India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

Ronit's religiousity

Manasi_16 IF-Rockerz
Manasi_16
Manasi_16

Posted: 31 December 2004 at 5:16am | IP Logged

I am a religious person. I pray everyday. Actually, I delve so deep into religion that I feel I have reached a stage where I am confused. I have so many questions to ask, so I feel the need for a guru to answer these questions. I know a few pundits and gurus who help me interpret the scriptures and understand it better. They are my medium. God is this supreme power. God is in everybody. The power is in each of us. There are some who have tapped that power and feel close to him.

Looking at the pressures of daily life, it's not easy for one to really reach that level of attainment. That level is where you find out what life really is. That's a point where all your questions are answered and you are one with your existence. There's a sense of calm and you feel you are beyond everything.
There are some people who have attained this sense of satisfaction. They are people who seem to have found the path and they know where to go. Most of us don't know where to go. We are still looking for that path. What I believe is that some reach (the path) earlier, some later, some don't at all. Maybe they don't feel the need for it in their lifetime.

Prayer is important to me. I do puja everyday and read Hanuman Chalisa daily. And when I have the time I read other mantras. Over the past few years when I was not busy working I read the scriptures, books and started exploring it further. It's more understanding, than reading. Basically there are no specifics. It's entirely upto the individual, how he interprets it or how his teacher helps him interpret it.
At home, we do not start anything new without a puja. That's least one can do to keep in touch with the spiritual side of our lives.

People turn to God when they feel completely helpless. That's very good because it's the beginning of realisation that there is the supreme power to help. But, one should not expect miracles. God is with me every moment. I try to take his name as frequently as possible. I feel nice.
                                                    As told to Roshni Olivera

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top