Sports/Cricket

India-Forums

DOTW-The qualities of a Real Cricketer?

*Dakoo_Minzy* IF-Sizzlerz
*Dakoo_Minzy*
*Dakoo_Minzy*

Posted: 21 December 2007 at 7:18am | IP Logged
Halooo Frnzz

Me minnee bakk with yet again a topic...

So without wastin ne time....let me all invite u to myy topic!!

THE QUALITIES OF A REAL CRICKETER

According to u,what do u think should be the qualities ??

QuestionIn today's world we know many cricketer's shine more on advertisements rather than on the ground,wat do u think of them??

QuestionA cricketer,he plays once in 10 games,can he be givn the title 'A Real Cricketer'?

QuestionA cricketer,who blames the pitch,coach etc for the defeat f th team,is he a 'Real Cricketer'?

QuestionA player who cums alwas late for practices,is he a 'Real Cricketer'?

QuestionA cricketer who plays only to make personal gains,but not playin for country,is he 'Real Cricketer'?

If a player cant be of ne use to the team in critical situations,thn can we call him a 'Real Cricketer'?

I guess,almost all cricketers we see today,they will fall into ne f th above mentioned charecters.
Then whomcan we call a 'Real Cricketer'??
I hv been thinkin' f this question for sumtime..so thought will share with u all!!!

Note:Its jus a topic,maybe there are fans who think their hero is just perfect,n i dont feel or intent to hurt ne one f thm,coz me too am a real big fan f manyy cricketers!!!

Edited by anon - 28 December 2007 at 6:23am

*Fiza* IF-Rockerz
*Fiza*
*Fiza*

Posted: 24 December 2007 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
is it too hard to answer those questions? Confused
coolsonu IF-Rockerz
coolsonu
coolsonu

Posted: 26 December 2007 at 2:19am | IP Logged

a cricketer shud b courageous,consistent,able to handle pressure...always giving his 100% on the field..hard working..wanting to win the match for the team..a fighter...plays for the team..for the country rather than being selfish and playing for himself.....if he's the captain, then brave,aggressive,bold and not afraid of taking risks..

QuestionIn today's world we know many cricketer's shine more on advertisements rather than on the ground,wat do u think of them??

they shud b advised to go n do advertisement and stop playing cricket..one shud pursue a career in the field where one can do sumthing and is good at!!Angry

QuestionA cricketer,he plays once in 10 games,can he be givn the title 'A Real Cricketer'?

Nope..in the first place, such a player shud not b given another 10 matches..coz consistency is the key...no wonder y Aussies r champs since 1999..

QuestionA cricketer,who blames the pitch,coach etc for the defeat f th team,is he a 'Real Cricketer'?

well..sometimes the blame on pitches and even umpiring are acceptable but not alwayz..and such a player cannot b a 'real cricketer'...a 'real cricketer' wud b one who wud fight hard against all odds and try and perform despite all these things..

nope...a 'real cricketer' shud b devoted to his cricket...a hard worker, always trying and wanting to improve..cricket is all about one's commitment!

QuestionA cricketer who plays only to make personal gains,but not playin for country,is he 'Real Cricketer'?

as I said earlier..such a player cannot b the 'real cricketer' becoz his cricket..his performance..is not helping anyone or anything but him! wats the use of improving your own stats?At the end of the day, wat we see is the team..the country...the WINNER and the LOSER!

If a player cant be of ne use to the team in critical situations,thn can we call him a 'Real Cricketer'?

well...the ultimate 'real cricketer' is one who play well under pressure situations..gets the team out of trouble..and saves the game..but this is not alwayz possible! A player may fail sometimes during such situations..but if he fails ALWAYZ, then u cant call him a 'real cricketer'..
On the other hand, if there's a cricketer who sumtimes fail in critical situations..but at other times, his performance is of some help to the team..then u can't discard him..

Then whom can we call a 'Real Cricketer'??

Most of the Aussies!

Edited by coolsonu - 02 January 2008 at 8:15am
samir_soni Goldie
samir_soni
samir_soni

Posted: 01 January 2008 at 12:42am | IP Logged
- A cricketer should be really really hardworking. Hard work only brings out every good qualities. Often we see the hard work stopping once the cricketer gets a couple of dozens ODI.

