FF: Zindagi, final chap pg 6

bdev thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Link to my new FF Dil Se

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/824128

ZINDAGI

Hi. This is my first ff, having been inspired by all the writers here. Hope you all like it. I am not a good writer by any means, so please overlook any mistakes.

CHAPTER 1

She stared longingly at the dark road through her window. The cold wind shook her to her bones. She shivered and pulled the shawl tighter around herself.

It was midnight and there was still no sign of her husband. She signed and looked at the full moon that had seemed to envelop the night with a beautiful glow. She wished things had been different. But it had been this way ever since she got married. He would return home late, drunk and flop on his bed. All this time, he never acknowledged her in any way but she still chose to wait up for him. He was her husband after all; for better or worse. She was a good cultured woman, and she knew her responsibilities towards her husband and family.

Suddenly, she was shaken from her thoughts with a car honk. She peered ahead and saw her husband's car enter the driveway as the guard hurriedly opened the gate for him. She was relieved that he was home, and prayed softly.

Soon she heard his heavy footsteps entering his room. She waited a couple of minutes and then walked softly into his room. He had passed out in his bed again. She stood at the door and cautiously proceeded to enter. She knelt beside him and slowly took off his shoes. He mumbled something unintelligible, turned his face towards her and became quiet. She remained still for a minute, making sure he wasn't awake and then covered him with the comforter so he wouldn't feel cold later in the night. Then she stood back up and stared lovingly at him for a moment. He was definitely the most handsome man she had ever seen, a strong chiseled jaw and well defined features, but his most beautiful feature, she had to contend were his eyes. They were the most expressive eyes, and though lately she had never seen them filled with anything but irritation and anger, she remembered a time when it was filled with love, and for a moment she wished she had been the recipient of that deep penetrating look.

She noticed a strand of his dark hair lay carelessly across his forehead. She wanted to move it away from his perfect features, and though highly tempted, she chose not to. She was scared to face his wrath if he knew she had touched him. A lone tear slipped down her cheek. She walked towards the door, looked back at her husband one more time, shut the door and walked to her room. She was not welcome in his, and was staying in the guest room down the hall.

She sat on her bed, and pulled her knees up to rest her weary head on. All the thoughts and emotions she had been feeling all this time caught up to her. Suddenly, she felt her chest tighten and a fresh bought of tears coming on and so she cupped her mouth with her hands to remain silent as she sobbed bitterly. Meera Walia found herself crying herself to sleep tonight once again, just as she had done every night for the last 5 years.

Please let me know if I should continue. All comments welcome.šŸ˜Š

BD

Edited by bdev - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shu2121 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
gud start cont soon   šŸ˜ƒ
momtajbegum1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
great start šŸ˜‰
i really thought it was Bani at the beginning but no it was Meera šŸ¤¢ i hope its not going to be a j&m ff

so what happend? why did meera get married to Jai and whats his problem why does he come home drunk šŸ˜•

plz cont soon

Taj

Heartbreak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
okay its a good start...but the sad part is meera jai wife did'nt like that aahh! want bani back please
jnawaz thumbnail
oooh...goos start...for a minute i thought that it was bani who was waiting for jai..but haila..it is meera...so the ff is taking place post leap...oh wow...lets see what happend...but have to say...feel for meera..

continue soon
JAZ
Seemi_Usa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Heartbreak

okay its a good start...but the sad part is meera jai wife did'nt like that aahh! want bani back please

I Agree With You.

bdev thumbnail
Thanks for all your comments. This ff is definitely a jb one. Jai and bani belong to each other, according to me. But I dislike Meera's character on the show. I mean what kind of 'majboori' would make a woman marry an already married man? I feel she has no excuse. So I wanted to give her a chance to redeem herself in my ff. I have actually given her a 'majboori', but when she realizes everything is not exactly as she was told (hint----jigyasa šŸ¤¢ , will actually help in getting jb together.

BD.

P.S I will post the update later today, one more Meera episode and then flashback.....
bdev thumbnail
Chapter 2

As the sun rays filtered into her room, Meera woke up. She looked at the clock next to her bed which read 6 am. She wearily pulled herself out of the bed and entered the bathroom to get ready. She wore a light blue saree and stood in front of the mirror. She filled her partition with sindoor, and applied light kohl around her eyes. Finally she put her mangalsutra and headed towards the kitchen. Tony greeted her with a smile.

