Caryn thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Welcome Back Supree.

Happy Birthday to your little one

Thanks Netz. 😊
kadhambari thumbnail
Originally posted by: jasunap

This is a very Indianised Chinese snack which will surely hit your taste buds.

Chili Potatoes

Ingredients:

1. 125g potatoes, boiled and cut into '-inch cube
2. 3 tbsp. plain flour
3. ' tsp. salt
4. some water
5. vegetable oil for deep frying
6. 2 tsp. vegetable oil
7. 4-5 green chilies, chopped in long shreds
8. 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
9. 1 ' tsp. soya sauce
10. 1 tbsp. chili sauce
11. 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
12. ' tsp. sugar
13. ' tsp. pepper
14. ' tsp. salt
15. 2 tbsp. fresh chopped coriander

Method:

1. Mix plain flour and salt in a bowl and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency such that it properly coats the potatoes pieces.

2. Heat oil for deep-frying the potatoes pieces. Dip each potatoes piece in the batter making sure that it's properly coated with the batter and deep-fry till brown and crispy.

3. Heat 2 tsp. oil and add green chilies and garlic and stir. Add soya sauce, chili sauce and tomato sauce and stir again.

4. Add sugar, salt and pepper and potatoes cubes and stir well.

5. Cook for a minute till the sauces coat the potatoes and stir the coriander leaves and shift to serving dish.

7. Insert a toothpick in each potato cube and serve hot.

jaz kanna,i tried this,super hit enga veetla.........my husband & my friendz liked it very much..........thanx darling.   righnow,trying only simple recipes,lemme settle down & try out others recipe too.....ok'ya sue chechi!!   b/w dp is missing,any news abt her!!
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hi super e welcome back.  and happy birthday to your little one....

ambi i am glad you enjoyed the potato recipe.  i love it too...and wholesome garlic, chilli etc makes my mouth water even as i cook it!
Vani19 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hi Supree welcome back.🤗🤗

Happy Birthday to your little one.
supree thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Dear Meli, Netra, SueAkka, Kads, Caryn, Jaz & Vani

Thank you so much for your kind welcome!!  And thanks a lot for all of your loving B'day wishes to my little son!! 😃  

Yes SueAkka, we had a nice & memorable  trip, except my dd and hubby suffered cold/fever for a few days! But you can't escape from it in your trips to India I guess, esp. when you go with kids... it's all part of the package!!  For the B'day, this time we got the cake from the Store.  At home, I made  his favorite, Badam burfi (which he calls as diamond sweets!!)  😊
kadhambari thumbnail
oh vow,badam burfi sounds gud supree..........festival seasons nearing.........can anyone give me recipe 4 paruppu kozhukattai!!! the one spicey filling in kozhukattai with moong dhal,i guess.

i've thengai kozhukattai & ellu kozhukattai recipe,is there anything else!!!
Caryn thumbnail
Ambi,

Kavitha have posted a lots of kolkattai recipes in the thread, all you need to do is find it.  😉

Sorry, I wish I had time to find them for you.

kadhambari thumbnail
Originally posted by: Caryn

Ambi,

Kavitha have posted a lots of kolkattai recipes in the thread, all you need to do is find it.  😉 Thanx a lot dear...........lemme chk it up

Sorry, I wish I had time to find them for you. No worry.........i'll find it...........thanx 4 the info daa.

Sue Nair thumbnail
Originally posted by: supree

Dear Meli, Netra, SueAkka, Kads, Caryn, Jaz & Vani

Thank you so much for your kind welcome!!  And thanks a lot for all of your loving B'day wishes to my little son!! 😃  

Yes SueAkka, we had a nice & memorable  trip, except my dd and hubby suffered cold/fever for a few days! But you can't escape from it in your trips to India I guess, esp. when you go with kids... it's all part of the package!!  For the B'day, this time we got the cake from the Store.  At home, I made  his favorite, Badam burfi (which he calls as diamond sweets!!)  😊

How sweet of him..❤️...appreciating what his amma made for his B'day. He is sweeter than your Badam Burfi, Supree...!!😆😆😆