Page 1 of 98

Page 1
Page   of 98
Page 2 Page 98

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 10:00am | IP Logged

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/threetest-ban-for-harbhajan-bcci -to-appeal/55766-5.html

Sydney: Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh is to be banned for three Test matches for racially abusing Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) match referee Mike Procter went with the Australian team's version during the hearing that went on for more than six hours.

Indian manager Chetan Chauhan confirmed that Harbhajan has been banned for three matches.

"Our points were ignored in the meeting. We think this ban is unfair," Chauhan said.

"We don't want these (Steve Bucknor and Mark Benson) umpires in the future matches. Incompetent umpring has cost us this match," Chauhan remarked angrily.

Apart from Harbhajan, skipper Anil Kumble, Sachin Tendulkar, manager Chetan Chauhan and media manager MV Sridhar were present during the hearing while the Australian contingent included Symonds, skipper Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke and team manager Steve Bernard.

However, the ban will not come into effect immediately and Harbhajan can continue to play. The appeal will be made to the Commissioner of Appeals

But if the ban comes into effect, it will be a dubious first for and Indian player as till now no one from the country has been banned for racial abuse.

Reacting to the ban, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Vice-President Rajeev Shukla said that the Board would contest the ban.

"Both Harbhajan and BCCI will appeal against the ban within 24 hours," Shukla said.

Shukla also ruled out cancelling the tour for the time being and added that they are waiting for the response from the match referee on the complaint against Brad Hogg.

Hogg has been accused of abusing Kumble and Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the final session of play on Sunday.

The BCCI Chief Administrative Officer Ratnakar Shetty said, "We will advise the team management on the future course of action. We will appeal against the decision. We will provide Harbhajan whatever legal help he needs."

On Day III of the Sydney Test, Harbhajan and Symonds were involved a heated exchange of words with the Australian all-rounder later claiming that he was racially abused by the Indian off-spinner.

Ponting lodged a formal complain with Proctor who scheduled the hearing on Saturday after the end of the day's play. However, the hearing was postponed till Sunday on the request of the Indian team management.

Harbhajan has been charged under rule 3.3 of the ICC's Code of Conduct that deals with using language or gestures that insults a person on the basis of race, religion, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin.

On Friday, the off-spinner had denied making any racist comment. _____________

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/indians-accuse-hogg-of-using-abu sive-language/55774-5-23.html

Sydney: The simmering feud between the Indian and Australian teams took another turn on Sunday with the visitors lodging a complaint against left-arm spinner Brad Hogg for using abusive language during the second Test.

India lodged a formal complaint against Hogg during the disciplinary hearing into Harbhajan Singh's alleged racial abuse directed at Andrew Symonds.

The new development has only intensified the already charged atmosphere in the two camps, who have been engaged in a virtual war of attrition in the second Test which ended ina 122-run loss for India on Sunday.

Horrendous umpiring decisions, which proved costly for India, and the blatantly unsporting conduct of the Australians has left the Indians infuriated with captain Anil Kumble saying at the post-match press conference that "only one team played in the true spirit of the game."

Now this is the limit, ek to Umpiring ekdam bakwaas...in favour of home team. I say, call off the series. Aussies/ICC can go to hell, time to leverage our financial strength. If Bhajji is guilty and can be punished, then the entire Aussie team should be banned for 100 tests, everyone knows how they keep sledging and swearing at opponents. No, but ICC won't do take any action against them...thats the way Aussie play they say. I say my foot, apply the same standards for everyone. Did anyone ban McGrath for swearing at Sarwan?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bhajji banned, I say call off the series" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Your bhajji deserves it... And India i have no comments about them.

Every one saw what happened with symonds and due to what some indian fans did to him and still came to aus to take revenge. Even when AUS came to india there lots of indian umpires did mistakeened as well. So what 's the big deal here ???

This happens in cricket as i agree with Ricky pomting. here completelyyyyyyyyy Smile

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 10:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ''Andro''

Every one saw what happened with symonds and due to what some indian fans did to him and still came to aus to take revenge. Even when AUS came to india there lots of indian umpires did mistakeened as well. So what 's the big deal here ???

This happens in cricket as i agree with Ricky pomting. here completelyyyyyyyyy Smile

I would suggest you to keep out of this thread....or atleast read this..

The International Cricket Council (ICC) match referee Mike Procter went with the Australian team's version during the hearing that went on for more than six hours.

Indian manager Chetan Chauhan confirmed that Harbhajan has been banned for three Test matches.

"Our points were ignored in the meeting. We think this ban is unfair," Chauhan said.

Sharmii

IF-Sizzlerz

Sharmii

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 10:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ''Andro''

I dont think Bhajji would Have said anything Unless Provoked.

And I believe the Umpires didnt hear of any racial comments....And Sachin said what happened on the Field was a friendly mocking batter.

I might not believe Bhajji But I know enough of Pointing and Sachin's character to tell whose saying the Truth.

The Match Referee is again Mike Prockter ( rings a Bell??) wants to take into acccount Pointing words who well just outrightly lied to the umpire about Clarke's catch off ganguly.

If there was one decent Australian it was Steve waugh.Other than the whole Australian are a bunch of Arrogant spoil sports who know as many trick off the field as they do on it.Ouch

If Indians have any self respect left...Just call off the tour till they tender an apology.Confused

Edited by Sharmii - 06 January 2008 at 10:21am

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Yeah if the same standard is applied on Aussie team then each and every Aussie player would get banned for life. Has any Aussie player ever been banned, despite swearing at opponents constantly...everyone knows about them.

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 10:28am | IP Logged
I saw on TV someone mentioning that Bhajji called him "Monkey"..is that racial abuse? I mean f**k/mo***rf***er/B*****d (pet words of goras) etc not considered offensive but "Monkey" is. Angry

BTW, ICC should come out and tell exactly what Bhajji said which has been considered racial.

Sharmii

IF-Sizzlerz

Sharmii

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 10:30am | IP Logged
I just have to say that If Australians Provoke they very well deserve whats coming their way.

And wasnt it the great Mike Prokter who Banned Tendulkar for Ball tampering?? Dead

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Yeah..Proctor is the same person. If anything, subcontinent teams are being racially abused. There was no conclusive evidence against Bhajji, but Proctor believed Clark and Hayden's word (and disregarded our opinion)..jo ki Sachchai ki moorat hain.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top