In today's world we know many cricketer's shine more on advertisements rather than on the ground,wat do u think of them??
- They are complete losers. Do the work you are supposed to do and then if you have time do something else. If they are so keen in advertising, modelling or acting...get an agent and leave the team. Some promising new kid will get a chance.

A cricketer,he plays once in 10 games,can he be givn the title 'A Real Cricketer'?
- I don't get it. Everyone is injured half of the times. Are they playing for the first time? I mean comeon. They should spend some time to get fit so they don't get hurt playing one game.

A cricketer,who blames the pitch,coach etc for the defeat of the team,is he a 'Real Cricketer'?
- When defeat comes, it affects everyone. Winning is not easy. No one is going to get the winner fruit, wash it and give it to you. Playing good despite who the coach is or how the pitch was is how you win.

A player who cums alwas late for practices,is he a 'Real Cricketer'?
- Is plain Lazy. Dating a movie star. Is the brand ambassador for a dozen nonsense items.

A cricketer who plays only to make personal gains,but not playin for country,is he 'Real Cricketer'?
- I think every cricketer should play for the team. Playing for the country puts too much pressure on the players. Once in the dressing room, they should only focus on the other 10 players and their coach. Nothing else should exist.

I guess,almost all cricketers we see today,they will fall into one of the above mentioned charecters.
Then whom can we call a 'Real Cricketer'??
- There is no real cricketer. Since it became a sponsored sport, it is just a fashion show. Cricketers will play or if they can't play good will look good and fans will go crazy.

I would like to add how the people behave to the cricketers is somehow provoking their behavior. One bad game and riots outside their houses, their families life in danger...in this case if a cricketer thinks of making into some lists and earning the most he can and leave...why should we blame them?
Cricket is just a game. Its bad enough that desis dance in every tune played by the religious leaders.

Edited by samir_soni - 01 January 2008 at 12:44am
Leo IF-Dazzler
Leo
Leo

Posted: 01 January 2008 at 8:13am | IP Logged

THE QUALITIES OF A REAL CRICKETER

Attitude-less.....humble.....diplomatic.....handsomeWink....cuteBig smile.....should know how to handle media....and he should be a good player too(DUH!)!!Tongue

everyone's got the right to earn money! let them earn money!Big smile but they should also play well....should make their country men proud!Smile kick out players who dun understand this!LOL baaki all...rent Chak De! India's DVD!Wink

no way! even Dhoni was duck out in his first international match? does he not deserve the title of Real Cricketer? he does deserve it! a player's capabilities cant be determined only by judging him once! its like dropping Sachin Tendulkar in the next match cuz he scored 0 (god forbid!) in the previous match!
A player must play MORE than 10 games in order to be a REAL CRICKETER!Big smile

he is a loser for not admitting his defeat!Embarrassed

provided he has a solid reason! LOLbut if he comes late purposely....make him do 5 rounds around the cricket pitch!LOL i dun really know if he is a REAL CRICKETER! ask the janta!Big smile conduct polls!Wink

no way n e day!Smile 

if he is Rahul Dravid! we can call him a Real Cricketer!Embarrassed if he has like given all his life to cricket and is considered among the best but some series go wrong for him....he is still a REAL Cricketer!Big smile

hope u r happy wid my replies!Big smile

Eloquent IF-Veteran Member
Eloquent
Eloquent

Posted: 05 January 2008 at 10:57am | IP Logged
well....the current lot do seem to fall in a lot of the above categories!

Personally...I've always felt that the Old Guard is and always will be the best Thumbs Up

By the Old Guard I meant the Big 3...Sachin, Sourav and Dravid...and ofcourse Kumble...

You should see their level of commitment and their firepower...and how they always manage to come back if they are down in the dumps....they alway manage to bounce back so well Clap

The newer lot just do lil bit six hitting and a LOT of advertising and dancing with Bollywood stars. LOL LOL
*Fiza* IF-Rockerz
*Fiza*
*Fiza*

Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
thankyou so much everyone..i hope that u wud also answer the new DOTW.. Big smile

TOPIC CLOSED
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top