Discussion:* Does Age matter..? *

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
Hii friends,

So some of you must have seen the comments made on Age in a thread!
Then i thought why not creating a general thread on Age to see what others think?πŸ˜›

Age indicates maturity, and decision making ability. And it's a clue to how out-of-shape your body is. !

8 year old kid: fit, lithe and full of life (but a bit pimply).
81 year-old: no pimples, but lots of sagging.

Okay Here is the Main Question: Does Age matter??
Why and why not...When and when not...?πŸ˜‰

There are 2 popular quotes:

• "Age is nothing but a number"
  • " Age means nothing when you fall in love"
What are ur comments on these 2 quotes...πŸ˜›

Please show respect for other's opinions even if u might not agree with themπŸ˜‰

Happy Discussing..
Love,
Gracella

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Gracella

Hii friends,

So some of you must have seen the comments made on Age in a thread!
Then i thought why not creating a general thread on Age to see what others think?πŸ˜›

Age indicates maturity, and decision making ability. And it's a clue to how out-of-shape your body is. !

8 year old kid: fit, lithe and full of life (but a bit pimply).
81 year-old: no pimples, but lots of sagging.

it doesnt matter in most of the cases...😳

for friendship..it surely doesnt matter...and neither does for having a chat or discussion....
but for marriage...as u said..it wud matter...but then again it depends on one's mind...how mature or immature it is....

its not jus a number btw...but something more than that...its importance varies in different situations...

i agree...but they shud have something else in common if not the age...to keep the love going..😳

Please show respect for other's opinions even if u might not agree with themπŸ˜‰

Happy Discussing..
Love,
Gracella

my comments in pink......😳

TrustYourSelf thumbnail

Main Question: Does Age matter??

In my opinion..generally speaking...Age doesn't matter in most situations...
What it really comes down to is personality. You must have enough in common, values, outlook on life etc to make it work..no matter how much age difference there is.. 

Once in a while the age gap does show itself in minor ways such as things the other person hasn't ever seen or heard of compared to you..

At times age does not seem to matter it all depends on the chemistry between two people, but It does matter when it comes to love/marriage/getting children....

i think it means that if u are meant to get connected with someone it doesn't matter how much the age difference is
I think it does matter...coz you have a lot to consider: marriage,career, children, etc.
That's why i'm sticking to my plan...Only a gap of 5 years maximumπŸ˜‰

Love,
Gracella

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Main Question: Does Age matter??
Age matters when people doing wired things in Imature way...In our society theres  lots of restriction...but mind dont have...some people care the society..some dont...its depend on individual thinking..😳
Then about Love matters....Age difference is nt a big issue now a days. Love n war happen anytime..but very difficult to stop it...you can love the person anytime anywere but it not imp need a physical relationship in that love..love is the feeling or its the discovery of ourselfs in others...
just do it.. in right way...πŸ˜ƒ

"Age is nothing but a number"
I think the auther mean not age Difference its lovers list???πŸ˜†πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

True.....i agree with this quoteπŸ˜ƒ

With love n love only....

Vinu's

Geet4u thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Age does not matures anyone, its the circumstances in life. 8-10yr old can be more matured than 18-20yr old b'coz of the circumstances they have faced in life. I think age is very a high price to pay for maturity.

Does Age matter??
Why and why not...When and when not...?

Age does matters, but cannot be considered as important element. Like you won't stop learning because you are aged. but yes, according to me, for marriages it does matters. Its better to have some kind of age balance.

• its your own outlook. its the term people use for their own convenience.

Age means nothing when you fall in love

yes, very true. person of every age needs love. but then again, as i mentioned earlier, i feel there should be some kind of age balance.

Lovers Ka Love thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
    Age dOes matter but Only if there is a matter... peOple nOw-a-days keep the very first thing in frOnt Of any issue is the pOint that what we are giving... sumtimes a 10 years Older child speaks sumthing much mOre then an experienced uncle.. yup... but i case Of lOve it really matter... if yOu lOve sum1 16 years older then yOu, then it really changes the meaning Of the relatiOnship and if yOu are fallin fOr a persOn 16 years yOunger then yOu then same thing happen...
    souro thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

You guys have started a debating topic here.😲 πŸ€”... I'll give my views on this but please don't jump on me if you disagree with them.πŸ˜› Though I agree with the others that age matters in love and marriage, but I think there's more than that.

Age matters. But when we talk about age we don't just mean the chronological age but the mental and physical age too. Since the latter two are not so easy to measure, unfortunately we are forced to go for the chronological age as an easy reference to the other two.

As for why and when. Why- well because age gives us an idea of the other person, their choice, their ability, their experience, knowledge, etc. etc.

When- I'll say every single time, there's not a moment when we don't judge others, and age just forms one of the base for that. A person's age and consecutively physical strength determines whether s/he is capable of certain work or not. A person's mental age or maturity determines how well s/he can handle certain situations. Moreover, we try to adjust or conform our actions based on the age of others arround us. You talk in a different way to a kid than with people the same age as yours and people much older to you. Consciously or unconsciously we associate certain characteristics with certain age. You will buy gifts, behave with them, go out with them based on those notions that you've formed at the back of your mind. You'll gift a Barbie to a kid not a Charles Dickens novel, though she might love reading more than playing with dolls. You'll appreciate or even like the dressing sense of the elderly but you'll take special care not to be seen in public in such clothes and if some girl of your age dress like that you'll say she's looking like bhabiji and has no sense of fashion. Because you associate certain dressing norms with certain ages.

I won't say whether it's wrong or right. Right because it helps us form a general idea of the other person. Wrong because it remains general and may not imply for that particular person.

"Age is nothing but a number"

As geet4u said people use these according to their convenience. Marry an old wrinkly millionaire for his money and then say that age doesn't matter in love, how convenient.

Ok, I think you're bored enough by now, so go and read something else.πŸ˜›

@Lara: tumhari khwaish poori huyi. Now you've seen me debating too, though on a much more mild level.πŸ˜ƒ

fly2me thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
    Hiya,

Sorry i am late😳.

nice topic gracy.πŸ‘

it matters but only in few cases...😳

for friendship,chat or discussion......it surely doesnt matter...
    but for marriage....it wud matter...but then again it depends on one's mind..

its not jus a number and something more than that...its important in different situation.😳

i agree...but in this case love is more important then age..😳

xxxx

-Lara😊

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
    @Lara: arrey i thought i was reading Star's post again...have u quoted her..? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

@ Soumya: aha..u wanted to impress lara..? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
    souro thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

@ Soumya: aha..u wanted to impress lara..? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Oye, maine yeh kab kaha?? πŸ˜• But are you feeling jealous thinking it's so?? πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Edited by souro - 16 years ago