India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Latest TRP Ratings (Page 4)

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Mr2006 a trp of 2.6 is actually higher than it was when Purab was in the show.

chayya Groupbie
chayya
chayya

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
 Good point surnita.
MR2006 Groupbie
MR2006
MR2006

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 3:44pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by surnita

Mr2006 a trp of 2.6 is actually higher than it was when Purab was in the show.

I am well aware of it. What I said was JJKN is coming in the chart once as opposed to twice. That means that overall or on average it is not doing as well.

Edited by MR2006 - 02 January 2005 at 3:45pm
MR2006 Groupbie
MR2006
MR2006

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Relax,no one's is blaming you.As we said,we all are trying to figure out what makes Kkusum tick with the audience.Even a serial like Astitva can't seem to beat it!!!!!

Weird is probably what works!!!!!

No, I am not taking any blames. I also tried to figure out why Ekta serials work. Weird is all Kkusum is, so I guess that works with the audience. But it may also be the way the screen looks in her serials, all decorated, etc.

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MR2006

Mr 2006,the discussion here is not whether JJKN is doing well with or without Purab.JKN is doing fine without Purab.The last week charts showed something different from this one which proves it.The discussion here is happening because all of us are trying to figure out why Kusum is doing better than JJKN.

And Kkusum certainely doesn't have Purab and we can't think of anyother factor which is making it fare better, other than the ones we have posted above.Any ideas??

I saw last week's chart where JJKN appeared only once (2.6) as opposed to at least twice.

Kkusum and other Ekta serials hail above all others because Ekta spends more money on her sets, actors' costumes, etc. She spends more money on the contumes than JJKN. Just look at all the recycled comtumes that the JJKN stars wear, they will tell you. Most people find that interesting to see. The glamour is what drags the most audience.

I don't watch her shows regularly, so don't blame me for justifying her as if I was a fan. I am not. Her soaps basically don't have stories or a set pattern. They are full of weird surprises. That's why many find it difficult to understand why it does so well.

well saidClapClapClap....for those who are confused why ekta serials excel...in one word she has good intutions  and great style(it is killing me to say this). last week in kkusum the track moved to garv knowing about kali's deceit, shady characters in shimla, and kumud hoping for garv's love....the total thing was actually interesting to watch...garv's reaction excelled...kkusum disappointed . viewers felt even more sympathetic to kumud and kshitij and hated kali for her sucide attempts to blackmail garv into staying(in short ...it brought a plethora of emotions in viewers and everyone got hooked back to see how the family deals with latest crisis)

on the other hand jassi has been crying still over her looks and fate(it is almost three weeks now).....one would hope that she could move on ...honestly kumud is more justified in her tears than jassi and she does it better. is it any surprise that ratings fell.

now for astitva and kkusum...both the shows are great in terms of acting, set and costumes(jjkn is very poorly dealt in this arena). simran and kusum are both selfless do-gooders however kusum is more vocal and has a dark side(the way she deals with nikita, arundhati , tashu, esha and all the other vamps), also abhay is her achilles heal...kkusum does everything with the good of family in mind even if it means being unfair to someone she loves and she realises it. simran(forgive me for saying this) but is on some sort of mission, she interferes in everyone's life with no interest of her own(kusum never did that unless she was asked or it was her family on stake) to the extent it becomes irritating (think of manas and abhi's life). she does good with an idealistic streak with no concern for those involved(kkusum cares...even when she is being stupid ).

abhimanyu has married three times but he still shows no sign of maturity or growing up or even knowing his mind. his relationship with all his wives have been passionless for more reasons than one. abahy in kkusum has married 5 time if i am right and all his relationships have been passionate and with some reason(even if they were stupid) and he has grown with each of those relationships.

bottomline: astitva is a good show with too much of an idealistic streak and tends to slow down every other week boring the viewers.jjkn had a good story which went kaput in name of creativity, the shows outlook is very shabby and they seem to be dragging lately....the producers don't know the meaning of word balance.kkusum shines inspite of its ridiculous story bcoz of great get-up, acting....costumes.....perverse curosity, fast speed,countinously changing tracks that keep viewer guessing and a balance between the sweet and spicy factor in the story. 

Edited by pj04 - 02 January 2005 at 7:51pm
chayya Groupbie
chayya
chayya

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 7:38pm | IP Logged

I watch Kkusum by default and especially towards the end while waiting for jjkn.It sucks big time and both kumud & kali suck.I like Garv though.I don't think her costumes & style are anything to rave about.They are same in all the serials and some even sank without trace despite the costumes.

