India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Posts to sony tv (Page 2)

kaleidoscope Goldie
kaleidoscope
kaleidoscope

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 12:49am | IP Logged
What?? Kkusum is finishing in 5 days...don't say like that sneha (BTW nice avatar) ......It seems God is going to grant my prayersWink

buli123 Groupbie
buli123
buli123

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 1:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Daisy

Hi buli..
Although its true that shows like Kusum and all the k-serials are senseless,I still feel that Jassi is definitely a breath of fresh air to the Indian viewers.(not just Purab Wink ).Since the makers swayed away from the original story,it has ruined the series and lost some viewers,but sensible viewers like us will agree that it's definitely wiser to invest some time in Jassi than in the mawkish kekta serials.
And about the show's success,it ran successfully not only in Columbia,but also in 25 countries across the world.So,why not in India?
And I want to tell you one more thing.If you had seen the old home-page of India-Forums,you might know that there are more topics and posts in the JJKN section than in any other.Isn't this enough to show that people still consider this serial more worthwhile than the others?

its not like swinging from story line to story line . its just that  they cant , and they just cant yarn stories . the original story of blf would have been of 6 monthes length(i suppose ). cause only 6 monthes worth of the serial makes sense .look what happens when u try to pull the rubber chord .
jassi was a fresh air for first 5 to 6 monthes . then it turned stale .they tried to catch the sob story viewers with armaan's  schemes, an jassi  crying over it (oh head ache ) again.  its from then arman lost popularity . we wud have even gone for nandu as jassi's match. our decision was" just give us a break or just put these gals or us out of misery ". an speaking of not comparing it with k stories . well, it wud  well turn into one in 2 years so. cause those stories too had this type of start. just because jassi is a workin girl and k story heroines r house wifes it  doesnot make sense to make them different.  any self respecting girl wud strongly oppose such behaviour. if jassi is given enuff  sense to protest  to purav for his doings against her wish . she shud have been born with that wit to identify  armaan's wrong doings . n she wud not have been there begging for armaan sir's mercy . got the point?
     jassi is the main cast here rite? but look who rules the serial? every body saying its good for jassi to marry him or her . there is a story copyright for it . but frankly what wud you choose in your real life if u where given that choice an u were jassi (set aside this serial) . keeping in mind that  you get into the same situation .
      n it was the directors that made that purav charactor rite ? when he appeared we all were wishing for someone else to cum into her life , this armaan is a drab (he cannot do anything for himself just go on press a stressball, the directors have made him so u can say , but then the directors have made all the other characters too). so,for jassis match, anybody else wud have fitted the cast, not just a high bred one .
      n look, the time when they created betty la fea the mentality of the people were different . n in 21st century the r different . at that time these gals were too much dependent on their male counterparts to be a part of corporate world rite? but not today . even, today gals think that its well to go alone than just  go for a junk (not hunk). actually today in this corporate world armaan stands nowhere . jassi can anytime leave his company an give him back his kohinoor (that armaan so dearly wanted) but that wud not have even helped cause it is jassi who was actually running both of them .the finance decisions were her.  owning a company is no big deal .u can lose it the next day to your rival .

buli123 Groupbie
buli123
buli123

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ExoticDivinity2

JJKN is not a saas bahu soap..thats a good thing!  Most of Ekta's soaps are all saas bahu, and never ever finish, so its not really a big deal to watch her shows but both JJKN and YMLH are pretty good shows, and they are trying to teach us a lesson about society and about life.  I know that when I see Jassi, I see a lot of me in her because I used to wear the really big dorky glasses (I never had braces however), and I had really bad hairstyles all the time.  People used to make fun of me a lot...and call me names, and unlike Jassi, I'm chubby and chunky...she's thin and pretty.  Now I look better...I don't wear glasses and I am still slowly going through my makeover.   But how the kids made fun of Jassi in school and the crap she is going through with guys, is all the same stuff that actually happened to me and for me to watch this show teaches me that people need to stop criticizing how everyone looks, and look into someone's heart.  I know that it gets to be boring at times...but if you look at the positive of the show, then watch and learn something about it.  Everyone is beautiful in the inside.  That is what they are trying to show...it doesn't matter if you are ugly or beautiful. 

dear exotic divinity , i agree with u that this is not a saas bahu soap , this is a new age office soap (actually boss n secretary romance soap ) . both r painfull.
buli123 Groupbie
buli123
buli123

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 1:27am | IP Logged
n if u r thinking that the story  doesnot  stress on external beauty then u r totally wrong . look , it the original story line as u say , betty gets respect she so richly deserve after her makeova rite? n dear exotic , its good to find that u have hatched ur pupa n changed into a beatiful butterfly , but think of all those who cant . this world still thinks them as noone rite ? what wud have happened to u if u cudnt get enuff beautiful? 
Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 8:32am | IP Logged

Dear buli123,

Firstly, u r trying to tell ur views in a very complex way. It is difficult to understand what u are trying to say. Still I tried to under stand and give u some answers, as I am also a viewer of jjkn and I am also a working woman, and most importantly I do not agree with u. u said:

1.they tried to catch the sob story viewers with armaan's  schemes, and jassi  crying over it (oh head ache ) again.  its from then arman lost popularity .

friend, in a story there are always different types of characters, good, bad, and grey. Armaan is a grey character, mixed with both good and bad shades. But in real life many working girls come across with these types of characters, rite? As armaan is the protagonist of this story why are u pre-supposing that the hero should always be of ideal type? Yes he is scheming but look he is not that bad from the beginning. he is scheming 1) for his company and 2) acc to the advise of raj, i. e. his fault is that he is over-dependent on raj! Otherwise, why are u expecting that he will fall in love with jassi in the beginning, I mean , there is no reason to expect that. Its very very natural what is happening in the beginning.

