Debate on a quote by Mother Teresa

*Dakoo_Minzy* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago

This is a thought expressed by Mother Teresa.I was readin one f Robert.H.schuller's books,and i came across these words of Mother Teresa.
It made me go deep in thoughts.

"In India--- People are dying of Physical starvation.
In America--- people are dying of emotional starvation."
    Mother Teresa

Do u agree with this statement?

From her words,It seems let it be a rich country or a poor country,both are under some kind of starvation.
For Instance, we know most of American's may not even know what poverty is about.They are bought up with almost everything.
But in a developing country like India,more than half of the population is under poverty.People in India starve 'coz they dont have enough food to eat.

But dont think American's have no starvation.They have got Emotional Starvation.In India emotional starvation is quite less when comapred to  Physical one.

Do u agree with Mother Teresa??
Or do u have diffrnt opinion??

Is tere really emotional starvation in America acording to u??

how much do u agree with her words??

join in th topic
lov
minnee

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Nice post Minnie๐Ÿ˜Š

This emotional starvation is present in every place......the emotional starvation leads to emotional pollution most of the times and tha forms the basis for several crimes. Interestingly emotional starvation leads to several wonderful thoughts also๐Ÿ˜Š

Wishes,

Myth

*Dakoo_Minzy* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Nice post Minnie๐Ÿ˜Š

This emotional starvation is present in every place......the emotional starvation leads to emotional pollution most of the times and tha forms the basis for several crimes. Interestingly emotional starvation leads to several wonderful thoughts also๐Ÿ˜Š

Wishes,

Myth

agree with u!!!
Emotional starvation leads to crimesIt is what we are in short seeing in today's world.
from teenagers to older people,we dont know at wat time who'll engage in commitin a crime.
The world is becumin a hard place to liv on
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

The data is incorrect. It's not half the population, it's around 21-22% of the population is BPL.

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
she is right.. give and take a few.. america is totally messed up......from value perspective and India is screwed from living a hand to mouth existence...
~globetrotter~ thumbnail
I dont think emotional starvations exists only in America. Emotional starvations exists within all individuals (including the wealthy living within India) who lack meaning or purpose to their lives. It is more prevalent among the rich simply because many rich people adopt materialism as the sole purpose for their life and face it, after you've bought yourself everything you can afford and done everything you can afford, and there isnt much else left out there that you cant afford to buy or to do, you need much more than just materialism to keep you interested in life and in living. So yes, it is much more prevalent in our materialism centric life here in the USA, but it's not as though there is no emotional starvation at all in India too.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

she is right.. give and take a few.. america is totally messed up......from value perspective and India is screwed from living a hand to mouth existence...

Than what are you doing in America my dear Qwert Pooh ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Have you been to India lately????๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago
lighthouse thumbnail
Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Interestingly emotional starvation leads to several wonderful thoughts also๐Ÿ˜Š

Wishes,

Myth

Nice thought Myth.๐Ÿ˜‰ I totaly agree. As long as one has money and a good apetite it is not possible to starve physically or emotionally. While physically starved do not have much choice other then to die, emotionaly starved can do a lot of things- like surrounding themselves in luxury or volunteer their services  to needy around the world or donate their money.  As one ages , time goes fast and you don't need much to keep yourself busy. ๐Ÿ˜Š

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Than what are you doing in America my dear Qwert Pooh ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Have you been to India lately????๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

I agree with Varsha ji on this post completely๐Ÿ˜†.Varsha ji! Good question ๐Ÿ˜Š
Mya1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Poverty sees no name no face no colour, many countries experience poverty some more than other. There are also rich and poor people that tend to exist in the same country. America also has the poor and the rich. And I believe that emotional starvation can occur anywhere and it usually occurs from within one self. I recently went to India with my family after nearly 12 years and I could not believe what I experienced there. I was amazed to see a nation come so far since the last time I was there, I mean nearly everyone I saw was trying really hard to make a living. I am proud of my desh!!! India is booming so watch out...