Few points that ponder my mind

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 years ago

Neha knew what she got into. But then Simran was the one who pushed Abhi and Neha's relation.

Neha always felt that abhi liked Simran but it was one sided as per abhi and Neha because Simran did not respond so much then. She kept her distance and she encouraged neha and abhi's relationship.

I think simran had her ego holding on to her, which is fair...but if she really loved Abhi and cared for him so much then she should have put her ego aside and gone ahead to speak atleast once for astha's sake. She did not do that. Abhi was hesitant because he did not want to hurt simran's feelings again and loose her friendship too. More over, Dr Abhimanyu was also in Simran's life and abhi knew manu was her first love and he did not want to come into their life. Manu also felt the closeness but Simran always denied.

Neha's mom asked the direct question to simran and simran had an opportunity to reaveal her feelings to a woman atleast. She did not even sound confused, she was more confirmed that she did not have feelings for abhi. After all this, neha's mom, abhi's parents, abhi, simran everyone convinced Neha and that is when she really accepted the proposal. she probably expected less of Simran's involvement.

Neha would have been OK too if simran had maintained her distance. She always convinced herself that it was OK with the friendship. But how can one be so quite even after seeing simran getting so desperate with  her feelings on Neha's bed. Simran just proved that she is not over with her feelings, which Neha was never confirmed with all this time. What can she do know...she can not step back...neha loves abhi truely and even if she wanted to step back...will simran agree or abhi agree...I don't think so...

They have another reason to be tied together...their baby on the way...

I really like simran and she is doing the best and she is more close to an woman's character. At the same time, Neha is potrayed as another type of woman, who just cares about her family and nothing else matters to her more. She too is a very nice person.

I really like both their characters. I feel both are strong. But what simran is doing right know is not correct.

What happens when she falls in love with Dr. Brian? Can she cover the holes that she has created in relationships? No, she will just move on...and what will happen when Neha dies..(I really don't want that to happen), will she come to Abhi then, inspite of her new feelings that has evolved with Dr Brian? That is where my mind is stuck right know and I will have to see how the story moves from here...I am very curious...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I do beg to disagree with you on two counts,that neha did not know of Simran's and Abhi's involvement with each other.Abhi could not have been clearer and Simran too was obviously invoved.Moreover,not once did Neha try to get Simran and Abhi back.In fact she was scared that Abhi would go back to Simran and she didn't want to loose him.

It was also not Simran's ego which kept her from confiding her feelings.It was the fear of redicule and rejection that she would have had to face from her father and friends as well as her insecurity of the age gap between her and Abhi which stopped her from going back to Abhi.I don't know whether you watched the earlier episodes but Simran's father went all out in ostrasizing his daughter from his life when she had first married Abhi and ultimately he was proven right in not trusting Abhi.Simran could not afford to do it a second time.The emotional pressure of her father was too much.

anitha.b thumbnail

I agree with the points you have Minnie. Neha never tried to bring back Simran and Abhi together. She was not that close to Simran that she felt comfortable probably talking about it. But did she not question Abhi about Simran and since Simran was also getting married to manu then...they did not push on their relation. I remember Neha was bit relived when she saw manu in Simran's life.

I don' say that she is all correct (neha), I just feel what happened previously, based on what simran pushed and what abhi committed to, Simran should not feel attracted to Abhi. How can she fickle her mind so fast. When Manu was their, she did not get so emotional about Abhi and infact when she got to know Manu's truth she was more disturbed than she was when Abhi ditched her.

I agree Mr Mathur has been pushing too much of restrictions when it comes to Abhi. He probably never liked him in the first place and he is also partially responsible for what simran is suffering today.

Even though she had pressure from everyone and she was scared about the whole thing, why did she have to push Abhi and Neha's relationship.  Abhi would have never come forward for neha. So what if Neha's mom asks Simran for help. She could have given some reason and slipped, who asked her to be the godess of sacrifice. She should have seriously given a thought about Abhi and Infact everyone (her sister, pranay, abhi's parents and even manas to an extent) felt that simran did a mistake by pushing neha and abhi and instead should have thought about herself. It would have been only Mr Mathur that she would have needed to explain and convince then. I don't think he would have been angry for that long. If they had told him that for Astha's sake they have to give another shot, I don't think he would have backed. He would have his own confusions and fear but slowly would have got his confidence back.

Edited by smisha - 19 years ago
Minnie thumbnail

I agree with you completely that both Simran and Neha are strong and basically very nice.But I feel Neha's failure of being a good human being is more than Simran's.

Simran is wrong in not being able to overcome her emotional turmoil.But then the suffering she has gone through is simply monumental.She lost her mother,her sister,saw her younger sister become a widow,lost her husband for whom she incurred the wrath of the whole world to another woman and saw him take her for a complete ride,lost her marriage,lost her sister in law and even got blamed for it,had acids thrown at her,had her hospital burnt down,and then found her long lost friend and first love only to know he too had not been truthful to her not to mention that first time around she got cheated she had a nervous breakdown and second time around she almost lost her life.All this in just a space of 4 years.

