Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 26 December 2007 at 8:15am | IP Logged

Hello Friends

The year 2007 coming to an end.. There were many ups and downs in Indian Television.. But what ruled the industry were the list of reality shows.. Channel and Production Houses got benefited along with the telecom industry.. There were too many reality shows based on music, dance, comedy and various other subjects.. Audience got connected to every other contestant and the boring weekends turned out to be the days of excitement, drama, music and masti..

If it was reality shows that pulled the audience, then the TV soaps were not very far.. Many new faces got introduced and many serials stepped in the limelight.. Many serials got their dedicated audience and the actors became popular.. The writers were busy thinking on new plots and actors busy shifting their serials..

But which one did you enjoy the most??
Which one do you prefer watching??
Reality Shows Or the TV serials, which excites you the most??

If on one hand reality shows provide a platform for showcasing the talent, then TV serials gave their own part of entertainment..

But overall, who rules the industry?? TV soaps or Reality Shows??

So, what are you waiting for.. Put down your thoughts and start debating for your side to win..

Happy Debating!!!

DM Dev Team  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

raj5000

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate - Reality Shows Vs TV Soaps" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Arshie

Goldie

Arshie

Posted: 26 December 2007 at 9:08am | IP Logged
if u ask me, i'll go for the daily soaps, ( not that i like crying, LOL) but i feel that we have been watching the soap for quite a long time, and we would continue to do so.

Reality shows come and go, they don't last forever (like most of the soaps of today.. LOL don't feel like ending at all.)

and i do watch a few reality shows, but if i missed a soap that i regularly watch, i would be more curious to know what happened, than what would have happened in a show that i started watching only recently.

I agree that reality shows are a great platform for showcasing our talent, but not everybody gets to do that because of the voting procedure, but whereas in a soap, the person selected and performing the role, has got a perfect chance to display all his/her talent.

I would thus support the daily soaps. Embarrassed

Edited by Arshie - 26 December 2007 at 9:09am

live_life

IF-Rockerz

live_life

Posted: 26 December 2007 at 10:02am | IP Logged
I like Reality shows better because we could connect to them and we get a break from the crying even though we get those free in reality shows LOL but really i think reality shows have that whole package with the suspense even though soaps have that too, this time its for real or its acting lol....

sonia0101

sonia0101

Posted: 26 December 2007 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Hi all,

I like reality TV shows as atleast they help someone to achieve their AIM in life.

I know the promotors/producers of the show make lot of money, but it really brings out the talent from India's every corner.

Other SOAPs are same story everywhere on every channel...

so reality show is my way to go :)

Cheers.

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 26 December 2007 at 10:33am | IP Logged

Interesting post, I will go for both and it actually depends on what you are
looking for. I normally watch TV just to get some entertainment, to cool
and relax in front the TV Smile

Some of the daily soaps are just crap and some lives up to its
expectations basically they do have the same story line over and over and
over the only thing that changes is the actors and actresses. Look at
Ekthas soaps, most of storylines resemble each in one or other way, the
creative most think the life's are only about saas-bahu fights, to begun
with the story will be good but after a few months, it will go around
circlesLOL . Daily soaps have too much of dragging, female leads will
cry buckets of water, multiple marriage, domestic violence etc etc. Many
new talents get a chance, we have got many new actors/actress this year
in serials like Kasturi, Kayamath, CHA, KIT etcEmbarrassed

Reality shows has so many competitions between channels, so they are
forced to come up with something new, otherwise they will lose viewers.
But some of the shows loses it charm, the first season is always better
than the rest, contest shows have poor biased judgments, irritating
participants etc…. Dead

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 26 December 2007 at 10:41am | IP Logged
It's actually very hard to pick between the two because both of them are totally opposite of each other and offer two different things.. sometimes you want to see both.  If you had asked me to pick one of the two serials I would have been able to pick but not between serials and reality shows.

I like some of the serials like BMTD and Salaam Zindagi because they are different and have a bit different storyline.  I don't like the always crying favorite bahu but I like how the serials are sometimes closer to life and show what happens and/or can happen.  Besides we begin to connect with the characters a lot... they become part of our life!

But I also love reality shows like JDJ... It doesn't only give fame but also fulfills someone's goal... as Prachi wanted to build a house for her Mom which I hope she can do now.. They are at times more interesting because you see the celebrities as they are, in their true form and not just portraying one of the characters they are given.

So hard to pick between the two because they offer different things.  I'd go for both.

*Eva*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Eva*

Posted: 26 December 2007 at 10:51am | IP Logged
I watch both. I prefer reality shows though because they don't come too often a week. Its full of twists and turns. For soaps, it doesn't matter if you miss an episode, nothing happens! LOL

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 26 December 2007 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Even through i feel reality shows are better bec they help us know the real person and at the same time showcase real talent, i feel the soaps are better. Bec often what the reality shows show is not the reality. A lot of it is the TRPs game which not only plays with the emotions of the contestant but also the viewer. The viewer believes whatever is being shown in the reality show as its a reality show however this is often not the reality. At the same time the viewer knows dat wat is being shown in Dramas is fiction and thus does not believe it. So i feel the lack of standard in the reality shows have greatly dissapointed me and thus i prefer tv soaps. Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top