Debate Mansion

Tulsi: You encourage shows by watching it

shriman thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Recently, here on IF, a transcript of the online chat was published that members were able to ask Smriti Irani few question on rediff and there was this one question and the answer that struck me and for those all out there who contend that wathcing serials is a waste of time.. which I agree with... here is the viewpoint of Tulsi Virani.

Question by UK (A member): Tulsi, U encourage people to watch your stupid serial and what politics, that is just another money-making machine!!!

Tulsi Virani (Smriti): I don't encourage serials, you encourage them by watching and regarding politics, I want to improve the nation, but with a username like UK, you would not understand the sentiment!

Even though I loved her response to the politics part, she is really political.... the part regarding watching her shows... she said it herself... you are encouring the show by watching it and many great saints have said.... do not watch serials... they waste your time and divert you attention... even TULSI said that indirectly.....

views plz..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Signora2 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Smriti Irani can say this and much more as her serials can be switched off by us less mortal souls, in the same vein Cigarette manufacturers can wash away their hands from the health hazards and addiction that smoking has created among millions all over the world because they very prominently print on the packs Cigarette smoking is injurious to health. A simple solution to a complex problem.
But the problem remains as it is. Smriti Irani has every right to earn a living by acting in serials that often present a distorted picture of society, but is that all ? Not really.
In her case she is not just an entertainer but a social worker (NGO) and a member of a political party that gives her advantage to voice her views but not be answerable about her own conduct, how can that be possible? Searching questions are bound to come her way when people see her as part of a system that is not dishing responsible entertainment.
Every wanna be politician wants to serve India in her case improve the nation, but with such a mindset as assuming a person with initial as UK (literally expanded means United Kingdom) is unaware of Indian culture is rather sad, UK can also be Usha Khanna, she needs to be reminded that many foreigners have contributed towards the betterment of India, many continue to do so. Long ago a frail little woman by the name of Mother Teresa taught us a lesson in selfless service and love for human beings. Signora2
Disclaimer ( This is my interpretation of the transcript, hope I have not offended any Tulsi fans)