Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

souro

souro

Posted: 20 December 2007 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by souro

I think ...not sure....As the man developed.....as he became more civilized...as he learnt growing crops.....as he learnt.....farming ..he learnt proper utilization of the resources in nature.....the VEGETARIAN CONCEPT EVOLVED....I  wonder if people in old stone age....were vegetariansTongue

Even before man learnt farming they used to eat vegetables and fruits, through what's known as gathering. And can you really say that people who are vegetarian are more civilised. Somehow, during the ancient ages when Indians were non-vegetarians, they were more advanced. Later they became vegetarians, and whatever did they achieve?? The vegetarian population of India (especially Brahmins), from the middle ages and even today, associate a snob value to being vegetarian and look down on others who are non-vegetarians. So, what great things have they done by becoming vegetarian?? Infact all rubbush laws and rituals were made by them in the middle ages. And even now when Indians feel so great for being vegetarians, people (including those very vegetarians) are all the time running away to other countries, having predominantly non-vegetarian food habits, for better oppurtunities. Hah, some greatness we're always talking about.

Hey You!

Hey at yourself.

What's the issueSmile......Am not bothered to degrade any one ..You can count me into that sect of PROUD VEGETARIAN BRAHMINSmile....I really feel proud for being a VEGETARIAN and I respect more the people who turn to VEGETARIANS by choice...I agree with you there are tons of PSEUDO BRAHMNINS who just pose to be VEG Brahmins but literally die for NON VEG FOOD.

FOOD Habits NEVER MAKE A PERSON SUPERIOR TO OTHER...

No, you feel especially proud for being a vegetarian and as an afterthought add that food habits never make a person superior. You should first realise that it's just a food habit and nothing to be proud about.

But the issue is DOES THE DIET WE EAT HAVE IMPACT ON OUR THOUGHT PROCESS AND OUR EMOTIONS......

If it has impact..then all the VEGETARIANS....make this WORLD A BETTER SOCIETY....AN INTELLIGENT WORLD.....but ..is it happening in reality is the issue....

See, there you go again, as if only vegetarians can make this world a better place. As of now non-vegetarians are doing a far better job of that.

As far as my knowledge is concerned...the diet we have DEFINETELY has its IMPACT on our Thought and intelligence.....most of the people who eat GHAS PHOOS are sharper than people who eat lot of meat.....

You got some proof?? Or are you making your statement based on some study likes of which are published everyday in newspapers.

When you look at mythological stories....Rakshas..Demons....used to kill humans and animals and they used to have them as they are.....it was depicted that those Rakshas..did'nt have much brain..they had only body ..but no brains...this is KEY POINT used in several mythological stories...to extend the stories further..in the glorification of the GODS....

say for instance..this stirring of milk ocean story..rakshas and devatas..both stirred the milk ocean..the foolishness of the Rakshas is cleverly used by the GODS and the AMRUT is taken away from them.....these mythlogical stories just convey the message of morals in interesting manner...

So, now you want me to believe in mythologies too and take them as the ultimate truth. Next time please do better than that.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Vegetarian Vs Non Vegetarian (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ritika2025

Goldie

Ritika2025

Posted: 20 December 2007 at 10:46am | IP Logged

Ok...here is an objective and Neutral approach to it

Vegetarianism vs Non vegetarianism
Pros and COns

Pros
It is a fact that the non-vegetarian diet contains cholesterol and saturated fatty acid. These are the root cause of problems like coronary heart disease, cerebro-vascular accidents (strokes), eye diseases and high blood pressure. In a non-vegetarian diet, only 60 % of its content is useful for human body, rest 40 % contains harmful and toxic products. In addition to it, non-vegetarian diet is generally heavy for stomach and produces acidity(Animal bodies have 10 times the amount of HCl than it shud be in our body), which in turn can cause many diseases of gastrointestinal system.

Another significantly important difference between vegetarian and non-vegetarian diet is that the former contains dietary fibers whereas non-vegetarian diet is lacking in fiber. These dietary fibers are very useful for human body because it has been observed that the people who eat diet rich in these dietary fibers have low incidence of diseases like coronary heart diseases, cancer of intestinal tract, piles, obesity, diabetes, constipation, hitatus hernia, diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, dental caries and gallstones.

