Debate Mansion

Songs can help emotional distress?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 05 January 2008 at 11:29pm | IP Logged

Was watching "K for Kishore" (program on sony) this noon..heard this couple of times "oh hearing this song I forget my worries / distress"

Well personally yes when am sick or physcologically in low spirits fast numbers or items songs (non video) cheers me up but forgetting / resolving emotional distress ...Confused..HA!! CD's can sure make it to drug stores soon.

Songs can really impact / alter emotional state of one's mind ? If this is true then can a person with Smile emotional state can be Ouch after hearing saddening songs or say HM's songs LOLLOL (no offy on HM pls)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Songs can help emotional distress?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Was watching "K for Kishore" (program on sony) this noon..heard this couple of times "oh hearing this song I forget my worries / distress"

Well personally yes when am sick or physcologically in low spirits fast numbers or items songs (non video) cheers me up but forgetting / resolving emotional distress ...Confused..HA!! CD's can sure make it to drug stores soon.

Songs can really impact / alter emotional state of one's mind ? If this is true then can a person with Smile emotional state can be Ouch after hearing saddening songs or say HM's songs LOLLOL (no offy on HM pls)

Yes ! Music does impact the emotional state of a personSmile. I think we have several music therapies based on the emotions of the people.

Donot know about western music but Carnatic Music got some ragas for some emotions and all.

Music Therapy

Music therapy and yogaMusic Therapy is a newly developed branch of Para medicine in which music or sound pulses that generate different kinds of music are being employed in curing ailments like mesothelioma, asthma, depression, and even Asbestos Cancer, peritoneal mesothelioma etc.. Music Therapy is the use of a selected music to obtain the same expected changes and hormonal alterations in the body, played uninterrupted for a while, to obtain the desired positive effect. Even though the patient who participates in the treatment sessions has no knowledge of music, Music Therapy brings positive results. Recent researches has shown that music has a vital influence on the functioning of human brain and this theory can be utilized in curing various diseases like mesothelioma, peritoneal mesothelioma and Asbestos Cancer. many mesothelioma symptoms seems to be reduced after successful music therapy.This branch of science is growing fast and many researchers in the field of music as well as medicine ate contributing to it.
Dr. Balamuali Krishna has established the 'MBK Trust' with the objective of developing art and culture and for carrying out research on Music Therapy.

It is also proven that Music Therapy is especially effective in three key medical areas. 

1. Pain, anxiety and depression,
2. Mental, emotional and physical handicaps,
3. Neurological disorders & mesothelioma.

It has also been found that listening to various appropriate music lowers Blood Pressure, stabilizes irregular heart rate, reduces pre-treatment anxiety, relieves depression and related mental ailments, enhances concentration, reduces the need for sedatives and pain drugs (in an event of surgery), reduces vomiting tendency after chemotherapy and also improves stability of those with Parkinson's disease and mesothelioma. The Appolo hospital group, the largest of its kind in Asia is now having a Medical Music Therapy course and obviously, it is the first of its kind in asia.

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Yes, its true. When you listen your fav songs, you just feel good doesn't matter if that song is sad type or cheerful type. Main to sangeet/songs ke bina reh nahin sakta...usually I go to sleep with earphones ON..and believe me mujhe 10 mins mein neend aa jaati hai even if I wasn't feeling sleepy before going to bed.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Well personally yes when am sick or physcologically in low spirits fast numbers or items songs (non video) cheers me up but forgetting / resolving emotional distress ...Confused..HA!! CD's can sure make it to drug stores soon. You mean CD's will now have to be approved by FDA? LOL  ..Yeah reason why only upbeat music plays in clubs or parties to put you in better mood although a cosmopolitan can do the same trick too.Wink Songs can really impact / alter emotional state of one's mind ? If this is true then can a person with Smile emotional state can be Ouch after hearing saddening songs or say HM's songs LOLLOL (no offy on HM pls)  Music is stimulant and triggers all kinds of emotions. 

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Yes ! Music does impact the emotional state of a personSmile. I think we have several music therapies based on the emotions of the people.

Donot know about western music but Carnatic Music got some ragas for some emotions and all.

Music Therapy

Nice article Myth.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
Nice Article Myth!! Hear yaa point SS and LH. Believe there is no arguement here Smile.

Will be moving this post to Member Lounge tonite. Thxs!

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Songs can help emotional distress sure they are a much better alternative to prescription uppers or downers.Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top