Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 364

Sue Nair

IF-Rockerz

Sue Nair

Posted: 01 January 2008 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rojapoooo

Seasons Greetings to all IF ians. At the outset, my sincere thanks
to all our friends here who made this part 2 possible. The unfailing loyalty and support to the CK pages are  truly appreciated.

While we are at it, I would like to share a few of my thoughts here -  suggestions/guide lines - we have had a smooth sailing so far and I am sure that we want it kept that way for ever. We can conform to some guide lines when we write CKs. Well, with out spelling these out, we have been following a norm but I thought of putting them in words so that any new CK writer will find it facile to contribute in these pages.

1. Language - We need to make sure that no unparliamentary words are used -offensive, rude, unbecoming words a la serials!! - we will go through our article twice before posting and refer to the dictionary if we are not sure of the meaning  for any of the words we have used. When a word has multiple meanings depending on the context, we run the risk of  being misunderstood. So, it is imperative that we are conscious of the context and the relevance of the word we use.

2. Content - The CKs initially revolved around serial characters /directors but later on started incorporating lounge members ( yours truly needs to take 80% of the blame/credit for this!) - purely because the serials frustrated all of us and we needed to vent it out. But, we always coated that with humor and learnt to laugh at the most  silly /rubbish stories. We shall just limit ourselves to that stand. If any one is sensitive about being  commented/added in the CKs, we shall respect their feelings and avoid any further mention. Better still, let us anticipate such sensitivity and avoid them in the first place. While at this, let us not think like the serial directors/ story writers.

3. Schedule - Again originally, we just had 2 or 3 members writing CKs but now we have generated quite a few writers - we can pat our backs for this commendable achievement - with varied plots and outlooks. To enjoy every one's contribution to the fullest, we can have some kind of a schedule. Of course creativity does not follow a schedule - It is spontaneous and needs to be expressed immediately. If we can keep the CKs atleast a few days apart from each other, the article will receive its due appreciation/readership. Moot point,, eh???

Yes...totally agreeable and members would surely appreciate your thoughts. Normally everything is done purely in good faith too..however, as you mentioned we have to be certain of the right choice words used in each context so that there is no room for misconception thereafter. Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Comedy Kalakkals Part 2 (Page 3)" in Fun Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sue Nair

IF-Rockerz

Sue Nair

Posted: 01 January 2008 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rojapoooo

Please meet our sweetie pie Moony kid

Carmalajasugi Lazuli - affectionately shortened to
Calasi - Colorful, eh???? Lazuli is the surname, Daddy Laz
is more colorful!!!

For those who are not familiar with this story -  this is a
continuation of my last CK which has been archived - Pls
refer to Page 14 of Archives of CKs by Roja.

Idhu enna Carmalajasugi Lazuli???  Did you coin this word with the names of the members??? Roja... you are capable of doing it...adhu thaan ennakku oru doubt vanthathu....???LOL

Sue Nair

IF-Rockerz

Sue Nair

Posted: 01 January 2008 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Thanks Roja for such a superb kalakkal...what an unique imagination and colourful presentations....!! Clap Clap

I like the SAYNOTOSERIALS planet....looking forward to future adventures here.. Wink

eljay

IF-Veteran Member

eljay

Posted: 01 January 2008 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Roja, I like your Carmela.. whatever. But origin of the name? I agree with Sue here, you took everyone's name and made an avial out of it. He looks cute and chubby, but if he does not understand Lunu, which ought to be his mother tongue, shame on him. I am willing to give him classes, with expert help from Jaz. This is as bad as our saying that we do not speak Tamil, so I am happy to let you know that for the next 12 days, there will be Lunu classes in my home from 7 p.m to 5 a.m daily.

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 01 January 2008 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
Sue, thanks for the compliments. Also, thanks a lot for your comments on my suggestions - I need feed backs - bouquets or brick bats - to make this place
 "the best"!! Well, on your guess about Calasi - yes, I am capable of any thing (Mad Roja is a force to reckon, eh??? Embarrassed Embarrassed) - but this time I did not make use of the names of members. How ever, thanks for the idea - might keep it as a rain check!!!! Big smileBig smileBig smile

Edited by rojapoooo - 01 January 2008 at 5:09pm

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 01 January 2008 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
Eljay - Did I say that Calasi did not understand Lunu?? noooo, I think
u need to read the CK again. Calasi is an extremely intelligent kid -
if he hears a language for just 5 mins, he can speak the same like a
native. And, it was Jas who was at a loss to understand the torrential
Lunu spoken by Calasi, when he saw his father searching for him on the
screen!!! Wait till Calasi hears your comment - he has shades of red
- unused!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed

Edited by rojapoooo - 01 January 2008 at 5:07pm

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 01 January 2008 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
I will wait for inputs from all our regulars -
the origin of Calasi - and post the answer on
Thursday - before Nallu posts her CK. Time enough
to go wild???

sankadevi30

IF-Rockerz

sankadevi30

Posted: 01 January 2008 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
roja akka i am thinking abt the name origin(calasi) is it something like "final" i dont know??

may be u shud tell me instead LOL LOL LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top