Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Salman welcomes a special fan at his home

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Salman welcomes a special fan
By Webmaster, 7 January, 2008

Salman welcomes a special fanSalman Khan warmly welcomed a special fan, 11-year-old Arvind Jain into his home and spent over half an hour chatting with him Over the weekend, Salman Khan had a special fan land up at the doorstep of his Bandra abode.

London-based Arvind Jain, 11, who suffers from Duchenne muscular dystrophy, was warmly welcomed by the actor and ended up spending half an hour with the actor.

While on a short visit to Mumbai, on his wish list was a chance to meet his favourite star Salman Khan. The desire was fulfilled when the actor took time off for his little fan.

"I could not believe it when Salman greeted me. It was a dream come true. I did not know what to tell him but he made us extremely comfortable," says a bashful Arvind who was accompanied by his parents Mridula and Ashok Jain besides elder sister Sushma.

Arvind is confined to the wheelchair. He cannot stand or sit without support and is in and out of hospitals often. With every passing day, the progressive muscular degeneration spreads to new body parts. The family knows there is no complete cure and such patients do not survive long. Yet, they want Arvind to live life to the fullest.

"As he is confined to the wheelchair, Bollywood is a big source of comfort for him. He is a cinema buff," says his sister Sushma. "At Salman's home, initially Arvind was tongue-tied. He just could not say a word. But gradually and thanks to Salman being so chilled out my brother could actually start a conversation with his idol."

The actor also insisted on displaying his art to Arvind. "He showed us all the canvases in his house and what he was trying to say through his paintings. Arvind was overjoyed when Salman gave him his autograph on his picture."

The topic of conversation was Salman, his films and his paintings. "It was a fantastic experience. He told Arvind he could ask him everything he wanted to know about him. Salman told us about his forthcoming films like Yuvraaj. He also filled us with details about how he had celebrated his birthday last month and his shooting schedule over the next few days," adds Sushma.

Besides Salman and Katrina, also present at the Khan abode were Salman's sisters Alvira and Arpita, his mother Salma as well as Malaika Arora. "They all greeted us very warmly over tea," concludes Sushma.

guys isn't salman a guy with a heart of gold.i love him!!!πŸ‘

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BengaliChica92 thumbnail
Kawaii!!
Thanks for sharing
angels_eyes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
that is soo sweet
he is a man white a heart of gold
jonnybgood thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
time to go knock his door, wonder if he will let me in for a cup of chai πŸ˜›
Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail

Originally posted by: angels_eyes

that is soo sweet
he is a man white a heart of gold

ya i know

salman-love thumbnail
WOW DATS SOO NICE OF HIM.. OMG JUST THINGS LIKE THIS MAKE ME LUV HIM EVEN MORE... SOO SWEET OF SALMAN.... LUV U LOTS SALMAN
missangel234 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Omg he's so cute...Love him for everything he does! 😳 😳
--__Shireen__-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks 😊

Salmam is so sweet 😳
Showbizz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow that really melted my heart , that was really nice of salman :)
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Similar article posted - http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=831044