Personal Values

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 05 January 2008 at 11:14am | IP Logged
These days most professions are regulated one way or another . Certain protocols are followed to keep work uniformed. In such situation especially in America and Canada where large number of immigrants from different countries are contributing in job market, how personal  and cultural values can affect work  place , if they do in the first place. Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Personal Values" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 05 January 2008 at 11:27am | IP Logged

the greatest impact i know is no how the break room smells - has a mix of the following
1. Sambar.
2. steak.
3. Chinese pork dish.
4. Chameli ka tel (South indian with a penchant for the same)
5. stinky pork and beef dishes.

6. punjabi dishes with strong flavor....

Thats the blend in the break-room...... LOL

Edited by qwertyesque - 05 January 2008 at 11:38am

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 05 January 2008 at 7:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

the greatest impact i know is no how the break room smells - has a mix of the following
1. Sambar.
2. steak.
3. Chinese pork dish.

Thank you very much for expanding my horizonsLOLLOLLOL

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 05 January 2008 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
That is where Diversity Training comes into picture to make employees aware of ethnic-cultural diversity. If you are in a job where dealing with different nationality-ethnic group client base it helps alot to know something about that clients business and their cultural background to be sensitive about it.

Personal experience speaking after working for a bigger corp dealing with ethnically diversed clientele base in So. Cal.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 05 January 2008 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

1. Sambar.
2. steak.
3. Chinese pork dish.

LOL LOL Bathroom mein konsa blend hoga - I cannot even imagine and don't want to..Smile

According to my 8 year old neice some Indian people(especially their coats) smell like curry and sweat.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 05 January 2008 at 11:36pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Morning_Dew

These days most professions are regulated one way or another . Certain protocols are followed to keep work uniformed. In such situation especially in America and Canada where large number of immigrants from different countries are contributing in job market, how personal  and cultural values can affect work  place , if they do in the first place. Smile

Seems like corporate world /culture is last in partaking of multiculture when hospitality , tourist, retail industry have been trained(by default and common sense) to do it for ages and have been doing it very succesfully. Corporate world consists mostly of educated people but they need most training for anything and everything.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 05 January 2008 at 11:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Morning_Dew

nahi nahi nahi don't get me started on that... haven't you heard of

1. that consultants get hired not based on skills but by the knowledge of regional language....

2. High level management meetings taking place in regional languages.

3. Americans saying Thank You Saar to Indian and Sank you to a chinese.

4. Americans who want there kids to pursue careers in IT changing thier names to Srini Wang, Suresh Yang LOL 

5. New American culture to come 15 minutesw late in meetings to show importance.

6. Americans beating asians in late coming excuses. Like Dog ran off while i took it for walk this morning .....(desi accent) but Suuurprisingly..he caaame home hutomatically ....isn't that a miracle LOLLOL

7. Wear Indian designer ware and mistaken for Halloween costume. LOL 

8. I told u nah ..cna go on and on...so take a break..not in the stinky break room qwerty talked about omg that jhingas in chinese menu smells awfull.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top