ecstatic supporters at another packed rally: "You're the wave and I'm riding it." Later, he told a TV interview: "We obviously started something, now we've got to finish it." 

Can emotional people become good leaders? Not the Hillary kind.  Ronald Reagan was emotional kind of leader and so was MKGandhi 

Are women more emotional? Is this the reason for finding less woman leaders? Hillary's breakdown is prime example of how women screw up with emotions at wrong time. They appear manipulative.

or

Is being emotional is a postive quality. Compassion is emotion with intelligence.  Everyone can be a compassionate active type of a person/leader.

Do tears fetch votes? Proven fact by Kekta - tears fetch trp's.

Nope. Recently saw Vasundhra in SRGMP Lil champs crying everytime when the judges criticise or show little less praise, she is not likeable now imo.

Edited by lighthouse - 08 January 2008 at 2:52pm

~globetrotter~

Groupbie

~globetrotter~

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
I think the only time emotion is appealing is when it's genuine. And whether or not a contestant or a politician will get extra votes because of shedding tears all depends on whether the public perceives those emotions as genuine or whether it all looks like a shameful attempt at getting votes. It is touching though when a politician or contestant genuinely means what they say and are choked up by the honesty of the emotion. But that's rare. I think a genuinely emotional leader would be a good leader because it would show that the leader genuinely cares about a given situation enough to make a difference. But I do agree with Anu.Rad, an emotional leader would only be a good leader if they are able to keep their emotions in check when the situation demands it.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top