Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:33pm | IP Logged

Hi Cric Fans!!!

Today's hot topic in every newspaper and Tv channels is whether we should play with or witout umpires..because it seems lyke that umpires cannot make a good judgement and most of the time they favour English or Austrailian teams..Now i wanna remind you all about the oval incident where for the first time an umpire was alleged of rasicm..There is no doubt that sometimes it's not easy to quickly make the right decision..Although in this case cameras gives u a clear evidence of who was out or who wasn't.. Now what you and doesn't understand is why the umpires deliberately favoured austrailian team?...

So here are the questions  which has raised eyebrows of many cricket  fans

What do you think about umpire's role in cricket?

Why most of the teams are not satisfy with umpire's decision?

Do you think that umpires should immediatly refer to third umpire if they are in a doubt?

Why the ICC doesn't take strict action against umpires?

Do you believe that steve buknor was favouring aussies in this test match series?If yes then state your reason

And  at the end i want to ask you that how deeply does this effect sportsmanship of players of any side?

Edited by *Fiza* - 06 January 2008 at 9:20pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW-Umpire Vs Team!" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
well all i will say that humans make mistakes and esp on cricket its the game where things go wrong. Even when aussies came to india as well there symonds were abused too and alot of times umpires favoured against aussies as well. So on that time it it also made headlines and soo then did inidian fans fumed against umpires ??

haha on that aussies did not nor his fans shout or fumes like the way indian are doing today..

cool

:)

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
hmm i agree with u andro but this time umpires has pushed it too far.. i mean viewers aren't blind ..they know what going on ..u can't fool them.. one or two wrong decisions are acceptable but 7 .. i mean if anyone truly loves cricket then they wud disagree with umpires decisions..

~*!Ripi!*~

IF-Rockerz

~*!Ripi!*~

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
I think there should be no umpires except for one who should be the 3rd umpire who can see everything by replays!...because i know its hard to make a decision so fast so if they have only replays and no calls on the field then there should be no arguments as it would be clear...

Edited by ~*!Ripi!*~ - 06 January 2008 at 11:07pm

HaUnTeDfReAk

HaUnTeDfReAk

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Fiza*

Do you think that umpires should immediatly refer to third umpire if they are in a doubt?

Do you believe that steve buknor was favouring aussies in this test match series?If yes then state your reason

And  at the end i want to ask you that how deeply does this effect sportsmanship of players of any side?

to teh answer 2 yr questions

1)umpires' role is a very important one is they r fair..coz if tehy r nt fair enough the way v saw in the sydney test then i think this can lead 2 a lot of things..

2)most of teh team's r nt satisfied coz they definately dob't want any desicion 2 go aganist them..the umpire's have 2 b fair..

3)defiantely..if tehy r in doubt n tehy r asking 2 the firlders then y nt ask the batsman..this is ridiculous..

4)coz umpir's favous aussies the most as v have seen n the ICC president is unfortuntely an aussie..

5)tehre were 10 desicions agnst the indians..does steve bucknor think teh viewer's r blind or wat..i believe this test match sould now b announced as drwn coz its totally unfair..the was symonds patted on bucknor's back when he gave rahul out in teh 4th innings is clearly giving us a reason tht how did aussie win the world cup 3 times consecqtively..

thsi definately effects teh spotmanship coz if teh umpires r nt fair then the opposite team would think wats the use of playing when v knw whos gonna lose.i think aussie players r nt menly enough 2 face there defeat..even gals can face a defeat better than them yaar.they should wear skirts n take thier bats n balls n stay in the house itslef..even after winning teh test match they r complete LOSERS!!!

-Chicha-

IF-Dazzler

-Chicha-

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 2:08pm | IP Logged

Their role is very simple, they just have to be fair, just have to give outsLOL

because the decisons he gave was wrong, and neither am i satisfy LOL

ofc, if they think they missed out on something, then yeah the best thing to do is to refer to the 3rs U

because, we don't have tht many U, and prob because they think it's not big of a deal

I think he was, becasue I found out that he is also form Aus. LOLand prob he doesn't want his country to lose. Plus, i  also heard that they paid him LOL

HaUnTeDfReAk

HaUnTeDfReAk

Posted: 08 January 2008 at 3:41am | IP Logged
sry 2 say but no offence but bucknor is a west indian..

n i have sumthign 2 say..i think umpires se things which v couldn;t n v could c things which he couldn't..i mean he saw indians nicking teh ball n all but v couldn't..n v saw aussies were out but he couldn't

irfancharming

Groupbie

irfancharming

Posted: 11 January 2008 at 9:39am | IP Logged
hmm well as i remember & as i know cricket

there are some umpires who favour the teams

like in past

Westindies umpires when they stand in home matches especially in test matches

and some of the australian as well

now a days its very hard to favour the home team in the home series becoz the rules of icc

especially for the upmpires belonging from the countries like

PAKISTAN
INDIA

etc
for them its very hard to do there job in the australia match

its doesn't matter australia vs _____ ( anyone)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top