Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

ammmu

IF-Veteran Member

ammmu

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Very nicely written Khairu di..

I dont think I have my own "style" or "trademark" with my sigs, so I dont know how someone can "copy" me and neither have I really ever seen my sigs "copied", so I personally don't know how it feels. But, like you said, my friends are the ones who have had this happen to them, and yes, I am upset that their sigs are being seen in other 'carbon-copies' - however, I'm sure we all know that it's inevitable... cos like you said, the Internet is a free place, and no matter how much we pic (c) [insert name] all over the siggy, people will see it and there's always going to be a chance that your sig will be copied...

I never really thought of copying sigs in this light - I've always known it's something that cant be helped, no matter how much you try, but you've put forth the issue very realistically... thanks for opening my eyes a bit, and hopefully opening the eyes of others too! Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Being copied? (Page 3)" in Avatar & Signatures Shop forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tumhari_Khushi

IF-Veteran Member

Tumhari_Khushi

IFs Creative Head & Creative Artiste

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
I hope some members read this post of yours, Khair.

I get attacked by those who get copied if I don't help them they want me to and I get attacked by those who are copying them, thanks a bunch friends.

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 4:31pm | IP Logged

excellent post!
i have got to say you have said it all right!
i mean a siggy maker takes long time to make a new sig and once everyone likes that sig it is being copied! some people think that by coping other's and then saying inspried by so and so is alright but it is not!

great post!

Edited by ~*manai*~ - 07 January 2008 at 4:31pm

Angelic_A

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_A

I-F Creative Head

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Khairuuu wah! EVERY single sentence u wrote there is just worth an aplouse. Clap thank you soo much for bringing that up coping has been one of the biggest issues that actually caused members to think of leaving IF and I don't agree with that. And soo true about being 100% orignal seriously I so agree with that very very very welll said. Clap. Why can't we all just get over the fact of actually being copied come on we can't really do anything about it and plus if ur really protective for ur siggy's than why post them? I agree if someone just tried to make the siggy look exactlly the same like yours that would be bad or even cutting siggy parts.. but u can take a look at the idea and try to do something that u would do with that idea. Well thats all I have to say..

Soo proud of u khariuu Embarrassed you are a Kim possible Natasha di was right.Embarrassed LOL .

Edited by *Aman_I* - 07 January 2008 at 4:53pm

miss5stars

IF-Rockerz

miss5stars

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
Clap Clap hats off too youu Clap Clap

honestly.. ive seen pple say they hate IF cuz of copiers nd stuff nd i always haav wanted to say " Get Over It Just think of it as SHARING IS CARING" Embarrassed but i didnt cuz i wud think pple wud b lyk wtf nd warn me or sumthin AGAIN Ouch Embarrassed but im soooooo 100% GLAD u wrote this..!! Embarrassed

well yah all i hav to say is tht
ur jus absolutly ritee
so wht if sum1 copys ur style
tht just means their inspired by ur style
so its a gud thing Embarrassed
&&
sharing is caring
--thts my motto -- LOL

sweet_ak92

IF-Sizzlerz

sweet_ak92

MJHT's 2nd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
amazingly said and lovely post khair
i totally agree
this is neevr going to stop..so we shud all just get on with our lives and continue doing what we are doing..people quitting for this is ridiculous and quite sad
i mean sum people dont copy on purpose the sigs juss happen to luk like sum1 elses..
i wud say its a good thing that people get inspired..if ppl are using teh same textures that doesnt mean they are copying..its onli obvious that they are using the internet and there is such a huge possiblity that everyone is going to end uop finding the same textures..if not others are going to share their textures..so whats wrong with that..not like we've invented these styles, textures, brushes or anything like that
there was probably some1 who used that same style before us and who invented it..so before we claim our creations to be original and say that someone copied us we shud think about it before we say anything

luved ur post khiar
tc
Afeera

-Dayeeta-

IF-Rockerz

-Dayeeta-

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
omg khairdi,u r just amazinng,u deserve a standing applause Clap
it was soo clear and right
i completely agree with u di Clap

the_charm

IF-Veteran Member

the_charm

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 3:47am | IP Logged
I agree with everything you said dii!
And seriously, I have never seen anyone copying. Or for that matter, I could never realise it. I agree with you that no one is 100% original. Everything we do has been done a thousands time before. And how much original can we be, with the same limited things (pics, brushes, textures and colors.)?
I believe that here everyone is inspired by others. No one thought of any idea/style for the first time. And I don't think that we can use that word "copied" for any creation exception to, if its cut out of another creation.

Lastly, thank you very much for putting it up dii. I agree to each and every word you said. Smile

Ghungroo

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Avatar & Signatures Shop Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.