A repentent Abhi's emotional attatchment to Simran is understandable.But compared to Simran,Neha hardly went through anything other than her mother's mental instability which again thanks to Simran got rectified.That way Neha has much more to thank Simran for than she is ready to credit.One selfless gesture when she at least knew of Abhi's devotion could have been her effort to get him and Simran together,if nothing else than for Abhi & Astha's sake.That becomes more glaring and repulsive because basically she is a nice girl and hence expectations of selfless attitude increase manifold.So compared to Simran,Neha's eagerness to get what she wants at any cost discounting everything else does look very selfish as well as grossly self centred.

h

anitha.b thumbnail

Great Points 👏👏👏 Minnie. You have an excellent point about Neha and Simran.

As I said, Neha is only worried about herself and her family. She has seen the sacrifice made for her too, but she is the other type of woman, who just cares for their family and nothing else matters to them more than that. And also the lack of a man in her growing may have some effect. Thus she being more over protective and possesive about abhi.

Simran has done a lot and she is always potrayed as a woman with nice gesture, helpful and very caring. May be that is why she faced lots of ups and downs.

"sachaiye ka raasta bahut katin hota hain"

Simran ne na kewal sachiye ko apnaya, lekin neki bhi usme bahut hain...

Seeing her being so selfless, it kind of comes to my mind, why is she getting so emotional about abhi...past is past and she should move on.

I don't know if you have noticed recently, they are showing more of her woman desires...

I mean she is getting emotional with abhi like this and at the same time, she is not kind of able to take the closeness of Manas and Riya...I am talking about at present what is happening in US. If you see, she kind of makes a face when she sees riya and manas together and she seems to be confused. I think did she expect him to be like her and not have anyone else in his life.

She should know manas that he is helping urmila as a friend and because she is the mother of his child and not because he loves her. If he loved and cared for her, urmila would have never been in this suitation. Manas is moving on...

I am just doind this as debate. I have so much in my head, so I am just writing them here...nothing offensive or against.

Minnie thumbnail

Hey smisha,I know that.That's why I love this forum.Nothing like a good debate to perk you up.

Everyone has different opinions and that makes the world all the more interesting.

We see all kind of ppl around us and some are more nicer than others.Neha too has her good qualities,just like any other normal girl and Simran has her bad points,just like any other woman.

Simran has always been shown to be stubborn and doesn't ever take to any advise.Anandi warned again and again about Kiran and abhi but she stubbornly refused to even listen to her advise.trust is OK but the other person is not a fool either.She also tends to keep doing things her way,especially if she thinks it's right.That's exactly what's happening even now.Deep inside she doesn't want anything to happen to Abhi & Neha's marriage (evident from her outburst when she saw Abhi giving credit to her in the tv interview instead of Neha) but she doesn't want to accept the truth that Neha and Abhi don't require her advises every time something happens in their lives.

This shows her emotional despair but doesn't make her bad.Neha on the other hand is self centred,doing everything to make herself happy....... even bringing Astha over not a gesture to bring father - daughter together but rather was to make Abhi happy so he would not become estranged from her ................ hence her actions day by day are becoming more and more selfish designed to fullfill her own happiness and no one else.

How many good ppl we have seen to have become more and more selfish as the life has progressed leaving us ruing in grief at their slow change of character and said to ourselves - this guy/girl has changed so much,he/she had never been like this before................ 

anitha.b thumbnail

Very true Minnie. Some of the points you mentioned, I frankly never thought so deeply I should say. Especially Neha getting to be more selfish. During Astha's bday, two things I felt should have not happened was

1. Simran's outburst

2. nehas saying it seems like Astha's function. When she agreed to do that in her house and she also should know that she is a kid and many of the friends and relatives she invited are related to simran too...

Simran's character was potrayed very selfless and very caring person and I did not like the aspect that know she is deeply getting affected with Neha and Abhi's relation. It is time for her to move. Probably it is more easy to say than to feel. But I think it is hard with those times and she being very sensitive needs to figure out a way to move on...

Very well said Minnie. You really have a very good points and also a very different angle on looking at the whole suitation.

Minnie thumbnail
        Yes,it's definitely time Simran moved on.......Especially now what has happened has happened,cannot be turned back or changed.She needs to figure out what she needs from life and channelise her energies to aceive that rather than looking for small pleasures by playing 'big sisterly ex wife' to Abhi & Neha.
anitha.b thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

'big sisterly ex wife' to Abhi & Neha.

that one is so funny but true Minnie...😆

chayya thumbnail
😆😆😆 That so funny minnie.