Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

films-bad influence!

AzN CuTiE Groupbie
AzN CuTiE
AzN CuTiE

Posted: 01 September 2005 at 8:59am | IP Logged

hey everyone i think that bollywood films are becoming a bad influence...like the other day i saw the trailor of the film aashiq banaya apne! i was in shock.. the cloths! and i saw a film ages ago called tumsa nahin dekha that was not nice! anyway do you think that bollywood films nowadays are getting to be a bad influence????Question

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 01 September 2005 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Its freedom of speach , and as it is Indian censors have a field day clipping away . BUT WHAT REALLY IMPORTANT IS TO GRADE THE FILM PROPERLY - AS IN R RATED , OR FOR ADULTS ONLY ETC ......When there is too much violence , sex , nudity , bad language the film MUST be kept out of reach for children of certain ages !! As long as they strictly follow the rating criteria they can show what ever !!
sweetsorrow18 IF-Rockerz
sweetsorrow18
sweetsorrow18

Posted: 01 September 2005 at 10:56am | IP Logged
i agree with your point Indygirl, but in the case of grading the movies, people are just going to find illgal wayz of gettin in and watching these movies. 
Hence, it will be the new "cool" thing for young children to do, because it would then open up a field of "forbidden" things to these children. 

In western society, most teens/children like to do things "not allowed", if we restrict too much, then they will be more apt to do these things.  In regards to alcohol and drugs, movies are not as bad....

but yes i agree...stricter restrictions should be put in indian movies, since nowadays many of them have alot  "skin shows" children should not see...
PixieDust91 Goldie
PixieDust91
PixieDust91

Posted: 01 September 2005 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
I think they really are a bad influence. I mean, the rating system's really not working. For example, I was at the movie theaters with my little cousin (in India and she was about 5-6 yrs old at the time.) She saw her friend in the other line(She was with her older brother) and asked, "What movie are you watching?" Her friend replied "jism". I mean, a 5-6 year old shouldn't be watching such movies...and the ticket person didn't even care. Here in USA, a child that age wouldn't be allowed to get into a rated R movie like that.

Even the violence is too much. A few years ago, my nephew was about 3 years old, and we rented to movie "Awara Pagal Deewana"...I knew there would be a little violence in it, but not so much that he would start fights in the house. Movies nowadays have terrible language little kids can pick up too...but I shouldn't relaly go there.
frosty Goldie
frosty
frosty

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 2:40am | IP Logged
Its not just the clothes and the language which influence the children but
also the matter. We all are aware of how maleable a young mind can be.
When a filmmaker like Ram Gopal Verma continously makes movies
glorifying the underworld how can the young not be influenced by it.
Most people developed a lot of sympathy for the character of Bhikhu
Mahatre or Vivek Oberoi's character in company or that of Amitabh
Bachan's character in Sarkar. I admit these are good movies, but these
movies do influence the mind of the young. I think even these movies
should get an R rating. At least it would prevent some corruption of
young minds
fatty1 Goldie
fatty1
fatty1

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 6:17am | IP Logged
LOL
primrose1980 Newbie
primrose1980
primrose1980

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Yes I agree with you that every film must have a rating and parents should also check their childrens TV habits.
Primrose
AT matrimonialprofile
bkeero IF-Dazzler
bkeero
bkeero

Posted: 02 September 2005 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Hindi movies should be classified just like Hollywood movies. We don't let our kids watch certain movies in hollywood and bollywood should be the same way.

I wouldn't wan't my child watching movies like Jism, Girlfreinds etc, because it sends out the wrong message, but as an adult it fine because by then you know what your watching.

Hindi films should have a proper rating system.

Go to top