I hate her serials.

MR2006 Groupbie
MR2006
MR2006

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pj04

Originally posted by MR2006

Mr 2006,the discussion here is not whether JJKN is doing well with or without Purab.JKN is doing fine without Purab.The last week charts showed something different from this one which proves it.The discussion here is happening because all of us are trying to figure out why Kusum is doing better than JJKN.

And Kkusum certainely doesn't have Purab and we can't think of anyother factor which is making it fare better, other than the ones we have posted above.Any ideas??

I saw last week's chart where JJKN appeared only once (2.6) as opposed to at least twice.

Kkusum and other Ekta serials hail above all others because Ekta spends more money on her sets, actors' costumes, etc. She spends more money on the contumes than JJKN. Just look at all the recycled comtumes that the JJKN stars wear, they will tell you. Most people find that interesting to see. The glamour is what drags the most audience.

I don't watch her shows regularly, so don't blame me for justifying her as if I was a fan. I am not. Her soaps basically don't have stories or a set pattern. They are full of weird surprises. That's why many find it difficult to understand why it does so well.

well saidClapClapClap....for those who are confused why ekta serials excel...in one word she has good intutions  and great style(it is killing me to say this). last week in kkusum the track moved to garv knowing about kali's deceit, shady characters in shimla, and kumud hoping for garv's love....the total thing was actually interesting to watch...garv's reaction excelled...kkusum disappointed . viewers felt even more sympathetic to kumud and kshitij and hated kali for her sucide attempts to blackmail garv into staying(in short ...it brought a plethora of emotions in viewers and everyone got hooked back to see how the family deals with latest crisis)

on the other hand jassi has been crying still over her looks and fate(it is almost three weeks now).....one would hope that she could move on ...honestly kumud is more justified in her tears than jassi and she does it better. is it any surprise that ratings fell.

now for astitva and kkusum...both the shows are great in terms of acting, set and costumes(jjkn is very poorly dealt in this arena). simran and kusum are both selfless do-gooders however kusum is more vocal and has a dark side(the way she deals with nikita, arundhati , tashu, esha and all the other vamps), also abhay is her achilles heal...kkusum does everything with the good of family in mind even if it means being unfair to someone she loves and she realises it. simran(forgive me for saying this) but is on some sort of mission, she interferes in everyone's life with no interest of her own(kusum never did that unless she was asked or it was her family on stake) to the extent it becomes irritating (think of manas and abhi's life). she does good with an idealistic streak with no concern for those involved(kkusum cares...even when she is being stupid ).

abhimanyu has married three times but he still shows no sign of maturity or growing up or even knowing his mind. his relationship with all his wives have been passionless for more reasons than one. abahy in kkusum has married 5 time if i am right and all his relationships have been passionate and with some reason(even if they were stupid) and he has grown with each of those relationships.

bottomline: astitva is a good show with too much of an idealistic streak and tends to slow down every other week boring the viewers.jjkn had a good story which went kaput in name of creativity, the shows outlook is very shabby and they seem to be dragging lately....the producers don't know the meaning of word balance.kkusum shines inspite of its ridiculous story bcoz of great get-up, acting....costumes.....perverse curosity, fast speed,countinously changing tracks that keep viewer guessing and a balance between the sweet and spicy factor in the story. 

Thanks Pj04. I completely agree with you about Ekta and her serials. As for JJKN, many may argue that Rohit Bal or someone, I am not too sure, is the designer for Armaan's clothes, but to tell you the truth, I saw many instances where all the three actors were given the same things to wear, or at least, the same types of things. If anyone realized, may be I am nit-picky, but once I even saw Purab's yellow shirt on Armaan which looked too big for him. That gave me a good laughLOL. It might have not been the same one but, the appearance told me so. Just thought that I would share this info with you...The only one who seems to be better off in clothings than the rest is Mallika, but her's are all from Satta Paul, and getting quite boring by now. I thought that maybe because the show dealt with the fashion world, it will be more trendy, etc. But that's not the case. Maybe L'oreal will bring in something new but those would be strictly restricted to the fashion show, not any of the cast of JJKN. Wonder what Jassi will wear once she transforms (L'oreal? Hmm...). For those of you who watch the show, this might be something new.  

Go to top