2. just because jassi is a workin girl and k story heroines r house wifes it  doesnot make sense to make them different.  any self respecting girl wud strongly oppose such behaviour.

I don't understand whose behaviour u are talking about. If u are talking about armaan's behaviour, she could not know it till recently, coz, armaan never behaved badly in front of her, rather he has always been very very polite to her. If u are talking about purab's abandoning her , she could not have the opportunity to do so, coz, he left. The difference between ekta's serials and jjkn is that this serial tells u the problem of an working girl and they tell u the problems of housewives. Basically both are problems of women.

3. if jassi is given enuff  sense to protest  to purav for his doings against her wish . she shud have been born with that wit to identify  armaan's wrong doings . n she wud not have been there begging for armaan sir's mercy .

think carefully, as I have already mentioned that armaan never behaved badly with her as mallika o pari did, rather he have always been extra polite to her, she could not understand armaan's schemes. Jassi is very intelligent professionally, but one thing should not be forgotten that she came from a typical middle-class family, and she was very simple  and never comfortable with those rich , upper-class people. Its very normal for her not to understand what lies behind those sweet words of those upper-class people. As armaan has always been very very polite to her she thought him as his only real friend in that rich world. She did not beg for his mercy, but she talked to him frankly, from her deepest heart as anyone does to a real friend when he/she is very upset due to some reason.

4. what wud you choose in your real life if u where given that choice an u were jassi (set aside this serial) . keeping in mind that  you get into the same situation .

one thing u are forgetting. Jassi never loved purab, only considered him as a very good friend, although he is very very good and ideal type of person. But she loved armaan only, although he is full of imperfections. My, friend this is love! This is not mere calculation or choice as u are thinking! Love is always irrational. And one thing is very important that, may be as armaan is not perfect and as he blindly depends on jassi , that dependence made jassi's love for him. This happens sometimes, women love those men who are not fully perfect and who in some ways depend on them.

5. they created betty la fea the mentality of the people were different . n in 21st century the r different . at that time these gals were too much dependent on their male counterparts to be a part of corporate world rite? but not today . even, today gals think that its well to go alone than just  go for a junk (not hunk). actually today in this corporate world armaan stands nowhere .

I beg to differ! Bety la fea is a very recent story ,they showed it in 2001. this is not a matter of dependence.  This is love, can we live without love, or with mere calculations? We , the girls of modern age may be very successful in our careers, but sometimes we also irrationally fall in love with some people. That's why we are human beings and not beasts!! and jassi did not love armaan for his position, if that happened then she she would choose purab for that. In fact she  was marrying purab only to make her family happy and to forget armaan. Why don't u understand that she did not come to know about the reality of arman, whether he is a hunk or junk!!!!

6. jassi can anytime leave his company an give him back

jassi has known the reality of armaan now. But do u think she should give him his company back so easily? Why? The man has played with her emotions. He did not know that she loved him. She did not confess her love for him. But it is armaan who played with her emotions. So better give him some lessons and then give it back!!!

7. n if u r thinking that the story  doesnot  stress on external beauty then u r totally wrong . look , it the original story line as u say , betty gets respect she so richly deserve after her makeova rite?

No I beg to differ , coz it was the ugly betty for whom Armando became mad !!!( read the story again, I've read it very very carefully). in fact when betty returned becoming beautiful, Armando was very uncomfortable with her. He told mario, i. e. raj, that this is a different woman, I do not know her, I love my ugly betty, the earlier one . but surely, her transformation is the only week portion of this whole story. I seems that the director could not get the courage of going completely against the stereo-type, otherwise it could have been a much better story.

Any ways, don't take anything personally!Smile SmileCoz, it is only a serial about which we are discussing.  I have only mentioned my viewpoints as u did.

Daisy Senior Member
Daisy
Daisy

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Rumi,
this is for you...
Clap
Clap
Clap
Clap
Clap
Clap

Amazing,absolutely.
Actually,on the previous page of this post,I was reading bulli's replies and just gearing up to type..when I read ur post.Great rumi,you voiced each of my thoughts.Thanks so much.

Edited by Daisy - 02 January 2005 at 10:10am
radha_18 Senior Member
radha_18
radha_18

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Clap for Rumi. God bless you. Tongue
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 2:07pm | IP Logged

Rumi,I am speechless!!!!!!!Thumbs UpThumbs Up

This is for youHug

It's not about who is right or wrong but about putting your thoughts across so beautifully and without hurting any body's sentiments!!!! Lovely.Clap

Actually Daisy,even I was just going to do the same.But after reading Rumi's reply,I don't feel any need anymore.She said everything and then some moreClap

Great great jobClap  

Go to top