Debate Mansion

Bhajji banned, I say call off the series (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 98

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:05pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sareg

Calling a Black man a monkey is racial epithet, basically Blacks are termed as having close lineage to monkey b'cos of their looks and color and it is accepted as a racial epithet in the black world

Symond is black? He is not...and "monkey" is racial? Com'on if I were a black I would find "black" itself racist.

ICC is clearly biased in favour of WHITES, they have one standard for them and another standard for everyone else (non-WHITES). If anything then that is what we can call racism. This is one thing I admire Mr.Dalmia..he breached the WHITE bastion called ICC, which obviously wasn't liked by them.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bhajji banned, I say call off the series (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by bunbutt_too

I concur, effective immediately India needs to walk away from this series in protest. .

Lage raho Munnabhai.

It is time to show who the strongest team isTongue. Anyways India is going to appeal. So ban is not applicable till they arrive at a decision. 

Maya_Mji, unfortunately the Australians have tasted blood now, so they are going to expedite the whole banning process. Meanwhile the BCCI will take their own sweet time discussing how and when to proceed with the appeal.

I have been watching the Indian News channels all day and it appears that the unanimous decision of the junta janardhan of India is to ask Team India to walk away from the series, but the BCCI is still stuck in their groove of "we are still considering all the options for the appeal." Even Bhajji's Mom has been quite vocal. This is one time I wish that Mr. Dalmiya was still the head of the BCCI.  Without India the ICC stands to loose a ton of sponsers.....India has been there, and done that once before. Dunda dikhanehkah time phir aa gayela hainWink

souro

souro

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:34pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Anu.Rad

Good way to improve the TRP of test cricket you see Wink

That's an interesting theory, especially the way entertainment business is going nowadays.LOL This'll surely ensure the non-cricket lovers will also watch the third Test.LOL

souro

souro

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Maya_M

I concur, effective immediately India needs to walk away from this series in protest. .

Lage raho Munnabhai.

It is time to show who the strongest team isTongue. Anyways India is going to appeal. So ban is not applicable till they arrive at a decision. 

Maya_Mji, unfortunately the Australians have tasted blood now, so they are going to expedite the whole banning process. Meanwhile the BCCI will take their own sweet time discussing how and when to proceed with the appeal.

I have been watching the Indian News channels all day and it appears that the unanimous decision of the junta janardhan of India is to ask Team India to walk away from the series, but the BCCI is still stuck in their groove of "we are still considering all the options for the appeal." Even Bhajji's Mom has been quite vocal. This is one time I wish that Mr. Dalmiya was still the head of the BCCI.  Without India the ICC stands to loose a ton of sponsers.....India has been there, and done that once before. Dunda dikhanehkah time phir aa gayela hainWink

The latest news now is that BCCI is going to appeal within 24 hrs against the ban and the board has asked the players to stay put in their hotel in Sidney until further instructions and they'll not leave for Canberra today as was originally scheduled.

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 9:24pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Morning_Dew

This is weird , yes I think they should call off the series.. Austrian are rude.
And I think there should be some kind of diciplinary actions again , wrong decisions by umpires they should be banned for it .

Wink Please don't mind Morning_Dewji but the poor Austrians only  and The only "cricket" they know is an orthopteran bug that belongs to the Gryllidae family.Big smile 

But you are right some action should be taken against these umpires.....but it has reached the stage where the burning question is "who is going to bell the cat?"Any measures other than simply firing the umps, would be akin to placing a bandaid on the wounds inflicted on the game itself. These two umps need to be removed full and final. They have lost all objectivity and are a total insult to the concept of neutrality.

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

B R E A K I N G     N E W S           ; ; ;  B R E A K I N G     N E W S

Sahara Samay is reporting that Captain Anil Kumbley had an hour long meeting with only his team this morning, and he has decided that the team will not proceed to Canberra till Harbajan is totally exhonorated, since, and I quote, "there is not a shread of evidence against Harbajan, other than the word of a few Australian players."

This is still a developing story but at least it is a step in the right direction. Aye aye captain, I tip my hat to you. ClapClap  

Meanwhile Sharad Pawar and his BCCI board is still discussing the plan of action. Angry

UPDATE:

Team India has apparently left for Canberra with the understanding that their demand will be addressed from that venue. Meanwhile the team's media manager is stating that "Team India will play the rest of the scheduled matches wihile the BCCI will take up the issues with the ICC Board" 

At this point everything is reduced to, "he said, she said". Maybe things will be clearer in the next hour or so.

HOT OF THE SAHARA SAMAY NEWS CHANNEL [10: pm pacific time].

The BCCI has finally taken a stand. The BCCI is informing the ICC that the 2nd test was unfair, and the banning of Harbajan for his so called "racist remark" is totally bizarre.

The BCCI will not tolerate any unfair treatment of it's players in the face of lousy and biased officiating. The BCCI has also asked Team India to stay put in Sydney till further instructions. No further matches will be played till the ban on Harbajan is lifted.

Edited by bunbutt_too - 06 January 2008 at 10:55pm

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Just another angle...

even if we got 2 bad umpiring decisions in the 2nd innings...why couldnt we bat out the 31/2 hours to atleast draw the test...

we would have been in a stronger position to argue about the whole matter and not be labeled as sore losers!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top