Good morning madam, how are you today? he asked.

Good Tony, thanks for asking. Is Jai's breakfast ready?

Yes maam, I was just about to take it to his room.

Okay she nodded slightly and turned around to busy herself in the kitchen.

Tony put the food and a cup of coffee on the tray and as he walked up the stairs he couldn't but feel sorry for Mrs Walia. She seemed like a very nice lady, he had gotten to like her. She was soft spoken and cultured. She seemed to genuinely care about everyone in the house including Mr Walia. Bani madam would have definitely approved, he said softly and with a sad face brushed away the thought. He wished that things wouldn't have come to this. He knocked gently at the door, and heard a gruff voice acknowledging and telling him to come in. He entered to find Mr Walia putting on his Patek Philippe watch. Jai glanced at him through the mirror and indicated for the food to be kept down on the table. Tony set it down, and asked softly, would there be anything else sir?

No, Jai replied and busied himself in getting ready for work.

Tony left and sadly shook his head. Mr Walia never ate meals with the family anymore. He preferred eating alone in his room, without any interruptions.

Jai looked at himself in the mirror. As he fumbled with his tie, he suddenly remembered Bani fussing over him, her soft laughter and the sound of her tinkling bangles, as she helped him get ready for work. It seemed he had always needed her to find things for him. He could never find anything, and she would always say with a twinkle in her eyes that he was spoilt and was so used to everybody being at his beck and call, she was sure he could never manage without her. He would laugh and scoop her gently in his arms and as he twirled her around, say yes, that she had spoilt him for life and he could live with no other. She never failed to blush at that, and that was invitation for him to kiss her on her luscious lips. He suddenly stepped back into reality and found himself touching his lips. Suddenly the tender look of reminiscence was gone to be replaced with anger.
Well, I showed you Bani, didn't I? I never really needed you. I am happy with my life now. I am successful and richer than ever before.

As he felt his anger build up, he heard another knock on the door. Come in, he said angrily, wondering who could be disturbing him again. He noticed Meera walk in with her head slightly bowed.

I think I've told you that I don't want you entering my room, he said angrily as he stared at her through the mirror.

I, Iā€¦.. she stammered, flushed by his angry tone, suddenly unable to form a coherent sentence.

Well, speak up won't you. I don't have all day he barked.

She looked up at him, to find him busy with his tie and she mustered all her courage and softly said, Jigyasa di told me to tell you that we have to go to Meerut tonight for Laxshmi's engagement and it would be nice if you could make an appearance.

He looked up at her again with disinterest and said, I don't like these parties, so you can tell her I won't be there and added with gritted teeth, Don't make the mistake of coming in here again, understood?

Meera stood for a moment with her eyes lowered, with tears threatening to fall and turned around and walked out of the room.

Jigyasa stood behind a pillar and smiled to herself. That will put Meera in her place. Stupid woman, she said. Meera reminded her a bit of Bani and every time she would humiliate her or demean her she would feel victorious, as if she had actually taunted Bani in reality.

Meera sat on her bed and cried softly. She wondered why she still stayed in this house. Everyday she faced taunts from Jigyasa, who seemd to relish in demeaning her and insulting her. But what hurt her the most was that she received nothing but disgust and hatred from Jai.

Do I not have any self respect of my own? She asked herself. There was a time I was managing a company with my brother. She did not need to take this anymore. Yes, she was forced to marry, but the reason was no longer valid anymore. She could walk out now. She didn't have to think about anybody but herself. Then what is stopping me, she wondered.

You stay because you love him, a soft voice replied back.

She signed, yes she was in love with him, probably fell in love with him the first time she walked into his office with her brother Mohan, 6 years ago. She wished he would look at her lovingly just once, would acknowledge her just once, and would smile at her. Even if he never loved her as much as she did, she hoped and prayed that one day he would accept her and it was this hope that was keeping her from leaving the Walia mansion and him. She buried her face in her hands.
Shu2121 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
me  first šŸ˜› gr8 part i really dont like meera but she luved him even when she knows that he luvs bani cont soon but feel bad for her Edited by hot girl - 16 years ago
Sheena_Row thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
šŸ‘
Good one, I like the way it's shaping up. Meera is nice, I don't mind another hot guy coming and taking her off of Jai's hands!