CONS
Vegans face the risk of inadequate vitamin and mineral levels. Vitamin B12 deficiencies
are found in vegans, and this deficiency can lead to irreversible nerve deterioration
These vegetarians are also at risk for iron-deficiency anemia, not only from exclusion of animal products, but also because of the high dietary fiber content of foods such as soy protein, bran, and fiber. The dietary fiber in these
foods actually inhibits iron absorption. Protein deficiency must also be guarded against, which
can lead to loss of hair and muscle mass, along with abnormal accumulation of fluid

P.s. Research has proven It...Google it or I can provide the Links..

Food habit and life style does Have an effect on BODY,  dunno about the sharper Bit, bt yeah Definitely more Alert...

Edited by Ritika2025 - 20 December 2007 at 10:48am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 December 2007 at 10:52am | IP Logged

I think ...not sure....As the man developed.....as he became more civilized...as he learnt growing crops.....as he learnt.....farming ..he learnt proper utilization of the resources in nature.....the VEGETARIAN CONCEPT EVOLVED....I  wonder if people in old stone age....were vegetariansTongue

Even before man learnt farming they used to eat vegetables and fruits, through what's known as gathering. And can you really say that people who are vegetarian are more civilised. Somehow, during the ancient ages when Indians were non-vegetarians, they were more advanced. Later they became vegetarians, and whatever did they achieve?? The vegetarian population of India (especially Brahmins), from the middle ages and even today, associate a snob value to being vegetarian and look down on others who are non-vegetarians. So, what great things have they done by becoming vegetarian?? Infact all rubbush laws and rituals were made by them in the middle ages. And even now when Indians feel so great for being vegetarians, people (including those very vegetarians) are all the time running away to other countries, having predominantly non-vegetarian food habits, for better oppurtunities. Hah, some greatness we're always talking about.

Hey You!

Hey at yourself.

What's the issueSmile......Am not bothered to degrade any one ..You can count me into that sect of PROUD VEGETARIAN BRAHMINSmile....I really feel proud for being a VEGETARIAN and I respect more the people who turn to VEGETARIANS by choice...I agree with you there are tons of PSEUDO BRAHMNINS who just pose to be VEG Brahmins but literally die for NON VEG FOOD.

FOOD Habits NEVER MAKE A PERSON SUPERIOR TO OTHER...

No, you feel especially proud for being a vegetarian and as an afterthought add that food habits never make a person superior. You should first realise that it's just a food habit and nothing to be proud about.

But the issue is DOES THE DIET WE EAT HAVE IMPACT ON OUR THOUGHT PROCESS AND OUR EMOTIONS......

If it has impact..then all the VEGETARIANS....make this WORLD A BETTER SOCIETY....AN INTELLIGENT WORLD.....but ..is it happening in reality is the issue....

See, there you go again, as if only vegetarians can make this world a better place. As of now non-vegetarians are doing a far better job of that.

As far as my knowledge is concerned...the diet we have DEFINETELY has its IMPACT on our Thought and intelligence.....most of the people who eat GHAS PHOOS are sharper than people who eat lot of meat.....

You got some proof?? Or are you making your statement based on some study likes of which are published everyday in newspapers.

When you look at mythological stories....Rakshas..Demons....used to kill humans and animals and they used to have them as they are.....it was depicted that those Rakshas..did'nt have much brain..they had only body ..but no brains...this is KEY POINT used in several mythological stories...to extend the stories further..in the glorification of the GODS....

say for instance..this stirring of milk ocean story..rakshas and devatas..both stirred the milk ocean..the foolishness of the Rakshas is cleverly used by the GODS and the AMRUT is taken away from them.....these mythlogical stories just convey the message of morals in interesting manner...

So, now you want me to believe in mythologies too and take them as the ultimate truth. Next time please do better than that.

Souro ji!

First take a deep breath...count upto 10..even then if your anger does not decrease...count upto 100.Tongue

I'm not going to leave this post unless and untill some veg or non veg or plastic eater or anyone explains me or helps me in understanding the concept of vegetarianism in HUMANS.....

So even if you bug me or I bug you...we should not let this post be closed...

WHEN DID THIS CONCEPT OF VEGETARIANISM IN HUMANS COME IN EXISTENCE...when initailly HUMANS WERE NON VEGETARIANS..is it a part of evolution...civilization.....tradition.....WE NEED TO KNOW.....

..Feel free to answer..if you know.....I will definetly explain my concepts...regading ghas poos..tommorrow....right now SWEET DREAMS AND GOOD NIGHTTongue

souro

souro

Posted: 20 December 2007 at 10:57am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Ritika2025

@ souro

south Indian Brahmins who work in temples are a fairly small segment...So saying Vegetarian Indians do so is pretty much a generalisation...

