Debate Mansion

Vegetarian Vs Non Vegetarian - Page 2

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Souro ji!

First take a deep breath...count upto 10..even then if your anger does not decrease...count upto 100.😛

I'm not going to leave this post unless and untill some veg or non veg or plastic eater or anyone explains me or helps me in understanding the concept of vegetarianism in HUMANS.....

So even if you bug me or I bug you...we should not let this post be closed...

WHEN DID THIS CONCEPT OF VEGETARIANISM IN HUMANS COME IN EXISTENCE...when initailly HUMANS WERE NON VEGETARIANS..is it a part of evolution...civilization.....tradition.....WE NEED TO KNOW.....

..Feel free to answer..if you know.....I will definetly explain my concepts...regading ghas poos..tommorrow....right now SWEET DREAMS AND GOOD NIGHT😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Ritika2025

@ souro

south Indian Brahmins who work in temples are a fairly small segment...So saying Vegetarian Indians do so is pretty much a generalisation...

I gave an example, doesn't mean only they do it. If you see my previous post, I've edited it and added one example. You may deny it but it's a fact, but I can't prove it as there has been no survey to find out what vegetarian people think of non-vegetarians.

Sorry Bt i can give examples of ppl whom i know, no personal element was intended... What I meant was that I happen to be both A brahmin and a vegetarian BY CHOICE whereas My brother is a ovo-vegetarian and rest of my family pure VGs And my ppl and acquaintances are composed of both..
However, Never have I met a relative, acquaintance telling us they are superior...

****ViewBie's Edit****

Refrain from making personal references or remarks.

Why'd someone tell you that vegetarianism is better than non-vegetarianism when you yourself is vegetarian.

And as for some ppl...Well you take anything at all and atleast Some ppl will have a problem with that... 😆
Thats ppls own belief...Just like someone wud think of a car as a status symbol, someone else might not...

It's not just some people.

Vegetarianism vs non vegetariansm is a personal matter pf choice, meither related to the topic nor the issue of debate..
Bt I suppose getting Personal or giving hints isnt a gud idea

Then let it be a personal choice. When someone says that vegetarianism is superior and is a mark of civilisation in a public forum, like it or not, it ceases to be a personal matter.

****ViewBie's Edit****

... And it should be REPORTED, if POV's are offending.

And btw, I didn't give only hints, I gave an example too. If you've a problem with that, feel free to report.

P.s. DOes anyone Know why we arent supposed to open books the day next to DIwali..Wud love to know a scientific explanation to that (if any)

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

In case you didn't notice, here's the example that I gave.

souro wrote:

qwertyesque wrote:
its human nature. It wont stop or change...until everybody becomes vegetarian....since thats a sure sign of change from a primitive state we started with...and ability to stay that way defines the character..of the species as a whole. 😊

Do you mean to say that vegetarian people don't go to wh*re houses?? 😕 Food habits usually depict what is more available in that region, rather than giving an idea of how advanced the people are.

nitasuni thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ souro One thing is correct, eating vegitarian food make persons less aggressive 😆 😆 - no need to site an example 😉 😉 kidding Edited by nitasuni - 16 years ago
Ritika2025 thumbnail

^ Souro
Bro
just becuase I am being Polite does not mean that you get aggresive for no reason what so evr..

when i say, Never have I met a relative, acquaintance telling us they are superior...I obviously meant they are superior to NON VEGETARIANS...
My parents,relatives, aquaintances never refused to eat with my Non VG friends or Brother

****ViewBie's Edit****

FYI - If possible try to confront the member via PM on offending remarks, intend might not be to cause any hurt in most cases.And definately reporting or PMing dev is an open option. Thanks!

@Nita
Not Objectionable at all, just weird as i didnt know the reason...😆 Thats why I was asking

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago
lighthouse thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

[

WHEN DID THIS CONCEPT OF VEGETARIANISM IN HUMANS COME IN EXISTENCE...when initailly HUMANS WERE NON VEGETARIANS..is it a part of evolution...civilization.....tradition.....WE NEED TO KNOW.....

..Feel free to answer..if you know.....I will definetly explain my concepts...regading ghas poos..tommorrow....right now SWEET DREAMS AND GOOD NIGHT😛

Myth .. stop banging your head on the wall now....😊 Forget humans- in Africa the big five animals most dangerous to hunt - Rhinoceros, Leopard, Cape Buffalo, Elephant and Lion, three are herbivores. So may be some of us humans are also predisposed to being vegeterians and some aren't.

I agree when one has to hunt and kill to feed oneself , agressive emotions are neccessary for survival. But in today's world it is as easy as going to the supermarket to get the meat or vegetables and if you don't encounter any traffic or a big crowd to get there , no aggression is required. ðŸ˜†

Plants are valuable to humans and the environment for more then its food value. We use plants for medicinal purposes and the outdoor world in general provides a relaxing oasis for our pleasure. At any time, I would rather be near a corn field or mango farm then chicken farm or a slaughter house. At some point we all make a choice for what is good for us internally and externally and if the choice is between plants and animals then it is a no brainer. Jmho.

mermaid_QT thumbnail
this is a can of worms and beans 😆 😆

This content was originally posted by: mermaid_QT

this is a can of worms and beans 😆 😆

and hornet's nest 😆😆😆. When I read this thought to myself...not again!

raunaq thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Maya_M

and hornet's nest 😆😆😆. When I read this thought to myself...not again!

purani yaadein taza karna kabhi kabhi achi baat hoti hai 😆 😆 😆
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
For those who think Vegges are non living thing and take pride in being vegetarian good for them. Benifits of vegetrianism was identified of the main reason becoz NVeg were not not making right choices of eating and accumulating more fats and lacking vitamins. If required amount of carbs/ brain vitamins / general vitamins are gained by either eating habits...its personal choice what to eat, no right or wrong.

My Brother had severe bone weakness and was suggested to drink goti soup which he did, and recovered... I don't find anything wrong with that.

Think about living organism sucked in while breathing, sweets, gelatin, milk products one consumes, then revisit the terms Intellegence and Proud 😊