I gave an example, doesn't mean only they do it. If you see my previous post, I've edited it and added one example. You may deny it but it's a fact, but I can't prove it as there has been no survey to find out what vegetarian people think of non-vegetarians.

Sorry Bt i can give examples of ppl whom i know, no personal element was intended... What I meant was that I happen to be both A brahmin and a vegetarian BY CHOICE whereas My brother is a ovo-vegetarian and rest of my family pure VGs And my ppl and acquaintances are composed of both..
However, Never have I met a relative, acquaintance telling us they are superior...

****ViewBie's Edit****

Refrain from making personal references or remarks.

Why'd someone tell you that vegetarianism is better than non-vegetarianism when you yourself is vegetarian.

And as for some ppl...Well you take anything at all and atleast Some ppl will have a problem with that... LOL
Thats ppls own belief...Just like someone wud think of a car as a status symbol, someone else might not...

It's not just some people.

Vegetarianism vs non vegetariansm is a personal matter pf choice, meither related to the topic nor the issue of debate..
Bt I suppose getting Personal or giving hints isnt a gud idea

Then let it be a personal choice. When someone says that vegetarianism is superior and is a mark of civilisation in a public forum, like it or not, it ceases to be a personal matter.

****ViewBie's Edit****

... And it should be REPORTED, if POV's are offending.

And btw, I didn't give only hints, I gave an example too. If you've a problem with that, feel free to report.

P.s. DOes anyone Know why we arent supposed to open books the day next to DIwali..Wud love to know a scientific explanation to that (if any)

Edited by raj5000 - 20 December 2007 at 3:54pm

souro

souro

Posted: 20 December 2007 at 11:04am | IP Logged

In case you didn't notice, here's the example that I gave.

souro wrote:

qwertyesque wrote:
its human nature. It wont stop or change...until everybody becomes vegetarian....since thats a sure sign of change from a primitive state we started with...and ability to stay that way defines the character..of the species as a whole. Smile

Do you mean to say that vegetarian people don't go to wh*re houses?? Confused Food habits usually depict what is more available in that region, rather than giving an idea of how advanced the people are.

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 20 December 2007 at 11:17am | IP Logged
@ souro One thing is correct, eating vegitarian food make persons less aggressive LOL LOL - no need to site an example Wink Wink kidding

Edited by nitasuni - 20 December 2007 at 11:19am

Ritika2025

Goldie

Ritika2025

Posted: 20 December 2007 at 11:19am | IP Logged

^ Souro
Bro
just becuase I am being Polite does not mean that you get aggresive for no reason what so evr..

when i say, Never have I met a relative, acquaintance telling us they are superior...I obviously meant they are superior to NON VEGETARIANS...
My parents,relatives, aquaintances never refused to eat with my Non VG friends or Brother

****ViewBie's Edit****

FYI - If possible try to confront the member via PM on offending remarks, intend might not be to cause any hurt in most cases.And definately reporting or PMing dev is an open option. Thanks!

@Nita
Not Objectionable at all, just weird as i didnt know the reason...LOL Thats why I was asking

Edited by raj5000 - 20 December 2007 at 3:51pm

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 20 December 2007 at 1:17pm | IP Logged

[

WHEN DID THIS CONCEPT OF VEGETARIANISM IN HUMANS COME IN EXISTENCE...when initailly HUMANS WERE NON VEGETARIANS..is it a part of evolution...civilization.....tradition.....WE NEED TO KNOW.....

..Feel free to answer..if you know.....I will definetly explain my concepts...regading ghas poos..tommorrow....right now SWEET DREAMS AND GOOD NIGHTTongue

Myth .. stop banging your head on the wall now....Smile Forget humans- in Africa the big five animals most dangerous to hunt - Rhinoceros, Leopard, Cape Buffalo, Elephant and Lion, three are herbivores. So may be some of us humans are also predisposed to being vegeterians and some aren't.

I agree when one has to hunt and kill to feed oneself , agressive emotions are neccessary for survival. But in today's world it is as easy as going to the supermarket to get the meat or vegetables and if you don't encounter any traffic or a big crowd to get there , no aggression is required. LOL

Plants are valuable to humans and the environment for more then its food value. We use plants for medicinal purposes and the outdoor world in general provides a relaxing oasis for our pleasure. At any time, I would rather be near a corn field or mango farm then chicken farm or a slaughter house. At some point we all make a choice for what is good for us internally and externally and if the choice is between plants and animals then it is a no brainer. Jmho.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top